Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Ok, I'm not overweight, but do you think i'm fat?
My BMI is 23.0, but i just want to know if a look fat.

http://a772.ac-images.my
http://a939.ac-images.my...

How unhealthy is chinese food?
Wondering....

Whats the best way to help tone up tummy muscles to get a firmer tum?

Whats the best way to lose 2 in./ 10 lbs in 5 weeks?
-about 123 lbs
-5'2"
-14 yrs ...

How do I force myself to go to the gym more?
I need to work out more and I joined an expensive gym and am always making lazy excuses not to go....

My biceps are sore should i still workout today?

What do you call it when a fat woman has a belly that hangs low between her legs?
You know....... the part that they tuck in to their knickers. What's that part called?...

I'm fat, short and ugly. help me?
well firstly im 18, live in houston with my grandparents (parents dead). i blame god for everything that has ever happened to me in life. i have no education, no job i just sit at home eating and ...

Is it ok for me too run 1 hour a day im only 14?
i love ...

Could I die?
I went to my doctor and she told me I am anorexic. My family had already said I was but I didnt beleive them. I used to be 5'1 and 111 lbs and now I am 104lbs. I keep losing more and more weight....

Am I fat?I am 180 pounds. Look at that picture.?

Have you ever done weight watchers? How did it work for you?
I just joined weight watchers today in hopes of losing at least like 55 pounds. Any tips on dieting? Excericising that worked really well for you? Also with the weight watchers diet I am using the ...

Is my height and weight regular for my age?
I am 13, going to be a freshman next year, 5'8, and 110 pounds. Is that normal?
Additional Details
by the way, I eat alot. :-)...

Am i fatt or average???
im 13, 148 lbs and 5'9''
i have a big boned body structure
some people sayy im too skinny and others dissagree
well, im not so confident but the doctor says if i loose ...

Am I overweight?
I am 110 and 5,3...

How can I stop getting blisters on my feet????
I walk about 4 miles a day and I come home with huge blisters! I have tried all kinds of shoes. I don't know what to do but it hurts!!!

Thank you.
Additional Details

I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any advice?
I'm 13 and I don't get as much exercises as I should. Any tips on how to make excersize fun for me? PLEASE help!...

How can i lose 20 ponds in one week????????
im trying to inpress a girl i like at school.............

AM I A FAT PERSON?..if so what can i do about it?
i weight 116 and im 5'9"..i want to be 110...i exercise 2-5hrs daily..is that enought..this is what i ate today is this to much?

morning-miniwheats 1%milk
lunch- 2waffles ...

HELPPPPPP MEEEEEEE PLEASE!?
I have just started 8th grade. 13 years old. I want to order this exercise tape called Slim in 6. http://www.beachbody.com...

someone
Am i fat or am i healthy?
i am 5 ft and 3 inches and i weigh 165 lb.s all my family tell me im not fat but i dont believe them

msmonroe2003
Rating
you are overweight, but your body can be proportioned to look nice or maybe you have a lot of muscle mass so it doesnt look like flab, however your BMI is high and you should def lose some weight to be healthier. Consult your dr♥

monik18
Rating
im sorry but that means you are fat

mybestfriendeleida
uh.....maybe a little chunky im afraid....srry but im 5ft 2inches and i weigh 125 which is already in the high-normal range my doctor tells me...ugh.....

kp
Rating
I just answered a question similar to this a second ago...based on your body mass index I would say most likely you are a bit over weight, but only your doctor could say for sure...

your bmi is about 32.2

BMI Categories:

* Underweight = <18.5
* Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
* Overweight = 25-29.9
* Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I wouldn't let others tell you if you are overweight, make sure you are getting plenty of exercise and eating healthily!

It's all how you feel too, if you think you need to loose a little weight consult your doctor for a proper diet and exercise regimen - family is always great for the ego, just sometimes they can't be truthful because they think it might hurt you to hear you need to lose a few lbs. If you do try to lose weight do it safely and not in excess - take it off the right way and you will keep it off.

Just to give you a comparison, I'm 5'11 and 170 lbs (5 lbs heavier and 8 inches taller than you - they say Tyra Banks is around this height and weight to compare), I really feel like I need to lose weight but am within a healthy bmi - it's all how you feel. I don't feel I am fit enough for my body frame - if you feel good about yourself, then more power to ya!

best of luck to you - I wish you nothing but good health!

Cristen W
Rating
It seems like ur probably fat because i am 5'4 and i am 116 and i am perfect. So ur should try to eat healthier and wake up early every morning before whateva u have to do and run, jog, or ride ur bike and u will see a difference! Also do other exercises like that.

Little Miss Fun..!!
You are not fat, just slightly overweight. I used to weigh 156 and my doc said i had to weigh 125 !! I m as tall as you.. Now i weigh 145 but i still wanna lose 15 more pounds. You should just lose a couple of pounds not too much cause then u would look anorexic...and that doesnt look good u would look sick.. :) Hope i helped

pink♥♥♥
Rating
u r overweight but if u like how u look, then it doesnt matter what is healthy or skinny or fat, btw ur family is not going to hurt u so they will tell u whatever they think will meke u feel better. try to lose like 20-30 pounds.

Bahman
ur right . ur ideal weight is exactly 110-120. and ur BMI is 32 right now so you can loose ur weight healthily if you get only 1166 kcal per a day and do exercise for long time but not in intense

Izzy B
Rating
i think that you are not fat at all and i weigh less then you. if you think you are fat then that is very funny. i hope you are going to agree with me and hope you are fine.

Mummy
Rating
i am underweight, and the numbers 4 mine and your weight dont seem that far apart. i think your normal.

The fool says there is no god
WELL your kinda thick but not fat i would say i am 5'4 and way 135 pounds and look pretty normal shoot most people say i am skinny

Da Man!
Rating
yeah your fat, i'm 5.9 and i weigh 115, so yeah your familys lien

thisisveryodd
Rating
wel it dpeends how it sits on you. 165 could look great on one and not so good on another. so its hard to say without a photo of you. also bear in mind muscle weight e.t.c. some people jut naturally ghace more muscle,heavier bones, and organs which is a good thing to have good strong muscles and bones¬!

mom2kats
Rating
nope u are not!!!!!! maybe if you weighed 200 or more.....don't get your self sick worrying about it......but if you really, really think you are....watch what you eat and take off 25 pounds....but no more....being too underweight is not healthy.

angie345
idk but i weigh 100 and im 5 foot 1

padget2002
Rating
http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/fat_thin.html

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

If you are 20 or younger use teh top link, if you are over 20 use the bottom link.

krissyInterupted
you are not fat.

Sandra S.
According to the BMI charts, you are at a unhealthy weight. Your average weigh at 5'3" should be 115. Sometimes family doesn't want to hurt feelings. Which I think is the case here. They should be concerned an help you prepare for a better lifestyle change. Stepping up your activity and practice portion control, while eating fresh healthy foods... fruits, vegetables, proteins and bran should help you slowly lose weight while remaining healthy. If you feel you need a Dr.'s advice, be sure to do so. Little changes, BIG results!!Good luck to you.

BabeHeart
You are overweight for your height, yes. The ideal weight range for a 5'3" adult female with a medium build is 115 - 119

Vanessa
According to a BMI calculator you are overweight, but if you feel fine about your weight, don't let a BMI calculator get you down(:

Lola
im srry
but to be honest
you are overweight
well it depends how old you are
at 5'3 you should be weighting about 120
or so
im 14 5'4 and weight 130

John J
ur not that fat i wold reconmend you start to lose a bit of weight
its the same problem with me

Mulatic
5'3"

small frame
111-124

medium frame
121-135

large frame
131-147

anything under 111 is technically too thin and over 147 is technically overweight

(I like to use my own standards..if you are happy with yourself that's all that matters)

pittbulls for palin
umm im 5 '6 and im 180 and im very fat soo yeah you can probably loose a few pounds cuz thats what i am doing

rdawashington1
Rating
The highest you should be at your height is 137. I am also 5'4" and 150 lbs. Just work it out. And cut your portions in half

jesika marie.
Rating
f*$k jasime because your probably flat that why you weigh so much. Now your probably not fat your perfectly normal because you probably have a little meat on you bone and that perfect guys adore that

ash.54321
im 5'3 and im 130lbs and my bmi is 22.9 ( if yr over 24 your overweight) ..... soo you might be slightly overweight but it mightned be noticable
check your bmi
type in bmi into google and it will come up = yr 29.2
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
but you might stil be the right weight and our bones just ,ight be heavier lyk do yo do sport ??

michael
Rating
Looks okay. Women ALWAYS worry about their weight. If it still is bothering you take a fat analysis. you can be up to 20% body fat for a woman and be considered healthy.

Cutie Pie
Rating
Totally healthy

fishlover(:
dont listen to those people..
thats a terrible thing to say!
i think you should go to your doctor and ask him
he'd know best..
but dont listen to those punks sweetie...

♥Leandra.AKA.Lala♥
Healthy

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.124
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy