Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Everbody agree that drinking water is good for health - which one is best - hot ? cold ? normal ?
Happy new Year Wishes for all, just out of curiosity, I had in my mind to find out an answer for this question - Is drinking Hot water ? Cold Water ? Normal Water - good for ...

Girls which do you prefer?
slim toned bod or muscles im slim but started in ...

I want somethign sweet but don't want to ruin my diet?
Has anyone got any good recipes for a really nice dessert, but one which won't add on too many calories? And how do other people deal with their sweet tooth when they're trying to lose ...

I'm 15 years old and I need to lose 50 pounds. Any tips?
I am 5'7 and weigh 205 lbs.
I'm out of control with yo-yo dieting, and I need help.
Any tips are more than appreciated....

I'm Constipated.?
DAMN YOU KFC !! Every bloody time =/

oh welll..... any advice?
should i have fruit?
water?
bicarbonated soda?

What is the healthiest meal option at KFC?
excluding ...

Best way to reduce stress?
I haven't been sleeping, I've been over eating and then not eating enough, I've been gaining and losing weight, and I'm tired all the time....

What is the best way to slim down?

Why do people like to eat so much? it makes them fat!?

Is there way way I can lose weight fast?
I need to lose around 5-7 pounds. I'm 5'5'' and 118 pounds. People say I'm skinny but I have a little pouch around my stomach and I hate my thighs. I don't want to be ...

What's healthier Pepsi or Coke?
Between just Pepsi and Coke, which of the two is healthiest to drink. Niether of them are, but which is better. It's hard to tell, because they both have their highs and lows, and sometimes in ...

Weight help!!!?
Hi I am 12 years old, five foot 4 and I weigh 140 lbs and maybe even more. You dont have to tell me that I am overweight because I already know I am. But I just cant stop eating. I dont feel hungry ...

How can i gain weight? :/?
i'm 13 right now. 5'2 & 85 lbs. i get called names like anorexic, a human toothpick, and this one time, a guy was like do you eat? & i'm really tired of it. and even my family ...

Question!?
How much a day should I be runninf if i wanna loose 30 pounds in 4 months?...

What would be an unhealtily low weight for my height?
ie: losing periods, losing muscle mass, general bad health?
I'm 5'7 and 110 ( so dont worry im not underweight or anything) but just wondered at what weight i would be underweight....

Am i fat? Details included...it seems..all my fat goes to one place?
I am a 14 year old girl...who plays alot of sports....including basketball (Top scorer for 3 years straight). ....i weight 118 on good days...123 on bad days. it seems..my arms are pretty thin.......

Why havent I lost weight?
For over a month i have been doing a self control thing with my diet, Im a vegetarian, i dont eat artificial sugars or have caffine. I havent lost any weight at all which is what i would have liked, ...

Toooooooo skinny or normal????
is this too skinny or normal???
hott body or not???
if you are a guy would you date a girl with a body like this or is it not curvy enough???
RATE THE BODY 1-10.
the person is 5�...

My sister is 12 yaears old and she weighs 98 pounds is she fat??

Do you actually eat what the food pyramid says?
I mean...cmon. I eat healthy, I eat vegetarian, but no matter how frickin hard I try I can never get each food group into a day. Obviously, I have to replace the dairy with soymilk and the meat with ...

roblover4ever
Am i fat at all?
i am going in 6th grade and i am 115 pounds. i run great my diet is great what's making me so fat? IS this a bad thing that when i am bored i eat? plz i need tips and ideas to loose weight besides exorcise and diet because i already do that but i need answers plz

hahahaha
it might be because you have slow metabollism..to quicken your metabollism you could try eating celery or drinking flavored water...you are only going to sixth grade so it doesn't matter for your age if you weigh that much unless the doctor said so...i think its fine...when you start grwoing you are obviously going to change. too young to worry gal

but really looks don't matter

Sahara
Rating
First of all, it is very bad if you eat when you are bored.
Everyone does it. You must find something to do. You have to learn to only eat when you are hungry. One thing I have heard is that sometimes we mistake being hungry for really being thirsty so try to drink more water. Become more active. Go for walks or jogs. Pay attention to how you feel. Don't work too hard. Get some hobbies/activities that you like to do. Be more curious, ask more questions. Stop before you grab that snack if you aren't really hungry. Start thinking more about how you feel after you eat something that you really didn't want. Now it's a great time for you to start trying to develop healthier habits that will serve you well. Don't worry if it takes time to get it down. It will and it's not a big deal. Just keep on trying. Best of luck to you.

witchhazel99
Rating
no you are not fat just slow down on the eating a little make sure to eat the right foods that are not fattening

Mimi
Snack on healthier things, like fruits and veggies, during bordom. Drink tons of water. That always helps to fill me up.

Andrew Aitaken
get into a sport, you will be fit and have fun.

Dakotas mama
Rating
It's probably just a growth spurt. You will eat more as you grow. Just make sure that you keep eating good and exercising. You didn't tell us how tall you are but i'm sure that you aren't fat and it sounds like you are healthy.

Melissa
The reason you are not losign weight is because you don't need to. You are an ideal weight for your age and so your body isn't allowing you to lose weight. Stop trying to, because it is important at your age that you grow. Have fun and be a kid.

sweetie
How tall are you? IT sounds normal to me really, but it depends how tall you are.!

Hannah
make sure you don't eat refined sugar. eat natural sugars that are in fruits and stuff and only eat wheat flour. no candy no soda! that's what makes you fat. ya it can be bad eating when you are bored. if you're bored than you should go outside or play with a friend or your dog or something. do something to keep yourself busy. you can go to this website and it will tell you if you are overweight by checking your BMI (body mass index)
here's the link

http://www.kidshealth.org/teen/nutrition/weight/bmi.html

gobaby74
well, before you try to lose weight, you should find out if you are overweight (it depends on your height)
http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dnpabmi/Calculator.aspx

if your diet is good and you exercise regularly, then i highly doubt that you are fat . . . you may have started puberty earlier than your peers, and gaining weight is a part of puberty, so you really can't compare the weight of someone who hasn't started puberty with the weight of someone who has started puberty, even if they are the same age and height

Jessye
You are only in the 6th grade. You should not be on a diet!!! Unless a medical professional put you on a weight loss plan, there is no reason why you should be trying to lose weight. You are young and your body is still growing!! You just need to eat a lot of healthy food and have a good time playing with your friends at recess.

techierain
Ive dealt with this my whole life - I was the biggest kid in every grade up until my sophomore year in high school. It could be a lot of things - but you have to learn to be comfortable with who you are, and not let worrying about weather or not you're fat get in the way of your happiness. You could have really big bone structure, which will already make you bigger than other people. From what I remember I was about your weight in 6th grade, and it took some time but I "evened out", I'm in no way tiny...but I feel much better about my body image now than I did then.

I.C.
If you think that you are burning up what you eat then see a Doctor. You my have a thyroid problem.

taylor
Rating
hmmm. well i am in the 9th grade adn i weigh the same amount so yes unless your muscular

gamedj1234
don't worry, most boys your age are heavy, it'll go away in a few years if you keep running and eating right. i used to be 4ft 9 and 125 pounds in 6th grade, now i'm going into 9th and i'm 5'3 and 110 pounds. most of my friends were big at that age too. when you hit a growth spirt you'll slim down.

â™  [KI3RA]â™ 
Rating
Stop eating. Try to stop being bored so much.

BabeHeart
First, we need to know your height to know if you are overweight.

Next, eating when bored is a bad thing, yes. Eat when you are hungry. Boredom eating is a common cause of people being overweight.

You don't want to "loose" weight, you want to "lose" it (loose is when your pants don't fit tight). Apparently you aren't dieting and exercising or you wouldn't be overweight (if you are...we don't know that). However, you're only about 11 yrs old and have a lot of growing left to do so I wouldn't worry much about it. You'll grow into your weight so unless you are obese (and at 115 lbs you'd have to be about 3 ft tall for that to be the case) I wouldn't stress over it...

Lulu
Well, how tall are you? You sound only a little over average, but it does all depend on the height, I would also say that you have a slow metabolism. Sorry about that. My sister does too. She is 4 10', 104. If you are a very muscly than your weight is more average. I would suggest doing fifty crunches before you go to bed each night, and eating a whole lot of carrots and cucumbers!!

Good luck!

watermelon
go on the liquid diet
it helps lose weight fast

free_mark53
Do you drink soda, if so stop.

darlene l
Rating
just slow down on fast foods and candy don't eat before you go to bed if you need to drink juice like tomato grape juice and water walk a lot or ride a bike eat four good meals and just one helping and don't snack in between drink water before you eat your meal it will make you feel full

kelc couture ♥
WHEN YOU ARE BORED THE LAST THING U SHOULD DO IS EAT! now, yes... i am going into 8th grade and you weigh about 30 more lbs. then me. just loose about 20 lbs

gr8advice
Rating
well are you strong? it could be muscle you know but other than that you could go see a doctor.

FiestyRed717
it is bad....VERY BAD....that's what is making you fat....that's what made me fat... but i stopped eating when i was bored and ate smaller portions and lost weight....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy