Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How much is a sensible amount of weight to lose in a week?
I want to lose a stone and a half by November the 1st? Is it possible? Is it healthy?...

10 points for best answer..please help?
Im currently staying at my boyfriends house for another week (ive been here for a month). His mother and sister have been eating my food:( Its kind of bothering me because i only eat certain type of ...

Why is anorexic/skinny considered attractive?
Why?! Why don't people love Kelly Brook's body more than those sticky girls. Haven't they seen her beautiful curves?! And she eats right too!

Why is size zero considered ...

Which is the best time of day for working out?
or does it matter? Also is it better to work out at the same time every day or does it not matter? I want to do what works ...

Do you find losing weight difficult?

What will happen if i don't eat anything for a long time?
i just started to not eating anything today but im going to do this for another month to see if i loose weight what will ...

I feel like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not?
I ate dinner about 2 hours ago. I have this pang in my stomach that feels like I'm hungry, but I know I'm not. I eat pretty well, I just get these cravings for food before I go to bed. What&...

I heard eating food at night IS NOT FATTENING??
Is this person right, or just high?? ...

I am 13 years old i am 5' 7 in. i weigh 95 lbs. is that okay?
People say that i am and look anerexic.
I am a major athlete, i play 5 sports all year round
I do eat, lately i havent been eating as much but, i usually eat A LOT.
I am tall for my ...

CHOCOLATE ADDiCT!! HELP!!?
i am addicted to chocolate and its so bad.. when i go without for like a week i start craaaavin it disgustingly and i get really hungry and nothing can satisfy the craving except chocolate... and i ...

How to lose 20 pounds quick!!???
okay...school is starting in a week for me and I want to lose weight quick because... I am not fat I just have a little belly that I need to get rid of quick!!! please help me!!!...

What is a good way to lose weight at home maybe besides excersing???
Please tell me something i can do to lose weight at home besides excersing please help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Do i sound over weight?
be honest!!!!

im 15 almost 16 and im
guys would you that
"5'4" and i weigh 134...

Am i overweight?

Best answer is 10points...please help?
i have a huge butt and i just want it to shrink
is there anything i can do to lose wieght off of it and pleasee dont answer if your gonna say "there isnt anything u can do to lose wieght ...

Is there a fun way of burning calories?

What is the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 2 months?
i would like to lose weight before school starts agian. and i would like for people to see a change in me. i have lost 35 before i weighed 175 and now im 140 and i would like to finish what i have ...

Is swimming laps a good way to loose weight?
30 mins. a day, or just about every day.
and not just swimming around. swimming laps, freestyle, breaststroke....

Can you really bounce if you are fat enough?

Need to lose inches but no motivation.?
I need to lose around 3 inches around my waist but I can't stick to a healthy diet without going broke and I don't have a lot of motivation to get up and exercise. Anyone have any tips on ...

Elizabeth ♥
Am I too skinny?
I'm 13 year old.
I'm 4'11 and I weigh 70 lbs.
I try to gain weight but, it's not working.
What should I do?
Thanks for the help!
I appreciate it!

Bekkah
Rating
You can check your BMI online at www.calorie-count.com, and it'll tell you if you're underweight or not. If you find you are underweight, you should talk to your doctor about what you should do to gain weight. But for now, what you can do to gain weight is eat more snacks during the day (healthy ones, you don't want to get sick or anything) and you'll want to eat bigger portions during meals. Don't worry, I'm sure you're fine; you still have time to grow into your body.

-mary; the one and only.
your body type is just small so dont worry too much, i have a friend like you. just try to eat a bit more but then maybe try to gain weight in muscle. dont eat all junk food though.

i_heart_retro
No. You are still growing. Dont make it an issue :)

Kitty, Kitty Cat
Rating
try protein shakes and light muscle excises. It's better to gain muscle weight than fat weight....and if u have a high metoblism that's good just utilize it while u still can and get into a nice routine. Since u r so young I would suggest getting a personal trainer at first to teach how to lift weights effectively and properly.

jamesiree
Rating
Why are you worrying so much? you're only 13yrs old, you're fine as you are. In time you will start to gain weight, until then, enjoy your life.

BrightEyes
Rating
that is a bit underweight, but you're 13 and are obviously not done growing yet. don't worry about it!

Rian
well your short i know a girl whose about that much if you rele worried ask a doctor

bmcbrewer
Rating
Keep doing what you are doing and eat healthy. In a few years your metabolism will slow down and you will be glad you started out a normal size. The next time you see a doctor, ask what your ideal weight should be and you will be surprised to hear that you are normal and the other girls are overweight.

You will have a better life being thin and in shape. You will get better jobs and you will get more "good attention" than the other girls that get "nasty" attention.

Jenny
Rating
yes you are very skinny but you are still young

Ashley
Rating
you are a little skinny but many people are at your age. If youre really concerned about it talk to a doctor. Even if you are trying to gain weight, eating mcdonalds all day isnt a good idea. Still eat healthy foods. Try throwing some nuts or ensure into your diet. Dont worry too much. Eventually you will grow into your body and youll probably miss being skinny years from now

JJ
Well, you probably have a body type that doesn't put on weight. I'd say don't worry about it until your a little older. If you still way too less, then see a doctor.

I AM THE BEST
Rating
If it makes you feel any better, I am a 16-year-old boy. I am 5'6" and 72 pounds.

sweetie
might just be the way your body is built

Ashley A
Your slightly small. Remember to keep exercizing and make sure your still eating right. Only eat food like peanut butter and drink whole milk instead of skim.

ellusionary
Rating
NOTHING!
Wait until you finish growing before deciding if you need to gain or lose weight. Only children who are in the extremes should be worrying about this stuff. Let yourself be a kid before you have to live with the fat/skinny issue.

nite_angelica
Rating
That is extremely thin. At your age, you may just have a fast motabolism and may just be burning it off as fast as you eat it.

If you feel you're too thin, perhaps you could talk to your parents about going to see a doctor. Perhaps he/she would be able to assist with a nutritional plan that would allow you to gain weight the way you would like, and not just put on fat.

Good luck... Wish I still had that problem. :)

Thyiade-Elf of Flaming Torches
Rating
Hey my friend is 12 and weighs 60 pounds but I don't know how tall she is.

stinger_4202
I'm not sure how much a 13 yrs.old should weigh ,but to put on weight eat your dinner before bed instead of dinner time. i put on 15 pounds that way. now i can't get rid of it.

Jason R
Rating
Yes your very skinny. Here is a site that shows you how to gain weight and still be healthy. I hope it helps

Boeafitness.com
TRY AMERICAN WHEY PROTEIN. ITS ON MY WEBSITE.
MAKE 3 SHAKES A DAY WITH ANY ICE CREAM OR JUST BLEND IT UP WITH WHOLE MILK.

DRINK IT FOR 4 WEEKS AND YOU WILL SEE THE WEIGHT ON.

I DO THIS WHEN I HAVE A BODYBUILDING COMPETITION.

FROM THE STAFF OF
http://WWW.BOEAFITNESS.COM

Jane H
Don't do anything out of normal like eat junk food, or sit around all summer to gain weight, although you are not too tall, so you are in great shape.

ozoc01
Too skinny for what , exactly??? Please do not fall in the 'is my body right' trap. Be content with who you are. You are very young, so gaining weight will not be the easiest thing to do. Weight increase will come in time. Just let it, don't force it!

Whatsername
Rating
Don't worry about your weight!!!!!!!

Steph
Don't worry. If you're 4'11 and weigh 70 pounds, that's fine. You don't want to eat too much either or else you might get diabetes or something like that.

Maria
You are slightly underweight, but you could have anything from high metabolism to the beginnings of diabetes. The best thing for you to do is speak to your doctor and parents about how to get healthy.

Rocker007
My friend is 5'2, 16 and only 75 pounds. She's doing okay, so I think you're okay... Just be careful though. She was a pole vaulter on her track team but because of her weight (and the sport itself) she is having all sorts of back problems now. I suggest trying to eat more frequent meals. You wanna gain weight? Eat a heavy dinner and go to bed right away. You probably have a high metabolism too. Don't jump around and get excited a lot. Instead practice lethargy. Hope this helps a bit!

steve44md
If you want to gain weight, just take toilet paper and rub it all over your body. That sure has helped my wife's a$$ get bigger! Stop Stop Stop .... that was a very bad joke!

Ok ... seriously, you are still growing and as long as you are eating a healthy diet, you should not worry about it right now! Your body type will change soon enough (although it may not be until your early 20's) and you will most likely not even recognize it as the same body it was. Trust me ... give it time. :)

KF
Rating
That is a question you should ask your doctor. My daughter is 10 and weighed 137 lbs and the doctor told her to lose weight. She should be for her body type and size 100 lbs. It all depends on your body but you really should see a doctor if you are concerned.

the one
maybe its ur metabolism
go to the Doc.

Trish
As long as you're eating healthy, you don't need to worry about looking thin. I've known girls who were super thin, and they weren't anorexic or anything. One of them has a baby now and her baby is tall and super thin just like her mom. The nurses were actually worried about her weight, but she looks just like her mom, so I don't think there's anything wrong, it's just genetic. And it probably is in your case too.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy