Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is 109 pounds fat for a female 5foot3?

Am i overweight?
im 5'5 and 115 and a teenager is that ...

Iam 15 years old i weigh 120 and i want to weigh 333 thats my favorite number is it safe to use steriods ...?
just want to know is it safe to use steroids or get muscles naturaly by working out and benching OR do ...

I am 13 and very overweight, please help.?
I am 13, 5'3" and 180 pounds. I gain so much weight so quickly.

In 4th grade I was 4'9 and 96 pounds.
In 5th grade I was 4'10 and 123 pounds
in 6th grade I ...

How skinny should you be to wear a bikini?
my stomach isnt the skinniest thing out there (atleast i think) i am 100 lbs and 4'10 is that skinny enough? please dont say its wether you feel comfertable or not, i want your opinion, if not ...

Why do people make fun of fat people when they are out exercising?
i was out running today, and 3 separate individuals laughed or made noises or yelled rude things, the only one i remember was "hey, why you running, "with a big laugh. it seems to me all my ...

Is it OK for a 13 year old to lift weights?
Well I am 13 years old, turning 14 soon.
I have been lifting weights for over 3 months now.
I lift 80 pounds maximum and people keep telling me to stop because I will not grow (My height is ...

Am i overweight?
I'm 5'7 and 164 pounds. Don't answer this rudely. If you planned on it, sorry to ruin it for you. I'm just wondering how chubby i am. cuz i think i am - my friends say im not. are ...

Do guys just like skinny girls?
I'm not fat but I'm not skinny either I'm 13 and I'm worried that guys only like skinny girls because in mags they say that is it true?...

Should fat kids sleep?

I am a 14 year old female..weigh 117 adn i am like 5 ft.....am i overweight?

POLL- If I don't eat for a week, how much would i loose?
I am 13. I am 5"2, and I weigh 116.5 pounds..ahh
I am a gymnast, and I workout 4 hours a day. I do have a lot of muscle but 116.5 pounds is A LOT. If I don't eat for 1 week, how much ...

Am I anorexic???
I'm 14 and have problems with my weight. I'm 5'3" (156 cm) and I'm 84 pounds (6 stone 39 kg) Does this mean I'm fat??? I really want to loose some weight and I can'...

A sensible choice for snacking before bed?
I always get really hungry before I go to bed I know that eating late is the worst time and makes you gain weight easily overnight. Im getting tired of eating fruit and yoghurt. Are there any other ...

Is drinking coffee safe for teenagers?
i heard that drinking coffee will stunt a teenager's growth but is that true and i mean teenagers age 13-19....

How do I stop eating?
Like, I want to see what it's like to not eat anything for a few days, but I don't know how to explain it to my mom and how to actually get the willpower to do it......

I am 14 and am 5'7.5 and weigh 135, is this average or underweight or what?haha?

Made fun of for being skinny?
i know im skinny...i just turned 13 in november..and i weigh 78 lbs..im 4'11? my friends and people call me anorexic or whatever and they dont know how it hurts and i barely ever make fun of the ...

How did YOU quit smoking once and for all?
It's been five days, and I'm down to three cigs a day now. But my head is hurting, and I'm very moody. Can you guys share your experiences, and little tricks that worked for you, as ...

Am I over weight?
Im 13 and im 5'3-5'4. i weigh 120-130 lbs....

Erin W
Am I overweight?
well, today I went onto my scale I am apparently 146 pounds. and I am 5'3''ish to 5'4'' I have been really depressed lately.
I think I am fat and think that I am ugly every day.
please no sarcastic advice.
= [
I feel like I am about to cry.
Additional Details
thank you for your answers!!! you are kind considerate people!

laurabird
Rating
no you are fine. You can tone up a little, eat healthier but you are not fat.

punk.knots
Rating
:O
Don't.
Umm...
You know depression can be cured with exersice ?
seriously no pun intended or anything.
If you feel unhealthy then do something aboiut it.
When you want to eat something ask yourself if its kuz you wantto or kuz your hungry that's the main problem people have.
If your not hungry then dont eat,buy gum or something and chew that ************.
Otherwise I dont really know if you're overweight but yeah.
And you also have to rmr that when you weigh yourself it includes your bones and intestines so when it comes down to it weight never actually matters.

newagejobs2
Rating
Your perfectly fine don't let it get to you. Theres always medicine for depression. your overreacting don't worry about it.

Bekah
146 is definetely not THAT much overweight. You should not be thinking that you are fat and ugly, because i'm sure its not true. You need to stare at yourself in the mirror and say every single thing that you like about yourself. Thats what I do. I really like my ankles and wrists. I like my face too. Just do that. It always makes me feel better

KEV B
If you think you are overweight,its quite simple,to lose 1 pound of weight a week you need to lose 3500 calories a week,this does sound a lot ,but divided into 7 days its only 500 calories a day,this can be done by simply cutting out a little food, or exercising a little a day ie taking dog for an extra walk.oh by the way all humans are beautiful in there own special way hope this helps chin up

heyhey123
dont put your self down like that, it will only make it worse.

sure, you might not be that 95lb track star, but your not that over weight. 146 is not that bad, alot of people are way over that.

if you can live with your self, and be okay with who you are. Other people will love you for who you are also. I know its hard, but you have got to not put your self down, and live life.

i dont know how old you are, but people will take you for who you are when you can live with your self.

Yami
Rating
you can use the BMI to figure out if your over weight.
but i have the same problem u do.
im 6'3 and weight 165lbs and i feel im overweight cause i can see my stomach pop out. lol.

to find out your bmi use this formula:

BMI=weight (pounds)x 703/(height in inches) squared. so it would be

BMI=146x703/64^2
BMI= 102638/4096
BMI= 25.05

for girls, if ur under about 26BMI, you should be fine. your not overweight, your just about perfect
if ur 22-16, its desirable
if ur 15 or lower, ur anerixic.
if 26 or higher, ur overweight.

for guys
23 or higher is over weight
22 fine
21-16 desirable
15 and lower, anerixic

You are fine. your perfect. your just the perfect weight. u probly just hae anexica nervousa, which is just a fear of overweight.
I have it,.
if you wanna lose weight, watch what you eat, and excersise about 60 minutes a day at least 5 days a week, and it will speed up ur metabolism which will kill that unwanted fat.

But your perfect, and we all love you for that, even if we dont know you

smiletoexit
Rating
You might be a bit overweight because you've been depressed, but it depends for each person because muscle weighs a lot more than fat...

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/thought/fat_thin.html
http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/obesity/l/bl_amifat_rslts.htm <- I think that one's the best, but you can pick from any of them

it'll be okay. You can always come out of it and eat a lot healthier... really. It'll be okay. :]

nirali_94
no...if you have a bf and he thinks your hot then no, but if you feel you need to lose 2-3 pounds till you're in your comfort zone then go ahead and start exercising a little. but if you feel you may have a eating disorder(anorexia, bulimia) get professional help.muscle weighs more than fat...keep that in mind.

dano
no well one way to make you feel good is get rid of high fructose corn syrup its in everything but plain water so get some plaiin water eat a smaller breakfast/dinner and ull feel better about urself

moonsister_98
May I recommend a good book for you?
Feelings Buried Alive Never Die by Karol K. Truman
Good luck honey!

LeavingTheGrid
Rating
If your weight is preventing you from enjoying yourself ... keeping you from exercise or travel or other recreation ... then you might have a problem ABOUT weight that you should address. If people are rejecting you because you're 146 pounds and 5'3", it's because they are not really your friends.

Find an activity that you enjoy that makes you breathe heavy. Play tennis with a friend, walk with a friend, hike with a sibling, swim ... whatever ... but pick something you enjoy (or several things) and make yourself breathe heavy once a day for a half hour.

Then ... and this is really simple ... on every order of food at any restaurant ... take the order, cut it in half, eat half and take the other half home or give it to a dinner partner. And drink tea at meals. It's that easy.

the pug
Rating
your not 'fat' but your on the path to get there...since you plumpish right now, you do have options to turn things around...why dont you go excercise hardcore...you know it releases serotonin and dopamin which make you feel better.

Kimbo Bimbo
Rating
Do your clothes fit differently? You cannot always trust the scale. Muscle weighs more than fat. If you think you are gaining weight and want to lose weight try eating differently. Eat less and eat every three hours. Try stocking up on raw veggies, almonds, egg whites, low carb breads, lite yogurt, etc. If you want to start working out you dont have to get a gym membership, although I would recommend it. There are a lot of really fun classes at the gym and they are free! If you want to work out at home I would suggest picking up a shape or muscle and fitness magazine. The magazines have workout routines that you can do in your living room. I think that 146 is a healthy weight. But if you feel depressed about it, get active. It is proven that working out helps releave stress and depression. Good Luck!

raycatng
Looks are superficial and only skin deep. Focus on WHO you are, not what you look like. I have met women that are 250#'s that are happy with their body and ones that way 90#'s and unhappy with their body. Happiness comes from within. I am sure you much prettier then you think you are. Send me some pictures and I will give you my honest opinion.

Travis P
Rating
no you are not fat. you are probably a very attractive woman who is just insecure with herself. it is probably due to the men that you have dated in the past or something in your past that has made you feel this way. so cheer up find you a decent man/woman who treats you the way you deserve to be treated and realize you are probably a beautiful woman. i don't know what you look like so i can't in good faith say you are beautiful but i can tell you that you are not overweight. I gather though from you over sensetivity that you are probably gorgeous. so cheer up and good luck to you. :)

+MiStY+
Rating
Awww, I'm so sorry...don't cry! :-( God made u the way u r. You should feel honored and special! You're not fat either, but if you feel uncomfortable at 146 lb. then do a sport or eat healthier. But in my opinion your not fat! Lots are people are that weight and height. I hope you feel happier!
~God bless~

Party angel
im goin to assume you're a girl. you're not fat you're actually pretty average. people i know used to feel like that because the people around them were skinny, but the people around you are proably just underweight, you are NOT overweight. you're pretty healthy actually

That girl
Sweetie, thats not overweight believe me. Id be worrying when Im 5'1'' and weigh 215-220 and only eighth grade. That is overweight. Dont worry even if you do think your fat find something else to love about you. Eveybody has a million or so good qualities; just find one that makes you happy and think about it.

Big G
Rating
u sound good, unlike me

Nicole
Rating
add bottled water to your diet. i use it to cut out snacking periodically throughout the day.. most of the time i think i'm hungry but really i'm not, so the bottled water is kind of how i trick myself into thinking i had a snack.

Bye for now...
Rating
First off, let me say that I adore curvy women! (And so do a lot of other men...).

Having said that I also get that you don't look the way you want to look. I understand. We all have something about our self that we would like to change - that is completely normal.

If you are going to change the way your body looks, OK, but make sure you do it in a way that is healthy for you. If you're gonna lose weight, lose a little at a time.

A good way to lose is by avoiding simple carbs (sugars) in foods like breads, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. Go instead for proteins and vegetables and fruits. Stay away from junk food most of the time (just eat them every now and then, so you don't feel deprived).

Another good trick is to eat your big meal in the morning, your next smallest meal at lunch, and then the smallest of the day in the evening (so that you don't eat up a bunch of calories just before sleep).

Something else to remember: Be nice to yourself! Be at least as nice to yourself as you would be to one of your friends that thought she was a couple of pounds overweight... you're a good person and you deserve to go easy on yourself.

And did I mention that I adore curvy women?

hazeizgod
ur not fat....but ur not exactly healthy, either. u should be around the 135 range for that height.( google it.) but honestly, if ur proportioned right, u probably look fine.And Fazizzle is right, muscle DOES weigh more than fat. but being depressed will only make u gain more. if u dont love ur body or urself, no one else will either. so keep ur head up and just drink more water and no soda. only buy healthy foods to snack on (crackers, ect.) and walk more. trust me, it worked for me! DO NOT BE DEPRESSED! some people's lives are worse than your own! dont let it get u down and soon enuff, youll be right where u want to be! and when ur happier, it will show and everyone else will see that , too! :)

ASPCAcares.
Rating
no!! dont be that way!!!! have more self confidence!!!!!! just exercise. and no your not fat.

beautynerd
Actually, you are the perfect weight, for your height that is. If you were to check any health chart comparing height and weight, you'd find that for your height you are in the healthy zone, so don't stress about it okay? I'm sure you're just lovely. Hope I helped!

p.s. Try to be a little more self confident.

Blondie..x
Rating
Okay, technically you're overweight, but only a little bit. Your bmi is between 25.9 and 25.1 (you didn't state the excact height). The normal guidelines are a bmi of between 18.5 and 24.9. All you need to lose is about 10 pounds and then you will be a totally normal weight. Make sure you eat a well balanced diet and do plenty of exercise.

Swimming is the best exercise you can do because it eercises every muscle in your body, so try to go at elast once a week for about an hour or two, and you will see the difference. Try joining more clubs at school. Trampolining is also a brilliant sport when you are trying to lose weight.

Here are some tips that helped me to lose weight. My bmi used to be 24.6 and now it is down to 21.7!

*Drink LOADS of water. No, don't drink, GUZZLE. Not only is it really good and flushes toxins outta your system, but if you drink enough it kinda tricks your brain into thinking you're not hungry. Make sure you're getting at least 2 litres a day!

*Don't eat when you're hungry, because if you do, you tend to overeat (the brain takes 20 mins to realise that it's full so if you eat until you feel full you will regret it later) so have a set kinda schedule to eat - why not use your school routine like the times when you have break and lunch and stuff.

*Drink herbal tea. Actresses like Eva Longoria drink this a lot because it tricks the brain into thinking it's full (and it's more effective than the water thing) and so they don't need to eat as much.

*Walk instead of driving. If you can't walk, cycle. If you can't cycle, keep moving your feet around in the car.

*Get up 10 minutes earlier everyday, turn on the CD Player and dance like a total LOON, it's the best time of the day to exercise because it gets your metabolism going faster.

*Have a good breakfast EVERY morning, it also gets your metabolism going faster.

*If you're a crisp/potato chip addict, confuse your brain by having an apple. The crunchiness makess your brain think that you're eating crisps/potato chips.

*Try diabetic chocolate - it doesn't have as much sugar and fat and stuff in.

*Satisfy your chocolate craving by eating sugary fruits - this type of sugar is good for you in moderation.

*Swap fizzy drinks for pure fruit juices.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the weight loss, but don't go crazy xo

P.S. I don't really know about metabolism, but I know it's good if it's quite fast.

P.P.S. I'm sure you're absolutely beautiful just the way you are.

P.P.P.S. Email me if you want some advice, need some support or just want to talk!

Bubba13
absolutely NOT. you look pretty normal to me. You do only look as good as you think you do. Take another look in the mirror and love the way YOU look, not the way people tell you how you look.

brasthatfit
First off, by asking you have shown that you have an inner beauty--you know you need help and are reaching out for it. You are not ugly. You are depressed. You need more help than yahoo can give so please talk to a trusted adult (relative or friend), teacher, minister. Tell them exactly what you said in your question. They can get you help, first off you may need some body image counseling to help you see yourself as others see you. Realistically, you may be a bit heavier than you would prefer to be but, you can choose to eat in a way that will change your body without hurting your health and it is a slow process. You need the help of a doctor and or a nutritionist as well as the adults in your life. I will keep you in my thoughts. Please get help. Peace

additude
You may be slightly over weight. but you're not enourmous, and I'm sure you're not ugly!! Commit to an excersize routine, even if it's just walking. Do it every day, and watch what you eat. Losing weight is not rocket science, just common sense. Good luck!

queenbtch3000
Rating
OMG! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I am 5'2 and hit my smallest at 141 and my husband accused me of being disgusting. My collar bones stuck out, lost all of my hips and breasts, etc. (He's a really good boost of self confindence) Since then I'm not allowed to get under 150. Food for thought...I think you sound perfect

FaZizzle
Step away from the scale!

How does a number justify who you are as a human being? Does being 146 make you any less of a person? Of course not!!

Are you overweight? It's hard to say--what is your muscle mass? Are you muscular?

Don't let weight determine your beauty. That's not how it should go. You are beautiful regardless of what number the scale reads--you would be no more beautiful at 105 as you would be at 146.

You know what you need? You need a girl's night. You need to get your hair done, maybe a pedicure and/or manicure, and some good friends with whom you could just goof around!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, February 5, 2015
Terms of use - Privacy Policy