Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I need to lose weight!!?
i am 5ft 4and weigh 148lbs. just a year ago i weighed 110lbs, but so much stress and unfortunate events have turned me into an emotional eater. i really need to stop gaining and get healthy and fit ...

Does anybody know an easy way to lose weight?
not that i'm fat or anything but i juss need to kno okay maybe i am a lil but i need a summer bod asap!...

How do you get rid of sweet cravings??

Additional Details
i dont buy the sweets- my family eats really unhealthy so sweets and junk are always around me. sometimes it gets ...

Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. ...

Im 12 and need to loose weight?
wat pills could i take LEGALLY take to gain muscle and loose wait look at this page

http://www.trinibusiness Details
i weigh 275...

Yesterday i ran a marathon on a treadmill totally naked, and barefoot. now my feet hurt. what do i do?

I'm 5'10 and I weigh 145 lbs. is that fat??
What weight would be good??
Additional Details
My body is all proportioned but i have really long legs ...

Does thinking burn calories?
i've been wondering, does thought burn calories?...

How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate ...

Im really short.?
Ok so im really short.
14 years old and 5'0
does drinkimg milk work?
if it does
how many cups do i need to drink in a day?...

Am I wayy to skinny.????
I am 12 years old and I read another question & it said to check your BMI & it said that normal was 18.5-24.9 but I am 13.6 woaahhhh rightt!!!!...

Losing weight by not eating?
If I stop eating for about 3 weeks or 2. How much weight will I lose?...

Whats a good lunch for someone on a diet?
hmmmm??...

How tall r u?

Additional Details
just askin cos im only 4'9'' just wanted to know if there are any of u out there ...

3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much ...

People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow ...

Poll:What Size Clothes Are You?
Aloha :D
I was just wondering what size clothes you are!
Also what Country you live in and how old you are..
Just Want To See Random Results lol

Also with the size i only ...

Ok importanttt!!!!!!10points...
how much weight can i lose in 4days with out eating?!!!
Additional Details
i am 16 and i want to get buzzed at a party or drunk, at one that i am having!!!...

Im 15 and i want 2 lost weight. I weight 215 and i have been taking diet pills for about 4 days.?
Is it going to help me or ...

Why is america so overweight?

Smileys are so expressive (:
Am I Fat, Be Honest?
I'm 13, I'm 5' 0
& I weigh 117-118.

I feel fat, any suggestions to be 100 lbs? thank you!! :)
Additional Details
Janessa and Liz stop w/ the chain letters, so stupid >_<

mark a
nope, if you calculate your BMI you will see you are normal weight

Em
No that's like perfect. Maybe a few pounds would be healthy, but not as low as 100. I'd say down to 114 or something.

RockBotheRepublican
no

Anthony C
i wouldnt say you are fat, i also dont think you need to go all the way down to 100lbs. 105-110 is more then fine. you dont need to be a stick. but you can exercise consistently. do a half hour or some sort of cardio exercise daily, build up at first. take it from there. just stay active and eat right. dont eat nothing, just eat the right things.

also, a ltitle known fact- eating less then the body should get buts the body into a natural stavation mode which forces the body to store fat. it does this as a natural reaction to not getting food in the system, it then stores fat so you can last longer as a survival tool.

also many studies have found that it is god to eat more meals in smaller portions. eat about 4 or 5 small meals a day, rather then ur typical breakfast lunch and diner where u may be eating too much. include fruits and vegstables in every meal. certain nuts such as almonds are very good for you and i think also taste good, and are good to snack on. as far as drinks are concerned ..water, 100% fruit juice, all good stuff.

ps- girls worry too much about their weight, just go out and have fun. life isnt about being thin, its about having a good time while stayin true to yourself and others. if its over a guy find some1 who will like you for you and not your size, if its a girl makin fun give her a nice crack in the face for me.

rissr_92
Rating
hell no

i am inquisitive
play tennis and ddr to lose weight
your not that fat

George R
Rating
umm its hard to really define how fat you are from your weight. there are so many factors that decide what a healthy weight is-muscle, build etc. im 6'2 and 197 pounds and very tall and narrow and am higher than my so-called "healthy weight"-and this is actually comical because i dont have an ounce of fat on me!!! my suggestion is that if you feel fat, clean up your diet (although you are 13 so dont be afraid to have a candy bar here or some chips there, you have to still be a kid), and find some sort of excersize that you like doing-it doesnt seem like a chore if you love to do it. also remember that your still growing and part of growing up is putting on a little weight here and there for your growth spurts.

P&&C
Rating
your ONLY 13 and your still growing. and thats not fat at all. you still have some years of puberty left and you'll grow into your weight, ur normal.

what?
no because i weigh 130 thats bad so your all good

Idiot Canadian
Normal weight for a 13 year old is 80-150 pounds, you are near the 50th percentile for height, so a normal weight for you would be 100-110 pounds based on the growth charts. Puberty tends to make most people grow taller with less weight gain, so you may soon start to get taller and thinner. If you are concerned about being to heavy, daily exercise, running, soccer, bicycling, swimming, aerobics, tennis, basketball, etc. will burn calories and help you lose weight. Also, eliminating junk food, cabohydrates, and a high fat diet will also help. Eating more fruits and vegetables along with drinking water instead of soda pop, and eating lean no fried meat will also help you adust your weight downward. If you are concerned about being to thin, especially if you are bullemic or anorexic, talk to your parents or a counsellor at school so they can get you help as soon as possible.

jOnAs bRoThErS ROCK!!!
Rating
i tink ur fine.ur not fat n thts honest.ur normal so dnt wry abt it

Reenie
Rating
I'm a couple inches taller than you, and I weigh 115. I feel fat, personally. It depends how you carry your weight. I look kind of bulky and could do with losing some. I wanna be 100 too.

Just cut a few hundred calories out of your diet, and exercise an hour a day, you'll see a big difference, and you won't be underweight at 100.

Kelly G
no, i was even shorter then you and was 115, and there was no way i was ever going to loose any weight unless i went anorexic. you are perfectly fine, especially since your getting to the time where your growing and hitting puberty.

Genycapp
Rating
no your fine plus your growing so you need the extra weight

Nathan G
Not really, I have some friend that are like you but if you want to lose weight, try eating some healthy stuff and all, but you could also have heavy bones like me.

Kissle
Rating
Its hard to say with just numbers.. I mean, someone would have to look at you. Its possible for a person to have dense, heavy bones, and then there are people that work out- they are always heavier due to muscle being heavier than fat.

Have a look on a Body Mass Index calculator. Worry about being within that range.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

According to the calculator, you are within a normal weight range.

PwincessSofi
Rating
Well, I am 13, 5 3" and weigh 119 and I look a bit chubby, but I suppose it depends on your proportions.

Maybe lose a few pounds if you want, but not too much...x

kylie2222
Rating
You have nothing to worry about. I'm 14 and i feel the same way. Some days i feel fat, some days i feel skinny. My mom is an R.N. and she told me that 100 lbs. is the average weight for a 13 year old at the LOWEST. And remember one iportant thing muscle weighs more than fat.

jdacms3
Rating
First off, you need to be worried about muscle compared to body fat. Muscle weighs a lot more then fat and if you are active then this could be why you weigh in more on a scale. Don't obess with weight. Being healthly is much more important then the numbers in your weight. If you want to thin down then try and eat more fruits, yougurt and healthly snacks throughout the day and eat more frequently and smaller meals. Also, doing carido will help burn fat. I would recommend doing about 30 minutes a day of carido that gets your heart rate up. Good luck!!

Brittany R
Rating
Girl u better quit. I already know ur about a size 5. U are the perfect size. In real life no man is gonna care about ur size anyways...at least no one that really likes u for u. And the other people that do...really u dont need them in ur life. They're just here to bring u down...HATERS!!!

casanova
Rating
Your not fat at all. Don"t try to be 100 Ibs either, keep at the paste your at.

SillyBrittny.
Rating
Your fine!
Your going to start growing soon and the taller you get the skinnier you will be. Its best now so when you get taller you wont be like scarey skinny!
Your too young for diets. !
Your fine!

♥

cutebastardette
I wish I thought about my body at 13, it would've saved me from a lot of issues later on in life. Anyway, just a piece of advice from a former chubby kid.... Weight is irrelevant and here's why... Each person carries body weight differently and has a different body frame. Not to mention that muscle weighs more than fat so that's also a factor. Since you're 13, I would'nt worry too much about weight. You should get a head start on a healthy eating regimen and exercise though. I eat 6 small meals a day and work out 6 days a week (3 days cardio, 3 days weights). Google "body for life" and read up on the program.

Hoosier Daddy
Rating
You are not fat. This is medically provable by calculating your body mass index. On the other hand, you might be neurotic and obsessed with the fear of being fat, but that's a psychological issue.

chobalobba
no, you are not fat, and your too young to be worrying about your weight.

kara r
no way are you fat! im 13 too im like 130 so dont feel bad i know im over weight but its not obese and neither are you!

Swirly M
Rating
Fat is not a feeling. Do you feel sad or lonely or something? You sound at a healthy weight to me.

lovelyabc
you are not fat...i think ur healthy for your height and weight...specially your age...so no diets for you...

Amberly
being too skinny is NOT cute. you should maintain your current weight

Cindy G
Rating
You have a healthyy BMI score, according to your height, weight, and age (See the link provided below). Your body is going through many changes at this time, and you don't need to be concerned about your weight at the moment. Many girls are just not built like the supermodels and TV stars that we see everywhere, and many girls would be putting themselves in serious danger to be that size.

If you do want to feel healthier, I suggest eating when you are hungry, but choosing healthier foods. Also ask your parents to keep plenty of fruits and veggies around so that you can have healthy options for snacking. You can also try to find activities to do with your friends that are fun and burn calories (walking, jogging, swimming, and playing sports.)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy