Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How skinny should you be to wear a bikini?
my stomach isnt the skinniest thing out there (atleast i think) i am 100 lbs and 4'10 is that skinny enough? please dont say its wether you feel comfertable or not, i want your opinion, if not ...

Why do people make fun of fat people when they are out exercising?
i was out running today, and 3 separate individuals laughed or made noises or yelled rude things, the only one i remember was "hey, why you running, "with a big laugh. it seems to me all my ...

Is it OK for a 13 year old to lift weights?
Well I am 13 years old, turning 14 soon.
I have been lifting weights for over 3 months now.
I lift 80 pounds maximum and people keep telling me to stop because I will not grow (My height is ...

Am i overweight?
I'm 5'7 and 164 pounds. Don't answer this rudely. If you planned on it, sorry to ruin it for you. I'm just wondering how chubby i am. cuz i think i am - my friends say im not. are ...

Do guys just like skinny girls?
I'm not fat but I'm not skinny either I'm 13 and I'm worried that guys only like skinny girls because in mags they say that is it true?...

Should fat kids sleep?

I am a 14 year old female..weigh 117 adn i am like 5 ft.....am i overweight?

POLL- If I don't eat for a week, how much would i loose?
I am 13. I am 5"2, and I weigh 116.5 pounds..ahh
I am a gymnast, and I workout 4 hours a day. I do have a lot of muscle but 116.5 pounds is A LOT. If I don't eat for 1 week, how much ...

Am I anorexic???
I'm 14 and have problems with my weight. I'm 5'3" (156 cm) and I'm 84 pounds (6 stone 39 kg) Does this mean I'm fat??? I really want to loose some weight and I can'...

A sensible choice for snacking before bed?
I always get really hungry before I go to bed I know that eating late is the worst time and makes you gain weight easily overnight. Im getting tired of eating fruit and yoghurt. Are there any other ...

Is drinking coffee safe for teenagers?
i heard that drinking coffee will stunt a teenager's growth but is that true and i mean teenagers age 13-19....

How do I stop eating?
Like, I want to see what it's like to not eat anything for a few days, but I don't know how to explain it to my mom and how to actually get the willpower to do it......

I am 14 and am 5'7.5 and weigh 135, is this average or underweight or what?haha?

Made fun of for being skinny?
i know im skinny...i just turned 13 in november..and i weigh 78 lbs..im 4'11? my friends and people call me anorexic or whatever and they dont know how it hurts and i barely ever make fun of the ...

How did YOU quit smoking once and for all?
It's been five days, and I'm down to three cigs a day now. But my head is hurting, and I'm very moody. Can you guys share your experiences, and little tricks that worked for you, as ...

Am I over weight?
Im 13 and im 5'3-5'4. i weigh 120-130 lbs....

How much should i weigh?
I am 14 years old and i am 5 2
right now i am currently 99 ...

If I have my dinner at 8:30 pm will I get fat?

Starving to lose some weight....?
Advice if starving to lose weight works?

Well I've never been happy with my size - ever...
i've reached the point in my life where i'm not liking 'me"!
i&...

What are some good ways to make yourself get up early! say like 6:00 or 7:00?
i have to get up early to run 4-5 miles because i'm on the crosscountry team but i can't get up an earlier then 8 or 9!!! how do i wake up that early!!! (besides an alarm clock! i already ...

Ashley R
Am I FAT? i thimk i am a cow! b honest!?
hi, im 5"6' and my weight is 140. i am 13 yrs old. like all my frnds are 120,but htey r shorer than me. i am extremely involved in sports. i exersise alot. plz help me!!!!!

The Couger
Thats not bad. I know people who are 5'1, 200 lbs.

germanybound
Rating
you're only 13! you're fine... your body is growing and changing, and it's still trying to figure itself out! Have you gone to your teenage physical yet? If not, go, and ask the doctor about it... they will give you some good information and possibly advice :) good luck

iDance
Rating
Nope you are perfect!

Adairr
For your height, I think that is an appropriate weight for you.

On the BMI chart, you are in the normal zone.

Noelle
Rating
Well your even taller than me and I am 18 haha. Personally I don't think you're a cow considering that you are involved in sports and exercise, which is good. Not everyone can be as skinny as a rail and personally i wouldn't want to be. I think you just have to be comfortable in your own skin, so to speak even though your probably going through some changes now because you're only 13. But don't worry about it, as long as you feel good about your body and feel all around good in your body you will be fine. Trust me.

jb
Rating
if you exercise alot im guessing you have more muscle than fat- and we all know muscle weighs more. you're more than fine.

Jacob P
Are you muscular? if so your not fat. try this, grab you stomach and if you just grabbed a good 3" of flab then your fat.

rosarioskittle8
it is very healthy. you can go to http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

just put your height and weight and it tells if you are healthy or not. and you my friend are totally healthy.

Rick S
Forget the fat, think of BMI, which stands for Body-Mass Index. If you are athletic you will naturally have more muscle mass than your friends. Muscles weigh more than fat, so you will actually weigh more than your friends at the same time as you look better and healthier than they do. It's not how much you weigh that matters, it's how much % of body fat you have. Anything below 25% is excellent!

At 5'6", a 140 pounds of muscle sounds pretty attractive to me.

push enter_
Maybe it's muscle.

Amii ..x
Rating
okk well dont go putting yourself down if ur happii den thats all that matters * x

amoonlitdawn
Rating
no you're not fat, you're at the right size, no worries

farmkids1@verizon.net
Rating
you dont sound fat to me because ure tall im 13 im 5"8' and i weigh 175 pounds but im not very fat

xTheseGreenEyesCryx
i think your fine. be confident in who you are. i spent a lot of time in my life hating myself and it was such a waste of time in the long run. LOVE WHO YOU ARE AND HOW YOU ARE, bc no one else is like you. be proud of that. staying involved in sports is a great way to keep in shape. stay in them through the rest of your school years and even once you someday grad from HS. bc in the end, you will realize just how in shape these activities kept you! trsutttt me.

VANE RULES
Rating
no i dont think your fat well you see you are pretty tall and you do work out alot so that means your getting plenty of muscles you know and they do weigh.

cookie monster
since u r so involved in sports it might just be muscle

UnbeLievabLeS0ciaLbUtterfLy
Rating
i don't think so

₥∅₭Î?₅ỉ$
Rating
I'm 5"6' and I'm 125 and considered average if you want to lose weight you could aim for that, im really happy with my weight
try eating more fruits and veggies and watch the amount that you eat keep your meals balanced and if you are hungry in between meals snack on fruits or vegetables, if you are really motivated try counting calories and keep it at a healthy level but always eat balanced
good luck

kiki_willis
Rating
No you're not fat, I dont think so.

Nicholle
Rating
sounds like you are healthy. According to my doctor, I am 5"4' and should weigh 140, so I'm sure if you are 5"6' you are fine.

You are an athlete so most of your weight is or should be muscle mass, and you probably have a healthy bone density as well from exercising.

As long as you do not have "rolls", or flab, you are probably ok.

Stay active and keep your muscles toned up and you will be fine.

angelaxfruit
Rating
No, stop worrying and being so harsh on yourself.

whatlifebrings
no... its pretty okay. since ur taller

Karina D
Your tall!!!!
Oh my god!
It could be your hight and muscels defentley

Erica
No you're not. Stop stressing.

LittleLadee
Rating
you sounds built, not fat.
muscle weighs more than fat my dear.
plus you are tall.
trust me, you are living VERY well, and VERY healthy! :)
keep it up!

ROB ROXXS MY WORLD
Rating
nope your not fat
you might way weigh the way you do because of the muscle
since u said u work out a lot

Debbie S
Rating
your good trust me in 5'3 and weight 190 so ima cow mooooooooooooooooo alright i wish i was i 40!!! be happy your not 120 and have curves not mountains like others and plus be happy you dont have a eating disorder

nickjfan13
Rating
i think u sound healthy being skinny and being healthy r 2 different things but no i don't think ur fat

Rating
You aren't fat, honey. You are a healthy weight. Plus, don't worry too much about what others look like. Everyone is different.

Cat
No - you are not fat. I have 5'6" and weight 140 and I am not fat. I am a runner and in great shape.

Just believe~`~
Go here:

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

this will calculate the right weight for your height.

Hope this helps :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.424
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy