Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

The way my friends deal with me having diabeties?
i was recently diagnosed in feb so i had to tell friends and my job and such about it. now they treat me like a little kid. im making such and such for dinner and then they will come back with can ...

Newly Diagnosed Diabetic....Where should I start?
I was diagnosed two weeks ago and have started medication, I am overweight, but I also have a strong family history of diabetes both on my mother's and father's side.

I am ...

Can you withhold food and water from a sick person? One NOT in a coma?

My husband has juvenile diabetes and?
sometimes when his blood glucose gets low, his mouth freezes up, he can't talk, his lips get all weird and hesays he feels weird....does this happen to anyone else?
Additional Details<...

Is it more dangerous for diabetics to eat too much or too little?

Is it possbile that diatbetes can be cured COMPLETELY?
By medicine, by prevention or by any other method?...

How do you explain somebody how low blood sugar feels?

Carbs and diabeties?
How many carbs are you allowed to consume a day on a diabetic diet ?...

Blood sugar (please suggest something to lower it)?
ever since I was diagnosed when I was twelve my blood sugar has rarely seen below 450 unless i was in the hospital. I do what the doctor asks me, I work out but I don't know if it counts as ...

How do you know that you may have diabetes? What are the symptoms?
am a 28 years old woman!...

First day of insulin.... no results?
I just started insulin today......and my blood sugars seem as high as before...will i see results right away or will it take a few days?...

How Much Pounds Will I use In A Week iif ii Just Drink Water.???

Do I have diabetes OR do I have some other disease?
Ok this is how I feel. I get too much leg cramping, dizziness, thirst, and get too tired after I slept for 8 or 10 HOURS A DAY!? Sometimes late at night when I work I sometimes start to lose eye ...

Diabetes Diet?
Does anyone know a website or know personally of a diet that a doctor would put you on if you have or were close to having diabetes? I need to eat healthier and I think that type of diet would help. ...

Diabetic birthday cake recipes?
I am looking for ideas for a diabetic birthday cake. Any ideas? My birthday is in Oct. so searching for recipes or where to by something low in sugar.

Thanks....

What will happen if you are diabetic and..............?
i know a friend who has type 1 diabetes and she is skiping her shots in the evening and overdosing in the morning to cover for what she has missed at night and i knw they call that "diabulimia&...

What kinds of food can I eat to lower my blood sugar levels?
Any recipes? recommendations or anything? And oh yeah I'm 19 and I just found out my sugar level is at 126. Is that too high?...

Does anyone know what it means if a diabetic person's feet swell?
They do a lot of standing because of their job (several hours). They are older then 60. Thanks....

Ok diabetes on a 15 year old...not sure if i have it.. please help me out?
im seeing a doctor tomorrow and i just want to know if i have it...im 15 have told my parents and i experience blurred vision excessive urination ive been extremely hungy and thirsty... i drink up to ...

I have a daughter who is 12.Last week she passed out on me two times in two days.?
I got worried and took her to the ER they said it was fine and she probably had a virus. I had to take her the next again because she fainted on me again the other doctor said hypoglycemia.Her sugar ...

Re1ynxus
Why do diabetics generally have short tempers?

Drinda C
Rating
Yes I would say they are usually very short ~ Im not sure why ~ but from my experience ~ they are!

Grand pa
I am calm..

NickG
cause we have low blood sugar -- it makes you all pissy and horns start growing, you grow an extra row of sharp teeth, you eyes turn red, and another comes out of your forehead; then your skin turns green and you eat people who are named tiffany

RT
Rating
High or low you tend to feel crappy and want to be left alone. It can to some extent be controlled with diet. Look up the norms on blood suggar readings. I take a bit of sugar if below norm and protien if above norm high.

xox_bass_player_xox
Lots of people of all types have short tempers. I'm not sure where you came up with that.

tinyonesmom
Rating
I am a type 1 diabetic, and I notice I get very cranky when my blood sugar is above 300. My husband always says check your sugar when I snap at him and almost always it is elevated.

Stephanie
Rating
blood sugar levels will have an effect mentally because that is how quick a blood sugar can raise, or the opposite go too low.

back in the 30's and 40's folks who actually had diabetes ended up in mental institutions because of the uncertain mental manic type episodes they would have-this was before they knew the connection.

many folks who have diabetes also have blood pressure issues as well which will double the chance of an outburst.

emt_me911
Diabetics in general don't have bad tempers, per se.

This is what does happen...when a diabetic's sugar drops too low, it affects the person's mental status. Many diabetics in hypoglycemia can be totally, completely, utterly obnoxious. Low sugar affects people differently. Some people seem drunk. Others get mean. I am one of the ones who can get mean. One time...and I don't remember this at all...I had an insulin reaction where 911 needed to be called. As they were giving me glucose and I was coming out of it, I cussed out the paramedics...ripped them up one side and down the other...for no other reason except for being hypoglycemic.

If you are around a diabetic and they are acting strangely, get them to check their sugar. Chances are that they are running low.

lovely
Rating
Well lets see...

1. They get poked at least 2-3 times daily to check their BSL
2. Then they get poked when giving theirselves isulin
3. They can't have all those goodies they use to have.
4. They get really tired when their BSL is too high or too low.
5. They will live with the disease for the rest of their lives.

Does this answer your question????

R
Rating
That is a gross generlization. My father grand mother, wife are all diabetic and they are the calmest people i know. My father espcially it takes so much to get him upset. There is nothing about diabetics that make someone have a short temper that is their personality

mlgable
Rating
No they don't. If you notice mood changes in a diabetic they may be having low blood sugar.

rizkof
Rating
it may have something to do with their blood glucose levels, because it is documented that low levels of blood glucose are usually associated with irritability, so when a diabetic patient feels irritable, exhausted, or experiences syncope, people around should suspect that this patient's glucose levels are below range, may be because of insulin or anti-diabetic drug overdose

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy