Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

I just had a very large meal and wasn't feeling well, my blood sugar is at 76. Is this bad?
My father is a type II diabetic. I am 23 years old. Is this hypoglycemic. What are normal blood sugar levels?...

What can i do?
My older sister has diabetes. the doctors dont think she will make it to 21. she is 17 right now. and i try to cherish any time i have with her. and i dont know how to help her. she doesnt check her ...

Does my 6 year old son have diabetes?
My sons breath smells and I have noticed his clothes are a little loser. He has always just drank water some days more than others he is eating heaps of food especialy dinner. He seems to be getting ...

I would like a food list as what to eat with diabitis?
Diabetes foods that you can ...

Anyone with type2 diabetes have a diabetes diet plan to share?
looking for a weight loss plan for a type 2 diabetic, hope someone out there is willing to share it with me ...will be greatly appreciated.......

What is the most common blood type?

My doctor told me that type 2 diabetes is reversible?
she told me if i diet and exercise it can reverse. has anyone on here reversed their diabetes before?...

What are things i can do or eat to help bring down my sugar?
im very young and have diabetes. i was diagnosed not that long ago, so everything is still new to me. what are things that i can do or take/eat to help reduce my sugar.... its been kind of high ...

Son's illness as excuse? 504?
My son is saying he's sick before school alot, missing alot, and I need to get a 504 form, anyone familiar with this and how I get it?
His sugar/keytones are fine, but he complains of ...

Leukocytes in urine?
My daughter just had her 13-year annual physical. They tested a urine sample and found leukocytes, although they did not say how much. They mentioned a UTI, but she has no symptoms. Should I be ...

Do u tjink it cud be Diabetes or hat just bein paranoid? It runs in my dads side of family. I am only 18.?

Do you prefer diabetes from regular Coke or brain lesions from Diet Coke?

When is the best time for a diabetic to check their sugar level?
I am a diabetic but don't really know when I should check my sugar. Do you wait a certain amount of time after eating to get a more accurate reading....

Does blood sugar level increase when you consume beer?
i am diabetic....

The shakes ?
does anybody here get the shakes sometimes ? i do when i have not eaten for a while and i feel really weak too it only seems to go when i have a little nibble of something or eat something small ...

What are normal blood sugar number levels ?

Additional Details
OUT OF CURIOUSITY I CHECKED MY BLOOD YESTERDAY AND GOT (17)...

Low blood sugars and OJ......?
is there something in orange juice that helps bring your blood sugar back up faster? (besides sugar and carbs) the only reason I am asking is because I have seen questions that have to do with low ...

Neopsporin**is this product alright to use for a diabetic with a wound.?
neopsporin* can diabetic use this product? There is nothing on the package that says if i can or not. please let me know the answer to this important question....

What type of honey is advisable for diabetics?

Blood Test & Diabetes?
I had a full blood count done as part of a series because of reccuring tonsilitis. Would this have shown up diabetes? Thanks in advance for ...

trucker2222
Where else can you check for blood sugar besides the hand?

Becky W
Rating
i use my toes but you have to be careful not to get your toes infected.

lemonbeards
the most accurate place is the fingertips
however you can use the earlobe
other places include the whole finger,toes,forearm,stomach
places like arm and back of hand have harder skin so is harder to get blood and will hurt more.
the best way is just to stick to the fingertips and remember to keep rotating each finger unlike me!!!

redflower
It depends on your glucose meter, today most of them give you options, so you can take blood from your arms and legs as well as your fingers. Check out the site below it will show you exactly where you can take blood besides your finger if your meter allows.

I hope this helps

daniella
There is a blood sugar monitor that allows you to take a blood sample from your arm. Mostly, we do it on the fingertips. You can do it on your toes but that will not be advisable if you are a diabetic.

laura_a_c
I often check my forearm. I don't feel it at all there and I use the FreeStyle flash meter so the blood requirement is very small. I have heard of others testing on cerain parts of the leg. I usually start out with the arm and if I get a very high/low number, I double check on the fingers.

The Answer Guy
Your Toes.

simonpearle2001
you can check it on your earlobe.

I'm so sweet I need insulin
Rating
you can check your sugar from your arm if your lancet device permits it...I tried the tip of my nose once when I was bored...It didn't exactley work... I advise you not to do that...

justwondering
Alternate testing sites are not as accurate as fingers. The directions in the meters say that if blood sugar is very high or low, you must verify with a fingerstick.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy