Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

What happens if a child does not take care of their juvinal diabetes?

Could this really be the cure?
on yahoo it told me that a cure for diabetes and very over weight people is the gastric bypass surgery,why then did they tell us with diabetes about,it's for people with type 1,2 diabetes

What is the best cereal for a diabetic?
I know that any cereal can be eaten in moderation and cereals that are concentrated with sugar are bad, but I'm wondering if there is a cereal that tastes good (in terms of texture and flavor) ...

Has anyone ever been cured of diabetes by some of the products advertised on the net. Im not sure if they work
I will really want to try these product. They are clearly aimed at desperate people like us. The nagging question for me is if they work why havve they not been taken up by the pharmaceutical ...

What should one’s food intake be like when one is a diabetic?

How young were you when you DEVELOPED diabetes?
do you know what you ate that caused it?, do u know what 2 do about it?

cayenne, ...

Should I get tested for Diabetes?
Hi, a friend said i should get tested for diabetes. I urinate between 10-20 times a day, have been known for vision to go blurry in one eye, am tired at the random times of the day, and being really ...

Why is too much potassium bad for a person.?

I have diabetes and have very high sugar?
i have diabetes and have been feeling extremely tired and unwell i tested my sugar this morning and was 20.9 which i know is very high im on metformin x4 a day how can i get the sugar levels ...

Which are the fruits a Diabetic can eat safely?
I prefer to skip Dinner and have fruits
Which are the fruits I can have ...

Did you know there was a difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
I have type 1 and it really offends me when people think I have type 2. they are really very different....

Does eating sugar really cause hyperactivity in children?

Can diabetes be controlled by diet?

How does beer affect diabetics?

Glucophage?
Doctor put me on Glucophage about 6 days ago, since then my sugar levels have come down from 400 to about 290 which is still obviously high. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for it to get your ...

What is coginitive function?

Should i go to the hospital if my blood sugar is 300 ?
i don't know what to do .. please somebody help me !!!
Additional Details
i took my meds but instead of going down now is 400 .. i don't know what to ...

If I get a prescription and it says take it 3X a day, does that mean every 8 hrs. or with my 3 meals that day?

Help!! Husband has type II diabetes and is on a pump with very high BS (260-350) Refuses to exercise or diet!?
Any suggestions?? Divorce?? Beat him with a stick?? I don't know, I'm running out of options here and his vision and feet are going down hill.
Additional Details
Forgot to ...

How can you tell if you have diabetes? Other than going to your doctor...any signs? Thanks in advance! :)?

surroundedbyanimals
When should a diabetic go to the emergency room?
When should a diabetic go to the hospital, when their glucose level is over 300, 400, 500, or higher?

cherylacbus1
You can take extra insulin.

If you are Type 2, yes, you should go to the emergency room. You probably need to be put on insulin as well as the pills you are taking.

prinpam
Rating
all of them! wel it depends

debi_0712
Rating
*not intended to diagnose or treat*

-first of all a high blood sugar is way easier to bring down than bringing up a low blood sugar.

you need to talk to your doctor and have him set a limit on your fingerstick results, such as 'if over 450 go to emergency room'
If you are on sliding scale insulin- have you taken the scaled dosage and rechecked the fingerstick results?

If it was a family member of mine, if it went over 400 i probably would go to a emergency room.

Cozzette
Rating
it depends on your size,but for just about anyone would be dead at five hundred. I would say at 250 call your doctor. Less if you are tiny.

eeyorelover22003
over 300 can throw a diabetic into DKA

doubled254
If their glucose level is over 300, that's pretty hospital-worthy.

sally_little03
Anything over 300 is too high. A diabetic has ways of not going into shock. If they go into shock, take them to the hospital.

tebone0315
Rating
Anything over 200 is too high

omapat
Rating
My blood sugars for some reason will sometimes jump into the 600 range even if I am really good with my diet. When it does I have to monitor it every hour and bolus a small amount of insulin (about 2-6 units) every hour IF I can't bring it down with in 3-4 hours then I call my doctor at his office, back office or at home. and he will tell me what to do next. IF it stays high say overnight and the next day I can't think to do what I need to do then I need to go to the hospital.
BUT now I have another problem because my community hospital will not even see me because I am on dialysis so I have to call 911 for a ride to the next town about 45 miles away and that's IF I can think clearly enough to do that, other wise I slip into a coma. And I hate that! its the most painful thing I have ever done, is to come out of a 3 day coma
FYI: most monitors will not show over 600 it will only show "HI"
Keep your sugars low while you can.

iWorkonComputers
Rating
depends what their glucose level was when they saw their doctor and the doctor prescribed some sort of treatment.
anything that is abnormal for the patient

Barbara A
Rating
If you've got a blood sugar that is very high (>500-700+, +++), if you have repeated ketones in your urine, if you are shaking and cannot get in under control with diet and insulin, if you've had too much insulin, if you have skipped insulin, if you are ready to pass out!!
Blood glucoses can be VERY high...esp if you are unable to take insulin...like when you're really sick.
Good managemnt is essential and a 24 hour Nurse to follow you is essential too.

jeanhack42
If your blood sugar is over 300 you're getting into serious trouble. If you are a diabetic, then you should know this already. I was a diabetic for 27 years (my kidneys failed and I had a kidney/pancreas transplant 10 years ago) and I know the long term affects of an out of control blood sugar. Don't they have you on a short term acting insulin that you can take to bring your blood sugar down? That would be what I would try first and if you're still having problems, get to the emergency room. You don't need to go into a coma!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy