Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Do i have diabetes symtoms?
My dad's side has highblood pressure and my moms side has high colesotral. My aunt is diabetic and has breast cancer.
I'm not the skinniest person in the world- 5'5" 145lb.<...

Diabetes! How bad can it get?
When i was pregnant i found out i had gestational diabetes. The doctor said that once the baby is out my blood sugar would be back to normal. I slacked and didn't get a testing after my son was ...

Is anyone a diabetic and.....?
has a lot of problems with legs and feet swelling up and hurt real bad , do u know anything that can help make it better, thank ...

Is it OK for Diabetics to eat dried fruit eg raisins .?

Do you have to apsirate the needle when giving regular insulin injections???
I need a TRUTHFUL answer to this question NO GUESSES PLEASE. Only respond if you know the actual answer. Prefer a nurse or Md answer please....

Is there a special kind of soap that diabetics are supposed to use?
I have been a type 2 diabetic for 6yrs now and I am still learning about the disease. But I am wondering if we diabetics are supposed to use a certain kind of body soap. My skin has been so itchy ...

Is a blood preasure reading of 120/57 dangerous?
it usually runs 180/80 and I am on ...

Is this bad??
So.. i asked another question similar to this but I didn't get any really good answers. I'm 16, 5'2 feet, and 142 pounds. I keep thinking I'm fat so I tried my bmi and it was 26.7....

Society views on diabetes?

What is a normal level of glucose?

Kidney Donor Question?
Can someone with sinus tachycardia controlled with medicine safely donate a kidney to a family member?...

Friend died...caused by diabetes?
My bestfriend died last year at the age of 15. She just collapsed in her house. She didn't have diabetes, and had no symptoms of diabetes. But, some doctors said that she had diabetes and no one ...

Frustrated with JDRF?
I have been diabetic for 12 years... and as much money as my family, friends and I have donated to JDRF, I feel like we (as diabetics) are getting screwed. Lee Iacocca has promising research but I ...

At night my left leg aches all night .it wakes me out of sleep?
i do have ...

Sugar level above 1000 IS BAD?
how bad is it if you have sugar level above 1000? will it be fine after being treated at the hospital but had symptom for 5 days?
Additional Details
No it 1000, my dad was admitted ...

Why are pople who are obese more at risk of developing type 2 diabetes?

How do you get strips for testing blood glucose, to control diabetes?

Can Diabetics donate organs?
I know they can't donate blood, but can they donate their organs?...

4 pounds a week?
i need to loose 3-4 pounds a week
im 144 pounds and 5 ft 3 1/2
i extersize for 30 minutes a night
then do 100 crutches
i know its unhealthy but
last month i was almost ...

Obesity could be defined in terms of weight alone. What would be wrong with this?
I am doing an assignment on obesity and bmi, and need some help with this question. I no what i want to say but can't find the right words, thanks in advance if anyone can help ...

Brad815
Whats the correct pronunciation of diabetes?
Is it dia-beat-as or di-a-beat-ees

stakapens_82
it is die-a-beet-ees

missy
you van say it either way but i think the proper one is dia-beat-ess like dy-uh-beet-est with out the t at the end

most pepolpe say dy-uh-bee-tees tho...

ml88b
Rating
i say dye-a-bee-tees...but people say it both ways. i personally dont like the way wilford brimley says it in those diabetes commericials...dahy-uh-bee-tis....its annoying

leafmom
Rating
die-a-bee-tiss

Sympathy
Dia-beet-ees

db2byl
Rating
No matter how you pronounce it, it is still the same disease and most people know what you mean when you are saying it. I don't have a problem with the pronunciation, it is just the spelling that gets me. And there is a spell check on this thing. Go figure.

Mr. Peachy®
Rating
Dye-a-BEET-iss, or dye-a-BEET-eeze... either one, according to merriam-webster:
http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/diabetes

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy