Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

WE are going on a road trip and i have diabetes type2 i like to know how can eat out for a month we are goin
we are going from Texas to C...

Insulin Pump...If you use it..do you like it?

Additional Details
Thank you so much for the answers. I am in a motorcycle ministry and on the run a lot, plus I can't keep a good control with Lantus and humalog. No offence, but G...

Why won't blood sugar level go down???
My mom is being treated for diabetes. She is treated through oral medication by her doctor. She has tried excercising and eating right, but her sugar level still shows that it is consistently ...

Are there any other solution to be supliment by not injecting insulin to the body ?
a) food consumption
b) home made medicine like (ayurvedic or chiness type)
c) physical ...

Sugar is known as simple carbohydrates. What does the body convert sugar found in fruits into?

Is omega3 capsule safe for diabetes mellitus?

I crave unhealthy food constantly. How do I control my blood sugar and/or lower my insulin levels?
I'm insulin resistant and am having a lot of trouble controlling cravings. I read that high insulin levels can lead to increased appetite, but I've also been stressed lately. I binge on ...

Hello, went to dr yesterday had 400 blood sugar level i cant quench my thrist no matter wht i drink seem to b?
craving juice can anyone suggest a juice i can drink , to help this , can i drink apple juice its wht i want but i dont know if i can hv it clinic here doesnt give out much information , ...

Is eating a apple, tangerine and banana too much sugar for one day?

Can't find sugar-free milk?
My aunt just found out she's diabetic and she's looking for sugar-free milk...even if it's powdered, but no internet searches are coming up with anything.
Can you help?...

I have heard that people who have diabetes can't use foot spa's. Is there any reason for this?

What is Diabetes Type 2 ?
What is Diabetes Type 2,

What Causes Diabetes trype 2,

What are the symptoms of Diabetes type 2,

What treatment is there for Diabetes type 2...

Does any one know where i can get a free meter and strips for monitaring my blood sugar levels?

Diabetic ice-cream?
Can anyone tell me are the weight-watchers type of ice-cream sutible for diabetics?
I have bought some diabetic ice-cream from ASDA but wondered if the others would be ok....

How important was the discovery of Insulin?

Metformin and insulin together...?
Does anyone know if taking metformin combined with insulin makes weight loss easier or can tell me in which ways it helps the body? Thank you. V...

When do they induce you with gestgational diabetes?

Question about Diabetes?
I know it's nearly impossible to have a readings around 135 because every diabetic has their high and lows. Say by some miracle that this could happen, could a person with readings near there, ...

Diabetes??? Does anyone know what to eat to bring ur sugar down or if its too low to bring it up?

Diabetes and health?
My mother is a diabetic and she has this thing where she says he hand starts tingling when her sugar is low and she has to have something to eat. is this in her head or can this really happen and ...

sandy5652
What should i eat i was diagnosed as borderline diabetes.?
i had a reading of 150 with a fasting. my dr told me i was borderline and that i should lose 20lbs and then he would recheck me in a few months. that is all he said. i have not been eating because i am afraid if i do my levels will go up. please help me. i check my sugars all the time sometimes to many times. my dr told me i only needed to check them once a week. after i eat they will jump to 180 and sometimes a little higher depending on what i eat. at times they are in the low 100's i even had a reading of 96. i am really confused with all this and scared. if anyone can give me some advise that would be great.

aneurodoc125
Rating
150 is kind of high for a "borderline". Your first task is to lose weight if you are the slightest bit overweight. Basically, the diet is to cut calories. You can eat too many calories of beefsteak and it will kick your sugar up.
Here is one of many links to Diabetic diets. Treat yourself as if you were a Diabetic. " Borderline" is too reassuring, and people tend not to take things seriously.
http://www.actos.com/takeaction/healthyeating.aspx?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc

redrum4008
First stay away from simple sugars. High fructose corn syrup, it is in a lot of things. Keep these intakes low. Eat on a regular time if possible. Stick to the food groups suggested by the new food pyramid. Oatmeal and cereals fill you up and keep your digestive tract busy. Exercise burns sugars. So if you are high bike or run.switch to splenda in place of sugar. These things will help you. Remember webmd.com good site to look things up. Stop worrying and relax. Stress doesn't help. Keep a positive mindset. Good luck

Ann S
Eat anything that you want. Just watch the carbs and the sugars. Don't cut out the carbs but try to eat more complex carbs such as whole wheat bread . Losing the extra 20 pounds might very well take you away from the borderline range. Eat a lot of vegetables and some fruit,lean meat.

Precinct 1099
Rating
Use a glycemic index. Choosing low GI carbs - the ones that produce only small fluctuations in your blood glucose and insulin levels - is the secret to long-term health reducing your risk of heart disease and diabetes and is the key to sustainable weight loss.
http://www.glycemicindex.com/

Disturbingly Wicked
Try and stay away from foods with alot of sugar and carbs. Same with drinks. Small helpings of fruit and veggies and crackers through out the day should maintain a steady sugar until your ready to eat meals. You don't have diabetes yet, your just told to be cautious basically. Mind what you consume, exercise, drink plenty of fluids, and keep track of your sugars. You could even write down your sugar before you eat, what you eat, and then write down what your sugar is a hour after you eat - this way you can tell whats making your sugar go up and what keeps it stable

Lucky
i was told i have type 2 diabeties 3 weeks ago. they took my blood sugar in the doctors office 3 hours after i ate lunch and it was 260. now its typically between the 80's-120's. my doctor gave me a target of 140-160 during the day which i hardly ever get. so for me, 150 would be ok. but for someone who isnt diabetic 150 sounds high. read more information on a diabetic diet. watch carbs. my doctor limits me 45 per meal with 10-15 for snacks when im lower in the mornings. change regular pop and sugar drinks to diet and sugar free. eat more veggies and salads with meals. 30 minutes of walking or exercise a day or every other day. just make little changes and you will be amazed what will happen. i found out 3 weeks ago and with very little exercise cause ive been sick ive already lost 5 pounds from just changing me eating.

Bible student
Rating
I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes last year. My blood sugar was much higher than 150, but it had been hanging around what is currently considered borderline (125) off-and- on for a couple of years. I thought that I didn't have time to take care of myself, since I help my husband run our business, have an adult daughter who is mentally handicapped and still lives at home and a teenage son. I am also active in my church and community. This was no excuse for not taking care of the body God gave me. Once I heard the doctor read out that cold, hard number over the phone, I was suddenly able to see clearly what I was doing to myself. I immediately switched to a diet of all vegetables, lean meats, and water and increased the amount and intensity of walking that I was doing. I stayed on this diet for several months, quickly losing 30+ pounds and dropping my blood sugar to a little over 100 (down from 457). Then I began to add things to my diet - small amounts of fruit (especially blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or 1/2 of a banana), whole-grain breads (many are not really whole-grain; look especially for bread that says 100% stone-ground whole wheat), 1% milk, and sugar-free drinks and treats. My blood sugar is usually between 95 and 100 when I test first thing in the morning but is sometimes as low as 85. I've lost a few more pounds but am working on ramping up my exercise again so I can lose the rest of what I need to lose. Just remember that once your insurance has you labeled as diabetic, they want to see a number at, or below, 100 when the doctor tests your blood sugar. At least in the USA that's true. I think parts of Europe may allow somewhat higher numbers. I am almost 50 (next birthday), so I have looked at this as a blessing from God - an opportunity to discipline my body so that the second portion of my life is not ruined by thinking that everyone will die if I can't meet their every need and meet it immediately!

*I forgot to add this in my original answer, but I was also put on Metformin by my doctor (at first 500 mg. in the morning and 500 mg. at night, but now I take two 500 mg. extended release tabs in the evening). I don't know whether everyone is affected this way by the Metformin, but my appetite began to decrease significantly within a few days of beginning daily use of this drug. I also quit craving sweets. It's not that I told myself, "You can't have sweets." I no longer wanted them.

sue
Rating
At 150 fasting, you are NOT borderline diabetic!!

Normal glucose level is 65 to 100
prediabetic is 101 to 125
over 126 is full diabetic

Your doctor needs to move into the 21st century and get real or you will lose a precious part of you that you don't want to lose! toes, fingers, eyesight!!! Any reading fasting of over 126 does damage to the tiny blood vessels and nerves of fingers, toes and eyes, not to say what it does to heart, liver, kidneys.

I recommend you go find a book titled "Type 2 Diabetes: The First Year" and read it.

Good foods to eat to bring down glucose levels are:
breakfast: bacon, sausage, or ham, eggs, and whole grain toast with butter Don't be afraid of the fats here.
lunch: 3 oz of meat - beef, pork, chicken, lamb, fish - and a very large dark green leafy salad with tomato, cukes, etc. and real salad dressing.
Dinner the same or similar.
Snacks: half an apple with peanutbutter or any cream cheese, a handful of nuts, 6 triscuits, etc.

3 oz of meat is about the size of a chicken thigh or your closed fist.

Be testing first thing in the morning and again 2 hours after a meal. My doc wants the fasting number, before dinner and 2 hrs after, and bedtime reading.

Remember not to deprive yourself of something good. Just keep the treat small, half a serving of pie or cake or half cup of ice cream will keep you sane!! Advice from my Endocrinologist!! Plan in the "cheat" treat once a week.

Must eat 6 to 7 times a day, small amounts. This helps to keep glucose levels on an even keel most of the time.

I avoid most things white except for apples and cauliflower! Also avoid most things tan, yellow or orange. Eat lots of dark green, reds, and dark berries!

Your milage may vary with my food plan, but you get the idea. No two of us is alike in this disease. Food plans, exercise or movement plans, and meds all have to be individualized. What works for me, may not work for you and absolutely will change tomorrow!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy