Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Can really hot days effect a person blood sugar?

Is there anything that reduce the risk of diabetes?
like are there any thing to eat to reduce the risk or prevent frm getting diabetes? or any things to do? Can cycling help?
Additional Details
my weight is average 30kg++ age 12 no diff ...

Serious Diabetic question/serious answers only please?
Husband diabetic 6 years now. Was Type 2 non-Insulin dep. Had been very controlled with diet, exercise and Rx. Last 3 months has not been lower than 239 and as high as 380. Few times high 100's. ...

Whats that thing called you put a lancet in?
You know, when you are checking your blood sugar. You put a lancet in a thing that looks like a pen. What is that called?
Additional Details
haha. I've been testing myself and my ...

Is there really a diabettes called salt diabetes?
my sisters b'f said he has salt diabetes ? but he eats salt and fries and hamburgers and a lot of mountain dew, idk?what do u think ?...

I have not been diagnosed as a diabetic but my father gave me a meter. I have been faithfully checking my?
levels and have seen a pattern of higher in the am(fasting). Was 108 this morning but before bed it was 105. Should I be concerned or is this a sign of diabetes? I have nothing at night after supper ...

What pattern of heredity does diabetes follow?
I know that baldness comes from your mother's father. How does diabetes travel through generations?...

I'm diabetic and asked for a diet coke and was given a regular coke, what can I do?
I asked the clerk, and this is diet correct? The stupid sow said "oh I'm sorry". I told her I was diabetic and she didn't even blink. Should I have the sot fired?
A...

My mother took the wrong insulin injection this morning. What kind of affect will it have on her body?

Is watermelon good to eat for diabetics, and how much is enough?

What should be shugar level in normal body?

Can stress really trigger or cause diabetes?
I've heard people saying this... but i don't believe it... so i want to know the possibility
Additional Details
when i say stress i mean depression ...

Can smoking cannabis affect your blood sugar levels if you are diabetic ?
Does the same apply to non-diabetics. Thank you in advance as last blood tests a bit alarming.!!...

I need an answer as soon as possible about type 2 diabetes is 270 too high?
I need to know , i don't know the scale or if its okay for my mom to go to sleep, she left work today and she never leaves work said her head is woozy. Do I need to drive down to her house I am ...

I was recently diagnosed with type 2 what are the normal blood glucose levels?

My father has type 2 diabetes and is now in the hospital,,, please help!!!?
Hello, my father is 64 years old and has suffer with type 2 diabetes for the last 20 years. his first amputation happened about 6 years ago when they amputated his toes and over the next 6 years he�...

So if I understand this correctly?
Even if you have diabetes (mine is borderline) I can eat anything I want as long as I use portion control, eat a protein at the same time and pretty much limit my corn, peas, carrots and no cookies, ...

Hey everyone, I need help with including fiber in my diet.?
Since I don't eat much fruit as I should in a day. I was wondering if I were to buy fibersure and fiberchoice and drink together to get enough fiber as recommended. Do you think is okay, or I ...

Does anyone know of a good health supplement to prevent diabetes?

Soda...only diabetics plz answer.is diet soda ok to drink if diabetic?

mygingy
What is the lowest your blood sugar can go before you go into a diabetic coma?

Rromabella
It really depends on the person but roughly around 20-30.

Senator D*L*P™
Rating
That depends on the individual. My lowest blood sugar that I have recognized was 16 mg/dL. I am eating right now because I am 71, and I can feel the symptoms. I found that I have to take Lantus in teh morning and not at night, because it would send me really low at night, where I had the 16. But otherwise, it depends on gender, athletic ability (exercise), and body type. If you personally are diabetic, talk to your doctor and get thresholds for hypo- and hyperglycemia

randall_maverick
Rating
I drove home and pass up the road I live on and I stopped and checked my blood sugar and it was 16. I was conscious but I could not think.

Monkey87
Rating
For me it is about 20, have been ther many times.

hsmommy06
Usually under 50 are above 600 can throw a person unconscience. It really depends on the person. My Father in law for instance had his blood sugar as high as 650 and he didn't go into a coma and my Mother on the other hand had hers at 48 and went into a Coma. It really depends. Those numbers are just a norm.

JoJoBa
You should keep a careful watch if the blood sugar lows below 70.

julez
lowest mine has ever been was 24. but like other people have said, its different for every person.

emt_me911
Rating
It depends on the person. One person might still be conscious with a sugar of 20. Another person may be unconscious with a sugar of 60.

The lowest I have ever been and still been conscious was 28. My lowest sugar ever (that I know of) was 18. I was unconscious at that point.

I had a patient once (an adult) that was out cold with a sugar of 45. I also once had a patient (a child) that was fully conscious, alert and oriented and had a sugar of 1200. That is the honest truth...I had to transport this child to a pediatric hospital and I had seen the lab reports from the referring hospital. I would not have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes. OMG.

We are all different with different levels of tolerance. I start feeling symptoms when my sugar drops below 65 or so. I wear a pump so I have to be very vigilant with my sugar. It can drop without warning. I test 8 times a day minimum.

Just a quick note here...diabetic coma (aka DKA) is when a person is suffering from hyperglycemia (HIGH sugar). Insulin shock (or insulin reaction) is when a person is suffering from hypoglycemia (LOW sugar).

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy