Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is tiredness a symtom of diabetes?
i have been feeling very tired just lately so i checked my blood sugar level this morning before i had anything to eat and it was 8.0. i have a book that came with the machine and it says that normal ...

Diabetes - why the stupid comments against those with the condition.?
There are a number of totally misinformed people making judgement on people with diabetes, saying its their own fault that they have it due to being obese.
For their information, babies are born ...

Do you lose weight by throwing up after meals?

Is it possible for someone whos non diabetic to have low blood sugar?
just because i don't think im diabetic and haven't eaten a lot today and i feel a bit ...

Ants come to my urine. Does that mean my blood sugar could be high?

Did I quit smoking just to get diabetes?
First you need to know a little family history.There is NO ONE on either side of my family with diabetes.I come from healthy stock.I quit smoking about 15 months ago and in the process gained about 20...

I think that I have Diabetes but my family wont believe me... What should i do?
I have done research on diabetes and i urinate frequently, im always hungry, im excessivly thirsty, I am 16 years old a Male my mom has hypo or hyperglycemia what is the chance I have diabetes?...

What Is Your Blood Type?
I am AB-...

Age for type one diabetes?
My husband was two weeks off his 31st birthday when he discovered he was diabetic (type 1). How unusual is this as everything I've read says it is childhood onset.
Additional Details<...

I have just moved to the UK and i have type1 diabetes. Where do i purchase extra syringes for my insulin?

How to tell my parents?
I think i may be experincing symptoms of diabetes.

>yellow-dark yelow urine
>litte bit thirstier than i normally am
>i'm a bit overweight [i understand sugar/carbs ...

When responding please state your credentials, is it possible to eat one meal a day?
does it rest the organs

when responding please state your ...

Do you think my teacher should be fired?
There are any reasons that she is a teacher we all hate and we all want her gone but nobody ever believes us when we tell them the stuff. But there have been a few cases and today she did it again ...

Blindness caused due to diabetes?
My dad is arround 60 yr old having diabetes since 6 yrs and it has startted affeting his vision. now my dad cant see anything in night, hardly he can see in the day. I know for diabetes there is no ...

Can anybody please help new diabetic looking which yoghurts i can eat?

Could I have Diabetes?
I have put on quite a bit of weight over the past 2 years. I am 5'4, 18 years old, and weigh 210 pounds. My father has Diabetes. I have been extremely thirsty for water the past week or so, and I...

I have diabetes and I eat the things i shouldn't, drink beer, and am addicted to sugar?
Every day I wake up and tell myself, I'm going to get a fresh start and start treating myself better and every day I slip up. How can I stop this vicious circle. I've been told that ...

Advice please?
My daughter has just been diagnosed diabetic shes 21 i want any advice what she can and cant eat ,ok i know nothing with sugar ,please help.Thankyou in advance....

What is the newest anti diabetic medicines?

Type 1 diabetics, pls help me with this question?
Have you ever taken too much insulin and had your heart race and your throat get halfway closed up, almost like anaphylactic shock?

I had a similiar reaction and I think it was from too ...

poopek
What is considered a normal blood sugar level?
My sister just took my blood a couple hours after I ate lunch and it was 119. Is this considered high?

heyyannisa
kjhgfds

Jennifer C
A normal random blood sugar level hasn't been clearly defined. However, even if you've recently eaten and your blood sugar level is at its peak, your random blood sugar level shouldn't be higher than 200 mg/dL.

I got this information from: Mayo Clinic

jason
Rating
ss

Justin B
The average blood glucose reading for the "average American" is between 80 and 120. Everybody is different, and depending on you as an individual, the normal levels may vary. Consult a doctor and he would be able to tell you what the normal is for your body. It all depends on the figure, BMI levels, and your lifestyle.

steph(: <3
Rating
70-120
is considered normal; you'll be okayy(:

Zany!i!786
its normal cuz u just ate (: and even if you didnt eat its still good

fizzymoon1
The normal blood sugar level in most people is between 80 mg/dl and 110mg/dl. However, if you take a blood sugar reading shortly after eating the level will rise and you can have a result as high as 140 mg/dl so your level is completely normal considering you had lunch only a couple of hours before. Hope this helps...

bookish
119 is fine.

Torri
70-110. I wouldn't be worried about a level of 119. As long as you aren't feeling any symptoms of hyperglycemia then you should be fine. Next time check your level before you eat and see what it is.

Prairie Girl
That's not considered high at all for 2 hours after a meal. Actually, at 2 hours after a meal it's considered OK as long as it's under 140.
Before a meal it should be between 80-100.

chunkifeat
Rating
90<100 fasting

Moose
Rating
No, after eating that is fine. If you check in the morning, before eating, 80+or- should be about right.

Jimbo
Rating
Normal blood sugar is 90 - 120 but its not really considered high until about 150 so you have nothing to worry about

Stellahella
Rating
It's fine. Per the National Diabetes Clearinghouse, your number should be:

70-130 before meals
Less than 180 one to two hours after the start of a meal

honeybmeadow
Rating
You're fine. 119 is normal after eating. You should take a fasting sugar count so you know what your average normal level would be.

twirlergrl4life
80-120 is normal, my best friend is diabetic and her goal is alway's between those two numbers

Audrey
Rating
you're in a ok range

♠ [KI3RA]♠
Rating
90/100 but after you eat it is always gonna be higher than normal because of how much salt and sugar the food contains.

gimp3836@sbcglobal.net
Rating
I am 60 years old and a type 2 (non-insulin dependent). I take glipizide (sp?) twice a day and watch my diet. My doctor has given me the following targets for my blood sugar.

120 or less before meals
180 or less 2 hours after meals
If I test lower than 80 at any time I am supposed to eat something to bring it up. A glucose tablet, some crackers or even a small piece of candy.

I am not a doctor but my experience as a diabetic tells me that your blood sugar of 119 two hours after eating is almost certainly good. The only exception is if the meal was devoid of carbohydrates. My meals are supposed be limited to 45 grams of carbohydrates. I am also encouraged to eat a couple of snacks in the 10 to 15 gram range.

I accept email at my profile. If you are interested in any other aspect of the condition just contact me with the specifics of you concerns.

Cheers...

Passent
Normal glucose levels fall between 70 and 150 mg. Levels typically are lower in the morning, and rise after meals. Blood sugar levels falling consistently above 150 are indicative of hyperglycemia, or high blood sugar. Chronic low levels, falling below 70, characterize hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. Hypoglycemia is a potentially fatal condition. Symptoms of this condition are lethargy, impaired mental functioning, irritability and loss of consciousness. Persistent hyperglycemia results in diabetes mellitus, which is the most common disease related to blood sugar regulation failure. Diabetes can cause eye, kidney and nerve damage.

A blood glucose test measures the amount of glucose in the bloodstream. Reasons for testing glucose levels are to check for diabetes, to monitor treatment of diabetes, and to check for hypoglycemia. There are several different types of glucose tests. The 'fasting blood sugar' test checks glucose levels after an eight-hour fast and is often the first test performed when checking for diabetes. For this test, levels have to fall between 70 and 99 in order to be considered normal. The 'two-hour postprandial blood sugar' test measures glucose levels two hours after eating a meal.

Normal glucose levels for this test fall between 70 and 145. Random blood sugar testing checks glucose levels randomly throughout the day, regardless of meal times. If levels vary widely, there could be a problem. Blood sugar levels should be between 70 and 125 in order to be considered normal for random testing. The 'oral glucose tolerance test' diagnoses diabetes and predicaments. This tests your blood after drinking a glucose drink. If you think you may have a blood sugar disorder, contact your primary care physician for testing. There are many conditions that can cause a change in your blood glucose levels. Normal results may vary depending on the lab.

hershadeofgreen
Rating
70-120 is normal.

AN
Rating
It's slightly elevated but then again it depends on what she ate also. If she ate a lot of carbs such as pasta, bread, dough, tortillas, etc. or a sugary meal or a fast food meal as opposed to say, a chicken caesar salad. It's likely that she is okay and just ate a meal that caused more sugar than normal. I am diabetic and if I wasn't on my meds and I eat a bowl of cereal (e.g. a cup of frosted of mini wheat with whole milk) then my blood sugar would go probably anywhere from 180-210 and sometimes that was with meds. If she if having any kind of symptoms of diabetes such as increased thirst, increased urination, dizziness, fatigue, craving sweet junk foods, or whatever then it's best to go get checked out. I messed up my body majorly because I went 10 years with untreated diabetes and it wreaked havoc on my body. It's very easy to go without knowing you have it. Your sister is lucky to have such a caring sister like you looking out for her. Good luck and God Bless!

the_white_owl2004
You must take blood before you eat anything,anyway it's normal

jdogblaze191
Rating
no. the normal range is 81 to120.So 119 is not high .

snoopy
Rating
here's a chart that should clear things up for you

http://www.isletsofhope.com/diabetes/symptoms/normoglycemia_1.html

Susie K
90 - 120 is the best sugar level
high isn't classed until 150
low isn't classed until about 70-80

Sandy Sandals
80-120

luzerlarry1
It is ok. Doctors like a tad lower, but 119 is ok. Take your reading in morning before eating or drinking anything.

dymond
Your sugar levels peak 1and 1/2--2 hours after eating.This is a perfectly normal blood sugar for just eating a couple hours earlier.Normal blood sugars are from 80-120.It isn't considered high until it hits 130 and remains there for two or more tests.Taken an hour apart.

Ellabelle
70 to 120 is considered normal, I think, so you're ok.

C S
Normal
A blood glucose test measures the amount of a type of sugar, called glucose, in your blood.

Results are often ready in 1 to 2 hours. Glucose levels in a blood sample taken from your vein (called a blood plasma value) may differ a little than glucose levels checked with a finger stick.

Blood glucose Fasting blood glucose:
70–99 milligrams per deciliter or less than 5.5 mmol/L

2 hours after eating (postprandial):
70–145 mg/dL (less than 7.9 mmol/L)

Random (casual):
70–125 mg/dL (less than 7.0 mmol/L)

Normal results may vary from lab to lab. Many conditions can change your blood glucose levels. Your health professional will discuss any significant abnormal results with you in relation to your symptoms and medical history

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy