Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

My mother is having daibetis last 30 years. now a day she is having Burning Sensation in whole Body.?
My mother is having daibetis last 30 years. now a day she is having Burning Sensation in whole Body.pl. give us any medicines so that their is stop Burning sensation to whole Body. Because she can...

A menu for a Diabetic Person?
I need a menu for a diabetic person. It must include breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks....

Why do I get so dizzy? Low blood sugar?
I think I have low blood sugar. I have a history of dizzyness and once I even passed out when i stood up in the morning. Sometimes I get out of bed and almost fall over on my way to the bathroom. I ...

What is the right diet for a diabetic person?

Low blood sugar?
after a meal (usually after a larger one) i sometimes get shaky, headachy, light headed, feeling a bit like fainting and usually feel sort of cold and generally feeling a little unwell....then after ...

I am a type 1 diabetic and was wondering what i should start to do if i am considering having a child?
I have had diabetes for 14 years and was thinking an insulin pump would put me in the right direction with my blood sugar but that also is something im not sure which ones are good or better I know ...

My mother is a diabetic. She doesnt listen to her dr. When her glucose reading is high, what can she do??
Its been good regularly, its sometimes it gets high during day. I know its her not eating right, but then she eats and she says she is still not feeling good. Any ideas???...

Why do i have diarhea?
i drank a strawberry ...

My daughter has all of the symtoms of diabetes...yet her test came back in normal range what could it be?
she has blurred vision, thirst, frequent urnination, fatigue...her a1c test came back in normal range...she just had her eyes check last month...it really concerns me about the blurred vision...i ...

How to lower glucose level in the blood?

What fruits are good for people with Type 2 diabetes?
I am looking for information about what types of friuts are good for people with diabetes. I am wondering what types of fruits are not to high in sugar....

What is the normal sugar range of any adult female ?

My mom was a diabetic for 20 years and didn't know it until she went blind?
she doesnt believe in doctores (she doesnt like doctors) and the only time she went to a doctor was to give birth (ten kids) so i want to know what are the symtoms of the desease? i had a some blood ...

I have type 1 diabetes and have been thinking of getting an insulin pump. Any diabetics new to the pump?

What brings on sugar diabetics in people?

What happens if a normal person is injected with insulin?
Someone apparently took one of my lantus solostar pens. What happens if a normal person (without diabetes) is injected with insulin? I don't want anyone getting hurt by this pen (or maybe it ...

What's a good food treat for celebrating a diabetic's birthday?
Some friends regularly get together for "Happy Hour" every Friday and I wanted to surpise one of the folks in the group for his 50th birthday but thought a birthday cake might not be a good ...

24 year old with 300 blood sugar. Does this mean she has diabetes?
I have a 24 year old sister with no health insurance. For the last week or so, she's had fever, chills, and full body pain along with vomiting. She had a huge abcess on her bottom, that was ...

Low blood sugar question?
is it ok to have low blood sugar (62) if i dont have any symptoms of hypoglycemia or diabetes and i feel fine? my mom's a diabetes doctor and she said it was fine
Additional Details

Is it really true that Nick Jonas has diabetes?
A friend of mine told me the news that Nick has diabetes, and he's going to die... I don't quite believe that he will die, so impossible... But, is it really true?...

Tee
What is cellulose? Is it sugar? I can't have sugar.?
Is it a Carbohydrates? Serious reply one please. I really want to know. Thank you!

Moved
Cellulose is the fat under the skin. It forms like little lumps. If you are concerned about them just use a roller, like a rolling pin and work it up and down on the site. Also there is ointment out there at the drug stores that help with the problem. I know that cellulose ends in 'lose', but it is not something that you consume. But when shopping, do look for the ingredients to see if there is any dextrose or lactose in the food. Most Lise's are a sugar by-product. You can have some just not much. All your fruit has fruits, it is part of the genetics. We as diabetics need fruit and its equivalent, like veggies. Just follow a clear and easy diet and all will go well.

Kizle
Rating
It is Sugar if you are diabetic avoid it unless your blood sugar is low.

Pahd
Rating
Cellulose is a sugar.
All sugars are carbohydrates.

However, cellulose is not converted to glucose in your body. In other words, you can eat as much of it as you want. Only diabetic deer and bunnies need to worry about eating cellulose because they have bacteria liviing in their gut that greak cellulose down. We don't have this bacteria.

Edit: Whoops, just like the person above me said. Sorry.

Mafia Agent 4207
Rating
It's fibre...

The Doc
Rating
Well, cellulose is a polysaccharide, so technically it is a carbohydrate, but humans cannot digest it, so it doesn't really count as one for purposes of diet. What it does count as is fiber. Celulose makes up the cell walls of all vegetables, so, unless you're a cow (in which I commend you on your hoof dexterity on being able to type ^_^) eating things with cellulose (vegetables) will not do a thing to your diabetes, and in fact, is good for you. Cellulose itself has no calories, and provides no nutrients, it's just dietary fiber, but the vegetables that contain it are, for the most part, very low glycemic index (good for diabetics) and have (depending on which) lots of vitamins and minerals.
So don't get hung up on the biochemistry and have all the salad you want ^_^.

Sarah Ann
Cellulose is fiber.

*~!super chicky!~*
Rating
yes cellulose is sugar it might have some carbohydrates

peggy w
Rating
anything with the suffix of "ose" denotes sugar. ;)

like, dextrose, sucrose, etc.

TJTB
It is a fibrous carbohydrate, but it's a carb VERY different form starch. Cellulose is a straight chain polymer: unlike starch, no coiling occurs, and the molecule adopts an extended rod-like conformation That's why you 'll find that plant cell walls are made of cellulose. This strength is important in cell walls, where they are meshed into a carbohydrate matrix, helping keep plant cells rigid.
So although it is technically a carbohydrate, it's so fibrous in nature that the bonds prevent it from acting like other carbohydrates.
If you're inquiring regarding its glycemic index values, I would categorize it as very low, unlike many other carbs. You can have it even if you can't have sugar, because cellulose is the slowest carb you can consume, since it's digested as strictly fiber. It's actually the healthiest "carb" possible.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy