Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

What is diabetes? Ways to manage it.?
What is diabetes? why it happens ? how do you manage it? Does it always happen to a kid whose parents have it? please let me know some sites that would help me on these information.
Thanks a ...

Sugar substituses?
which sugar substituses for people with dm is the safest one? and which is most dangerous for health?...

Is there any bread on the market that has NO sugar in it?
being a diabetic i cant have no suger at all and find it very hard to cope at times when i go out i have to check everything i eatand people think i am very picky but not being able to have a bacon ...

South East Asian Fruit called the Mangosteen made into a juice. Have you tired it yet??

Are there any known cures for type b diabetic?

What makes diabetes dangerous for a person?

I am Type I Diabetic. Can I take carrot?

What is the best way to lower the blood sugar level?

Is there a particular diet that is for diabetics only?

What are Signs of Diabetes?
T...

Did anyone have these symptoms and found out they had diabetes?
Diabetes runs in my family. My grandma had it, but she died January 26, 2008. My poppie has it and my mom has it too.

Here are my symptoms:
-Overweight
-A period that lasted 5 ...

Could I be hypoglycemic? How is it diagnosed?
I've always just assumed I was either out of shape (though I am a dancer) or just a compulsive eater, but I'm beginning to think I'm hypoglycemic. If I don't snack fairly ...

Early signs of diabetis?

Weight gain is the cause of high blood?
what kind of food people have diabetic can eaat?...

Lost alone and afraid?
i recently was diagnosed with type2 diabetes, i also have heart disease-cad ive had 7 heart attacks,15 stints,17 heart caths, constant angina, and high blood pressure. i feel like whats the use. my ...

Can you get diabetes by eating all the sugar free sweets?

Tell me about diabetes.?
ok my boyfriend has diabetes, not sure what kind....but its so bad that he has to carry insulin around that goes strait into his stomach, whats some stuff you can tell me about diabetes cause he has ...

Blood glucose high?
i did a glucose test. it came back high. what does that mean? what do i do for it? i'm pregnant can it harm my baby?...

What kind of items would you like to see in a store catering completely to Diabetics?
Like the kind of items you would like to easily find in the general market. Excluding prescriptions and such.
Additional Details
Specifically what kind of sweets, what kind of foods? B...

Is the Atkins Diet supposed to be good (healthier at all?) for people with diabetes?
Thanks....

joezen777
What happens to humalog insulin when it goes past its expiration date?
I assume it would just stop working, or are there other effects? Like instead of working right away it works on a delay?

♥<3<3<3♥
It depends on alot of things. Like the persons allergies or reactions. Or what type of insulin it is and what its used for. Im not a pro on this field Im just making an educated guess.
In worst cases probably death. I saw a show yesterday.

Pahd
Rating
Insulin is a protein and proteins break down after time, becoming less effective.

Rex B
Rating
Um, it expires ?

IthinkIknowTheAnswer
Rating
I agree with The Crusader. It would probably become less effective which defeats the purpose of taking it. If it's out of date, throw it out, as The Crusader suggested. I've checked various diabetes websites with the query "humalog expired effective" and all of those I checked came up with the same answer: if it's expired, throw it out.

emt_me911
Rating
It may lose it's effectiveness. This is true of all insulins...not just Humalog.

Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to use it. Once you open the bottle (pop the cap), you can keep it at room temperature for 30 days. After that, toss it and open a new vial.

Never buy more insulin than you can use by the expiration date printed on the box and the vial.

EMT

the crusader
Rating
It may become less effective. Once it reaches its expiration date, just throw it out.

cassy
Your right it just loses its effectiveness. Never use it because it can be harmful. I have had juvenile diabetes since i was 4 and once i accidentally gave expired insulin, i ended up in the hospital.
Just throw it away before it comes too close to expiration date and don't leave it in the sun either.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy