Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Can blood sugar levels change a lot in less than a minute?
I am type 2 and I try controlling my blood sugar level with diet and weight loss. I use a freestyle flash meter and I check it morning and night but last night I checked it and it was a whopping 234 ...

What are the characteristics of a diabetic person?
how will you know that a person has diabetis by just looking at him/her?...

I have been feeling a tingling sensation in different area's of my body for several days?

Has anybody here got an insulin pump if yes which one and is there a way i can contact u on email ?????

Only diabetics. Is it really strict hours to be observed and strict portion controls and exercise. insight pls

Is hypoglycemia and low blood sugar the same thing??

Hypoglycemic/hyperglycemi...
I am confused. If I consume too much sugar then after a little while my blood sugar drops really low; I get weak and shaky and even feel faint. Which one of these would I have?...

What is a normal blood sugar for adults?

I think my symptoms may be diabetes?
I am 24 years old and have maintained a relatively healthy lifestyle. But my father has kidney issues (he has has two transplants) and is now dieing of liver cancer and he has diabetes. Recently I ...

I have hypoglycemia, what should I do?
I have gone to the doctor and have had the 5 hour testing done. It's scary when I do go through a spell. I use recess peanut butter cups to bring it back up. Sometimes it works and other times ...

Other than going to the doctors what should i do for imemia?? (iron defencey)?
im 14 and im always tired and i sleep the 10 hours recomended but im still always tired. im scared to go to the doctors so what should i do??...

Is 150 blood sugar level very high for a 63 yrs old?

What is normal blood sugar with fasting and after food?

How can the fasting blood sugar be 106 and the blood sugar an hour after a meal be 85?
On two occasions that my blood was tested, the fasting blood sugar was above normal (106), but the blood sugar an hour after a meal was within limits (85).

Isn't this an anomaly?
<...

Diabetes? My symptoms;?
Okay. So lately, I've been really thirsty, like, so much more TIRED then i usually am, constant urination [ew i know.] and sometimes, i dont even drink alot because i hate going to the bathroom ...

How often should I check blood sugar??
I'm hypoglycemic, and was wondering if there should be a certain pattern of how often I check my sugar to make sure it didnt drop dramatically/starting to drop....

Can someone with diabeties take anti depressants? Thanks?
I only take tablets and not injections for diabities but very depressed and wonder if I can saftly take a mild anit-depressant?...

I want to abandon to inject insulin daily, if you've alternative, & you've used instead of insulin, plz tell m
Becasue My Mother is diabetic patient she has kept using insulin she irritate to keep injecting insulin....

Is my blood sugar normal?
Lately i've been having extreme thirst and hunger, frequent urination, fatigue, blurred vision, and irritability. I was checked for diabetes 2 months ago, but my symptoms are not improving and i&...

How serious is Vitamin D deficiency?
I found out that I have very low levels of Vitamin D. My doctor prescribed me a Vitamin D tablet (1000mg) a day. My fiancee and I are going to try to have children in about 10-11 months and I am ...

Sonja T
What happens if your blood sugar goes to high?

thetravelinggardener
your head swells and your eyeballs burst from the pressure...it is not a prety sight.

markos m
Rating
You simply turn into a lollipop!

ChrisandSheila L
Rating
If you have been diagnosed as a full blown diabetic then you go into a diabetic coma, and then things could get ugly from there. So please make sure you keep your blood sugars at a normal rate.

Corvinus
Well, I get really hyper...
But that's probably just me.
By high I'm talking about 12.2.

MJ
Rating
you can go into coma.

Ken S
you go into a diabetic coma and could die

Due May 17th with #1!
You become very lethargic. You urinate alot and your vision will start to blur. You will e very thirsty all the time. Evenutally, you will slip into a coma if it is extreme enough.

Doris D
And you get very ill with people before the other starts happening to you. Read the other answers they cover the rest of it.

lyfsavr67medic
Rating
This is a condition called ketoacidosis, or diabetic coma. It is a serious complication of diabetes and occurs when insulin levels become inadequate to meet teh metabolic demands of the body. What happens first is the body begins spilling sugar into the urine, and causes osmotic diuresis (fluid leaking from various points on the body) and dehydration, evidenced by dry warm skin and mucous membranes. Deep respirations start to begin as the body trieds to compensate for the metabolic acidosis. Its a slow onset, usually lasting from 12-24 hours. In early stages, signs and symptoms include increased thirst, excessive hunger,urination and malaise(discomfort or uneasiness), followed by nausea, vomiting, marked dehydration, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat) and general weakness. You may notice a fruity odor from their mouth. The last symptom, and a late one is unconsciousness (what is called the actual diabetic coma). I know this is probably more information than you wanted, but when it comes to answering medical questions, I like to be as thorough as I can.

minidoc
First it may depend on why your blood sugar went so high. If you are an insulin dependent diabeteic in can make you urinate more and become dehydrated. This is known as diabetic ketoacidosis. Basicallly a catabolic state where because your body lacks insulin it has no way to get the sugar into the cells where your body can use it so, the body resorts to alternative means of energy and begins breaking down fats for energy- ketosis. This can drop your blood pH and cause you to be acidotic, this is life threatening as when this happens many of the basic body chemistry is thrown out of whack and it can kill you.

If you make insulin but your blood sugar goes really high, you could also go into a hyperosmolar state or coma. Having your blood sugar too high, overwhelms your kidneys and at greater than 300 mg/dl your kidneys spill out the extra sugar. The body tries to wash it out and you essential urinate more and lose more water and can get dehydrated if you cannot drink as much as you put out. This state can also cause mental status changes such as confusion and lethargy. It is a reason to be hospitalized as it can also lead to electolyte derangements.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy