Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is diabetes a hereditary disease?

When you were diagnosed with diabetes how high was your blood glucose level?
i was 36.6...

Can diabetics be teachers?

What foods can u eat to lower your blood sugar if u are a diabetic?
I am a diabetic, and I use food and exercise to lower my blood sugar. I would like to lower it more through food with a moderate amount of exercise. Right now I have to exercise excessively. But, I...

I'm not drawing enough blood from my fingers for my testing strip. Any advice regarding this?
I would like to take the glucose tests from my fingers. I use the Abbott glucose meter called Optium. The lancet gauge is 30. I am very new at using meters as I was just diagnosed with type 2 ...

Does it mean that i am diabetic if I tested this morning and my sugar was 163 before i have eaten anything?
I used a friends at home testing meter this morning before I ate breakfast and it read 163. Can anyone tell me if this is pre-diabetes or diabetes. Is the at home testing meter as accurate as a ...

How is coffee a remedy for diabetes?

Please give some advice ???
im 31 years old. not marriage yet . im a diabetes person and start since 6 months later in this yr. Im very sad about it. i also got diabetes history background from my grandmother and my mom. ...

Is there a cure or something close to a cure for diabetes?

Can you drink beer anymore if you just found out your a diabetic?

Is daily walking a good exercise...just in general...?
I am so busy and have no time after work, so I only walk to from and walk everywhere.
Is that enough for exercise. If not boy I dont know how I would squeeze anything else in.
But I do know ...

Why do some people get diabetes?

My freind tested his blood sugar, the results was 417. How concerned shuold he be?

Is the Atkins diet good for people with Diabetes????
can it prevent diabetes or cure it (can you even cure diabetes, or is it something you'll have forever) ????
Additional Details
I'm not actually interested on going on the diet....

My husband was just diagnosed with diabetes. His blood sugar level was over 500. what does this mean?
I realize this is serious but I don't know what the good and bad levels are. Everything I have found doesn't mention anything about levels being in the 500's. Thanks J...

What does hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia mean?

I am a Diabetic and I need to know if I can bring Insulin and Needles on a Domestic Flight. Can I?

What to eat if sugar dropps?

I think im diabetic, how can i tell without going to the doctor?

Help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
i am diabetic and am 2 month pregnant. is it safe for me to consume honey??
Additional Details
thank you so much for the answer given so far..cant thank you enuff.

mmm can i ...

Sammie
What does it mean when you have diabetes and your feet start to go numb?
How can that be treated? Is it very seious?

Ellie May
lack of circulation

he might just be the one!
Rating
ur blood curculation isnt working right. go into the emergency room now!

Cherrypie
Called Poor Circulation in your legs. Now for treatment, you would have to ask your doc about that. It can be very serious. It could be a pulmonary embolisim which means a blood clot in legs which is stopping the blood from flowing correctly. If the the clot release, it can travel to lung or heart or both. But please go see your doc for treatment

wallycar
Numbness and tingling of the extremities, legs, feet, hands, fingers can all be signs of Diabetic Neuropathy. Once it sets in you have to keep tight control of your blood sugars. It's very painful at times. You may feel like electric shocks are hitting your feet. You need to keep a good HbA1C level at about 6-7.
It's up to your Dr., there is medication for nerve pain.
Neuropathy is due to nerve damage that accompanies poor glucose control. I had it start in 1995, I was very lax about my diabetes and being Type 1, I just didn't care. Now I am 46 and taking better care of myself but the damaging effects are
taking over.

One thing people are not told by their Dr.'s is that this disease killls you from the inside out. That is what has happened with me. It's a cruel disease that many take too lightly. I did and know what a mistake that is.
To anyone who is a diabetic, please listen to your Dr. but also educate yourself as much as you can about your condition. Rely on medical books, articles, Diabetes Self-Management Magazine. Also, with the wide variety of sugar-free items as far as food goes, it's not that hard. There are times that it's difficult to follow but once you get used to it, it's easy. There is groups on Yahoo for Diabetes, join them and listen to others views as well. Take care!

blue-eyez
You're getting poor circulation. That happens to alot of people w/ diabetes. my friends mom ended up losing a foot because of it :(

Jeffrey K
it means you have a problem

Jennifer M
Yes this could potentially be very serious... You need to call your doctor as soon as you can!

puppygirl
Rating
Poor circulation can be one of the side effects of diabetes. See a doctor for advice, they will tell you how to prevent it from becoming serious.

JADE
Watch your sugar level. Eat candy.

pooh
it means you need to see your doctor to get some blood thinners because you have poor circulation. if you don't and this gets worse you could loose your feet.

Roger N
Feet are numb and...
If your feet are cold, poor circulation. Go see the doc.
If your feet are warm, you have a pinched nerve in your lower back. Go see a chiropractor.

obscuritas713
Rating
Diabetics tend to have circulatory problems associated with the disease. If you are feeling numbness in your legs or feet, I would personally consider it a serious thing and go tell a doctor right away. It could mean a serious circulatory problem that needs to be treated. In no way am I saying that this is the point where you are at, but circulatory problems like these in diabetics can lead to amputations if untreated. Amputations used to be prominent amongst diabetics and are not unheard of even today due to the circulatory problems in the issue. But if this is something recent it is probably not that serious. Just go to the doctor and see what he says.

Lisa F
Rating
People that have diabetes are more prone to things like poor blood circulation and nerve damage in their feet. It is called peripheral neuropathy. You need to get your doctor to check your feet ASAP.

Here's a link with info that you might find interesting and to answer more questions that you might have.

http://www.epodiatry.com/diabetic-foot.htm

mr.answerman
A condition called diabetic neuropathy. Due to poor blood sugar regulation the nerves in the feet are slowly destroyed. To help determine this answer these questions. First is it happening to both feet? and is the numbness a foot in sock type meaning the whole foot not just parts. Yes this is serious and you must talk to your doctors to prevent this from getting to the point that you cannot feel your feet, and you have to look at them in order to walk. Work hard to take care of yourself, if you have been then work harder, this does not have to happen. The nerve damage is permanent.

drjh
NEUROPATHY. when a person is diagnosed with diabetes the MD (or hopefully someone) should have explained all about the symptom and long term effects of diabetes. they are alot of different neuropathies which occur. the best of luck to you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy