Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Do you have to apsirate the needle when giving regular insulin injections???
I need a TRUTHFUL answer to this question NO GUESSES PLEASE. Only respond if you know the actual answer. Prefer a nurse or Md answer please....

Is there a special kind of soap that diabetics are supposed to use?
I have been a type 2 diabetic for 6yrs now and I am still learning about the disease. But I am wondering if we diabetics are supposed to use a certain kind of body soap. My skin has been so itchy ...

Is a blood preasure reading of 120/57 dangerous?
it usually runs 180/80 and I am on ...

Is this bad??
So.. i asked another question similar to this but I didn't get any really good answers. I'm 16, 5'2 feet, and 142 pounds. I keep thinking I'm fat so I tried my bmi and it was 26.7....

Society views on diabetes?

What is a normal level of glucose?

Kidney Donor Question?
Can someone with sinus tachycardia controlled with medicine safely donate a kidney to a family member?...

Friend died...caused by diabetes?
My bestfriend died last year at the age of 15. She just collapsed in her house. She didn't have diabetes, and had no symptoms of diabetes. But, some doctors said that she had diabetes and no one ...

Frustrated with JDRF?
I have been diabetic for 12 years... and as much money as my family, friends and I have donated to JDRF, I feel like we (as diabetics) are getting screwed. Lee Iacocca has promising research but I ...

At night my left leg aches all night .it wakes me out of sleep?
i do have ...

Sugar level above 1000 IS BAD?
how bad is it if you have sugar level above 1000? will it be fine after being treated at the hospital but had symptom for 5 days?
Additional Details
No it 1000, my dad was admitted ...

Why are pople who are obese more at risk of developing type 2 diabetes?

How do you get strips for testing blood glucose, to control diabetes?

Can Diabetics donate organs?
I know they can't donate blood, but can they donate their organs?...

4 pounds a week?
i need to loose 3-4 pounds a week
im 144 pounds and 5 ft 3 1/2
i extersize for 30 minutes a night
then do 100 crutches
i know its unhealthy but
last month i was almost ...

Obesity could be defined in terms of weight alone. What would be wrong with this?
I am doing an assignment on obesity and bmi, and need some help with this question. I no what i want to say but can't find the right words, thanks in advance if anyone can help ...

Concieving with diabetes?
i have a situation i found out few months back that im diabetic, at the time before i even seen the doctor ive been trying to have children after my surgery ive had 2 years before trying to concieve. ...

Symptoms of Diabetes?? Is It Hard to Manage??
i am afraid that i might have diabetes!! scared!!!! help please?? preferably people with experience??...

Diabetic coma?
I know when ones sugar levels drop to 2.4 or 3 one goes into a diabetic coma.... The 'normal' is 5 to 7 more or less.
When one goes over to 15 to 30 for example what are the ...

Question for diabetics...?
what type of diabetes do you have?

at what age were you diagnosed?

are you insulin dependent?

do you use an insulin pump? if so, what brand do you use?

Chris L
What does it mean to have thick blood?
A nurse checked my co-worker's sugar level and said she had thick blood, that it's not good. She didn't explain herself. Any ideas?

Another one bites the Dust!
It means that the flow of her blood just might be clogged... It depends on what people eat and take in there body... for example people who smoke regularly have thick blood because of the amount of nicotine in there blood..... People who don't drink enough liquids also have this problem... Blood Clots and so forth.... So it depend on what the person takes in there body and diet.....

fat people have more fat cells than skinny people, duh

Chuck G
Rating
http://www.jigsawhealth.com/articles/thick-blood.html

snopals
Possibly blood that clotted immediately. It may indicate an extremely high number of platelets, super high hemoglobin or some other part of blood that is abnormal. Blood consists of all sorts of things in certain amounts. An extremely high level of something can plug up organs, such as kidney's, liver, & make them quit. Instant clotting could make a heart attack or stroke happen faster. If your co-worker hasn't had a physical recently, she may want to go in & have a complete blood count done.

engineer_pockets
thick blood is harder to pump and it gets stuck easier

Mazher
Chris L !
Thick blood, also known as hypercoagulability, is a condition where the blood is more viscous (thicker and stickier) than normal. The unusual increase in the thickness of blood is due to an abnormality in the clotting process. The thickened blood hinders the circulation of oxygen, nutrients, and hormones and prevents them from being transferred successfully to tissues and cells throughout the body. This may result in widespread nutritional and hormonal deficiencies as well as Hypoxia, a condition in which cells have a low level of oxygen.

To know much more about diabetes
http://diabetes-abc.blogspot.com
http://www.reddiabetes.com

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy