Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Dehydration?
I drink lots of water every day- usually the full 64 oz.- but still feel dehydrated. On Thursday I drank over 64 oz. by 7:00 pm and by 9:00 pm I was dizzy and my mouth was dry. I can't drink ...

My mom has diabetes and i am very worried for her...will there be any hope for curing diabetes?
my mom has diabetes for about 12 years now and it hurts me to see how she struggles everyday and takes insulin, when she had me, she started to have diabetes and i am so lucky to have my mom alive ...

Question about blood work?
i just got my blood work done to check my general health...im curious to know what all do they check with blood work? is there a seperate test for checking your thyroid or diabetes? or does getting ...

If someone who's obese says they're hypoglycemic, are they likely to be wrong, (lying?) or just not "reactive"
My brother is severely overwieght & says he was diagnosed hypoglycemic, but I heard true "reactive" hypoglycemics have great difficulty gaining wieght.

Is there a cause of ...

Do I have diabetes?
I have been feeling really tired and spacey over the last few months. I also have been drinking a lot of water and I have been getting tingling in my hands and feet. Also at work tonight I started ...

Type 1 diabetes please help?
hi sorry to ask but can you let me no as much a you no about type1 diabetes as my 4 year old has it and what happens in the ...

Help.. My sister is diabetic patient .So tell three things to use instead of Sugar .?
+Any recipe will help .
Have a nice day ....

Why and how does diabetes effect your eye sight?

What do you know about Diabetes?

What are some signs and symptoms that you might have diabetes?

Does a diabetic's blood appeal more to vampires?

What are the symptoms/warning signs of diabetes (adult onset)?

If a non diabetic is injected with insulin, can they counter the effects by eating sweets?
I saw it in a movie. The guy injected the girl and went out in the balconey. She ate chocolates and jumped off the balconey and ran.
Additional Details
I meant balcony....

What are the symptoms of Diabetes?

I have a relative with diabetes. How are diabetics supposed to eat?
Because this diabetic i know eats sweets and drinks beer, but claims that he doesnt exactly know what a diabetic can eat, so he eats the stuff he knows he shouldn't eat....

My gf has recently been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes..?
i want to marry her but i dont think my parents will allow once they will know abt her disease and even if they will then they ll remain always tensed coz of it in future,,
what if i dont tell ...

Is walking exercise reduce sugar level in diabetic patients?
Because it is strongly advocated by the Physicians to all patients affected by the Diabeties....

Diabetes question...?
what are the different types of diabetes..and how do you know if you have it??

please explain in detal.....

Do magnets help the swelling of a diabetics foot?
im a diabetic with a swollen foot my doctor says i do not have a blood clot and shoulld be ok ,i was told to wear magnets similar to the arthritis ...

Can athletes get diabetes?
I do about 150kms of cycling and about 6 hours in the gym per week doing spinning and other things, I am 17 and after this I consume TONES of sugar, honey, chocolate, all !

How easily ...

firesofwolf
What does it mean if a glucose reading is 229 two hours after eating, but 91 5 hrs after eating?
I am not diabetic (My mother is) I tested my glucose out of curiousity two hours after eating last night, and it was 229. Then today 5 hrs after eating it was 91.....Why would it be so high one time, then normal the next?

super.lola69
this is what you said..............I am not diabetic (My mother is) I tested my glucose out of curiousity two hours after eating last night, ...............it was high because you tested after eating. dont worry.

James C
Your mother checks her glucose throughout the day because it frequently changes. Your body had digested the food from 2 hours ago at 229, but had more than likely burned off the majority of the sugars (glucose) at the 5 hour mark. Drink a glass of OJ or Apple juice (high fructose) and try again. See what happens

dsp
Rating
you can do alot in 3 hours. since you ate at night u probably just relaxed and you ate somthing sugary. but the next day maybe you ate somthing less sugary and did some activities that involve work and burned out the sugar

i could be wrong since im not diabetic

BAR
see your doctor. It should never read over 140 for a non diabetic person.....

GEEGEE
Rating
Your blood sugar peaks 1.5 to 2 hours after you eat, and then falls as the food leaves your system. I strongly suspect you may be diabetic- 229 is almost 100 points over what your blood sugar should be- anything over 126 is diabetic. Either that, or you used a bad test strip...... test again and if it's that high again, go see a doctor.

doctorevil64
This is what happens when you eat:

At first, the broken down sugars enter your bloodstream, causing your sugar levels to skyrocket.
But high sugar levels set off a biochemical pathway that triggers insulin production, if the body is able to. Insulin mainly signals the body to take the broken down sugars and build them back up in a form called glycogen.
Where glucose floats freely in the blood, causing the high reading, glycogen is stored near the muscles. That sugar is basically stored in a form that can be re-broken down when sugar levels get too low. It's still there, just not floating around. If there is too much or too little sugar in the blood, your cells can't function properly.

Dave
This really depends on what you are eating and what type of insulin you are on (or maybe you are on pills). If you are eating high carb meals, this will spike the blood sugar. If you are eathing veggies and protiens, the carbs in those veggies turn to sugar at a different rate than typical refined carbs. Take notice on the type of carbs, and how those carbs affect your sugar.

Good luck.

casw1
Rating
It's because of the length of time between eating and testing. Also, maybe you ate something with more sugar in it the first time. Everyone's sugar elevates after eating, then declines until your next meal. Therefore, the readings you had are pretty normal. If you're really concerned, then don't eat anything and only drink water if needed after 10pm tonight, test your blood first thing in the morning before eating anything. If it's in the normal range (say, between 80 to 120) then you do not have a problem.

Since diabetis is hereditary, watch what you eat and exercise to avoid this debilitating disease.

chum_chum
Rating
After we eat a meal, our glucose levels in our blood increase due to the digestion of the meal. While the food is being digested in our guts, glucose is being absorbed from the food into our bloodstream. Coincidently, our body secretes insulin, which stores glucose as glycogen in various tissues in our body. This action takes a while to occur, but it allows our blood glucose levels to return to normal (<100). When you checked your glucose soon after a meal, it was high because you had just eaten. Many hours afterwards, after all the excess glucose is stored, your levels became normal again.

People who eat a very high carb/sugar diet can get insulin resistant diabetes, which means that your glucose intake is so high that insulin levels have maxed out and cannot bring your glucose levels down to normal. This is adult onset diabetes type II, and a reason why we should watch out diets, especially as we get older and even more so when we have family members who have diabetes. But don't worry, your glucose levels are normal.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy