Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Type 2 Diabetes Emergency Question?
I am a recently dx'd type 2 diabetic and my sugar readings are 400+ and I've already had my PM shot before dinner and now its spiked is it ok to give myself an extra shot of inslulin to ...

HI MY SUGAR READING THIS MORNING WAS 36 this morning?
then i drank some apple juice to bring it up
Additional Details
is this to low please i need some advice on what to do to bring it ...

What's the chances of me dieing early or other symptoms from not controlling blood sugar for 8 years?
I've had type 1 diabetes sense age 10 and am now 18. I haven't really been all that mature about it but I am really trying to get on course now, but it depresses me knowing that I might ...

Can a person live without their pancreas?

Is it possible to cure diabetes type 2 naturally?
is it possible to cure diabetes type 2 naturally without prescribed medicine and is it possible to reverse ...

Can you get diabetes after having alot of sugar for one day?
or is it a thing were you eat a cinnabun and coke for breakfast and drink coke all day and other sugary foods fpr about a year or two?...

How can i lower my blood sugar?

Why do diabetics suffer from frequent urination during the night?

Blood Glucose Question?
I have just tested myself with a blood glucose monitor ,and the reading was 12.2 UK Two hours ago i ate fish and chips and i had a cup of tea with one sugar. To my knowledge i am not diabetic.S...

What happens if a type 1 diabetic stops taking his long lasting insulin.?
When I was first diagnosed 6 months ago I had to take 17ml of long lasting insulin (Lantus) a night. Over the last 6 months I have had to constantly reduce the level of it. When I got down to only ...

My dad is diabetic and cant feel his toes?
My dad has been a diabetic for like the last 8 years and just recently he has lost feel in his middle toe on both feet....what do you think it is?...

Diabetes question?
How does a diabetic generally feel after eating a lot of sugar? How does he feel when he doesn't eat anything?...

I am a diabetic and have Neurapathy in my legs and feet, is it possible to get it in my hands as well?
Also, can anyone tell me what causes neuropathy? I used to get beat up all the time and am wondering if that might be some of the reason....

Diabetic eating?
im having such a hard time with meals and getting my boyfriend to understand how i have to eat now. he gets upset cause i make alot more salads and veggies and he doesnt like to eat like that. im ...

How do you know if i have diabetes?
wat are some of the clues if you have ...

Does cinnamon lower blood sugar?

I have diabetes why do i have itching?

Okay i'm overweight..should I see my GP about Diabetes?

I'm a very sleepy person, what should i do or avoid from being sleepy, besides in dringking coffee??

I have diabetes II with diabetic neruropathy. Permanent? or something to live with ?
Am currently taking amitriptyline 25 mg and Gabapentin 300mg for numbness in my feet and legs. Is the neuropathy permanent or some thing I will have to live with?...

dmckinner
What does having a glucose test with a result of 116 mean?
I had a bmp yesterday, my nurse said everything was great exept that my glucose was a bit high, however she seemed concerned that I follow it closer. I thought up to 150 was ok. This wasnt fasting or anything. Please, serious answers only.

nabeels
Rating
it means u have a blood sugar level of 116.

and it also means that u r a very sweet person.

gangadharan_nair
Glucose (Sugar) test. Control your blood glucose & do self-monitoring as & when required. (Target: Fasting blood sugar 60-100 mg/dL; Postprandial blood sugar 2 hours after food-Less than 140 mg/dL)

Orlando57
shes wanting to mess with you doctors make money from dinners and freebies from medicine salesmen so 80 to 120 is normal and if the blood work was fasting maybe thats bad but not in a fast forgetaboutit shes a nut

champear
Rating
Don't worry. As someone else said, 70-120 is good for non-diabetics, even though it's been awhile since you ate. Consider getting it checked again the next time you are at the doctor's office.
But really, don't stress!

mlgable
Rating
70-110 is normal so if you were at 116 you were just above the normal range. I would talk to the doc on the phone to see if he wants to do anything more about this or just leave it for now since it is just above normal limits.

HC Investigator
Rating
it means you are normal. not sure why your nurse would think 116 is high.

fun_purple_beach
Rating
116 without fasting seems normal to me, especially if you had eaten within the past 2 or 3 hours. Just be sure to get your blood work done regularly and you should be fine.

Joachin Murrieta
If you were not fasting, then 116 doesn't seem high to me. A fasting glucose of 116 is slightly high....

kathy s
A fasting blood sugar should be between 80 - 120. I don't know how she can say it was high if you weren't fasting. When did you eat last and what did you eat. Usually 2 to 4 hours after eating a normal meal, the blood sugar should be back down to 140. I f you are really concerned, get a fasting/feasting blood sugar test done. You drink this liquid, and they draw blood every few hours. Does it run in your familly? Do you have symptoms? Are you pregnant

Lola
A glucose level for a non-diabetic should be between 60 and 100. It used to be 120 for the high end, but that has changed. A 116 reading isn't that bad especially if it was done after eating, but it could be a warning sign that you're in the pre-diabetic stage. You need to watch what you eat from a carbohydrate perspective and exercise more. A blood sugar level of 150 would be unacceptable for a non-diabetic and would send up all kinds of red flags for your doctor.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, September 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy