Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

It seems I'm always hungry.I eat 3 meals a day, try to eat healthy snacks, and am still always hungry. WHY?
It seems my blood sugar will drop all at once. And I'm hungry every couple of hours. I am a busy person, so it's not that I'm bored. I also get chronic migraines, and am on a lot of ...

If you're a diabetic what does it feel like..?
when you blood sugar is HIGH?

I know that when you are low you feel weak and kind of like you're hungry.

I babysit a 5 year old diabtic and she often tries to explain what ...

Should I get checked for diabetes?
Lately i've been incredibly hungry, eating around 3000 plus calories a day (I'm only 5'7" 160 muscular build). I've always had somewhat a problem with thirst, its hard to ...

Has anyone ever heard of this type of diabetes?
I have somthing that I have heard refered to as Type 1 AB. What it is, is that my body is producing a very small amount of insulin, but my body isnt using the insulin the way it is supposed to. I ...

Diabetic---my blood sugar reads (Canadian measure) 12--14--up and down.?
I am 50 pds overweight, but I have given sugar up entirely over the past year, and I walk now 5 miles every second day....but the blood sugar does go up and down with all the stress around our home. I...

Diabetic father?
I have one daughter ( 2 years old ) , my husband was diagonised diabetics after her birth .. I want to have another baby now and I want to know weather the baby would be harmed from his father's ...

Why does Insulin make you gain weight?
I'm eating healthier and leaner now than I did last year before I went on insulin. Im on Lantus and Humulin R. I've gained 25 lbs and still climbing. Are there any insulins that don't ...

Have a friend who keeps losing weight?
After she eats its takes about a 1 to 2 hours to diest,She has to lay down for 2 hours in severe pain,the pain starts at the top of her stomach and works it way down .she use to waight 95 to 100 lb ...

Symptoms of Diabetes and How do they test for it?
I have a horrid diet and diabetes is very prevalent in my family, I think I may have it. How do they test for diabetes and what are the symptoms?...

Can you get diabetes if your family dont have it?

Brothers hand was amputated, we want to keep the laughter going for him. Any Ideas for new amputee's?
We want to keep him in a positive mood. He is still in hospital and we are planning a welcome home party when the time is right. We are looking for any fun that is related to a new amputee, that ...

Can a diabetic (type 2) drink coffee from starbucks with caffeine. 21 yr old female?

I will try to ask my question better about a snak for dieabetic..?
I take gluecovance pill in the morning and thats all.`I am trying to loose weight, but like something to snak on once inawhile like when watching t v or chating on the computer. Cereal seems to ...

Is it true that cinnamon lowers your blood sugar or diabetes?
My mother is curious....

My mom has diabetes. she is 50 yrs old. she has high blood pressure and is overweight. what type of diabetes s

Can diabiets breath smell of alcohol even if they're not drinking?
The person has type 2 diabiets and his breath has a alcohol. smell. Is there any condition that could cause this in a diabitic?This has cost him jobs?...

Type 2 Diabetes?
Could some one give me some info on type 2 diabetes? Does it cause weight loss? please ...

HELP! i am hypoglycemic and it is really getting sensative. Do you know of any books or anything on it???
I eat close to what i think i am supposed to. but sometimes it justs hits me and i am stuck...literally... if you know anything about it you know what i mean by stuck. anyway i also have some heart ...

I will ask this question one more time. I have a pea size lump under my left neck in my gland, and it is now?
painful to touch or even look up. I have been placed on antiboitics Keflex and it has not worked for the first time. The doctor did bloods tests today. He found out I do not have a sore throat, or a ...

Important omg do i have a disease?
Ok somone just told me that they think i have diabetes or something because i CRAVE for foood ALLL the time and im not even pregnant im only 17. whats the sign of craving?
I drink a lot of water ...

luvely_lady_101
What does 88 mean on a blood glucose test?
I have pre-diabetes and my blood sugar is really low at night and it should be like 100 but my dad also took a test and it was 88 too... what does that mean? Also, after you eat... the level should be less than 180 and mine was 87 is that bad?
Additional Details
My normal level is about 98-112 ish

sorrowlaughed25
Those are good results. Your blood glucose level should be higher at night if you eat late or if there is absorption delays. Your pancreas seems to be matching insulin w/ your glucose intake. Just because you have hypoglycemic episodes at night, doesn't even mean that you have pre-diabetes. You could be hypoglycemic and not be diabetic. Diabetes is high glucose levels from insufficient insulin deliveries, you should be worries about pre-diabetes if your blood sugar levels are high.

grace
Rating
your readings are awesome!
dont worry about that..
unless they start getting out of the range 70-110
and are not aroung that.. thenn start worrying.
but for now..
yrr fine! (:

dingding
Rating
88 is perfect unless you're on insulin and it's nighttime. Since you're only pre-diabetic, 88 is great. After you eat your BG's should ideally be less than 140, not 180. That's too high.

donotbuyakia
Normal glucose is between 70-110, so 88 is fine. 87 two hours after eating is good, also.

JessieWoo
Rating
Depends on when you took your reading. Normal ranges for people are different but should be between 80-100 if you are fasting. 88 is kinda low if it was taken at night. Are you sure that you are pre-diabetic?

cartiphilus
I am Type II diabetic. For a normal, active (non-couch potato, someone who gets a moderate amount of exercise or is very active every single day, and doesn't eat between meals, or eats snacks like ice cream, cookies, sodas, candy bars, pies on a habitual basis which keeps the blood sugar elevated and never lets it drop, bu now and then on an active day it's ok to have the occasional piece of cake or scoop of ice cream or the like) person after at least 5 hours their blood sugar should drop between the 'normal' range of 70 to 110 mg/dl (some doctors believe 70 to less than 120 is acceptable). 'Really low' at night would be perhaps 60 after at least 5 hours after a 'normal' (not exceeding 667 calories or less 'BMR' is 2000 calories a day will sustain your weight) size meal to match your activity level and personal metabolic rate.

I use the One Touch Basic home glucose test meter.
It's results differ from the laboratory method by a factor of 1.2. So I must always calculate what the meter reads. What ever the meter reads I must multiply it by 1.2 so a reading of 88 would give me a true reading of 98.56. This would put my blood sugar in the normal range meaning it's being well controlled. Some sources claim that 2 hours after eating your blood sugar should be around 160 (providing you didn't eat to engorge yourself, three helpings of everything plus lots of high sugar desert). No two people are going to have to same metabolic rate so you can't much compare yourself with your dad. If after two hours from eating a sensible size meal your blood sugar has dropped to 87, then you're doing very well.

ccjskj
Rating
88 and 87 is great blood sugar readings!!! What does your blood sugar usually run? Kids that do not have diabetes sugar should run between 80 and 120. Your numbers are great!!!

Foghorn Leghorn
88 means you're perfect. 87 after eating makes me jealous. The best I can do is about 98. Anything between 70 and 110 is darned good.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy