Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Diabetes food?
my relative (woman, 50 year old) has Diabetes and she wants to know what kind of food she should eat? her diabetes is Adult one and not from childhood.

it would be great if you can provide ...

Amputation of the foot?
Does anybdy have any info/comments?

I have a bone infection in my foot and the doc brought up amputation.

I have diabetes.

I don't want to do it....

Please help ...sugar level 512?
My mom has diabetis, she is taking metformin twice a day
she went to the doctor this morning because she wasnt feeling well. The medical assistant checked her sugar and it was 345
so the ...

If you are not able to eat, is it ok to drink sugar water to prevent from dehydrating?
My fiance is out of the country, and isn't able to eat the food, to prevent dehydration is it ok to drink water with sugar? This will be the only source of nutrition....

What's wrong with my feet?
Im a diabetic who keeps her sugar under control fairly well. My problem is my feet hurt all the time. My job requires me to be on my feet all the time so it would be understandable if my feet would ...

How do high blood sugars affect my health?
Lately i have had high blood sugars in the 300's and I was wondering how they affect my bodys health?
Additional Details
also i have been suffering from a cold lately. i didnt ...

What foods are safe to eat if you are a *Borderline Diabetic?*?
Just got the news today; 33 yr old female...sobb !!!

thanks !...

Can a CNA administer insulin?

Irritability?
why is it that i am so irritable?i only ask this because i have type 2 and i got it from my partinal side.my dad aunts ect........... all have or had(died) it 11 in all......and everyone as they got ...

How can aspartame be more dangerous than sugar?
I think aspartame should be safer to consume, because it is compose the non-calory sugar which is consumed by most of diabetes patients... but i've read that aspartame causes diabetes too, so ...

I am having problems with my diabetes I am 29 and do not want to take medicine any suggestions on my diet?
I have had it for 2 years and have lost 30 pounds in that time I have given up all sugar sweets and all juice and reg. pop but it is still giving me fits how do I win this battle for life without ...

Gestational diabeties??
Hi. Im almost 33weeks pregnant and have gestational diabeties. I am doing as much as i can to keep my sugar levels to a minimum. Have you had gestational diabeties? My doc says that my baby will be ...

Can diabetics take natural honey?

My younger sister has diabetes and she finds it very hard to control her diet any suggestions on how to help?
before she got diabetes she loved chocolate and had a bar or 2 everyday and sweets she didnt get it from weight its in the family my brothers have it too. shes still eating chocolate not as much but ...

What is the causes of diabetes?
My mother is diabetic, and im afraid i also have because i like to eat sweets like icecream and cake. . how will i know the causes of it?...

Diabetes maybe? any sufferers?
For the past few weeks im suffereing from extreme exhaustion, feeling sick all the time, dry mouth, dizzyness. I have been to the docs, and had tests for Anaemia (results not back yet) but iv read up ...

Whether a diabteic patient can drink one glass of citrus (mausambi) juice daily?

25% of ________ have high blood pressure?

Diabetes or am I over-reacting?
have read this book last year, it was about this girl who found out she was diabetic. Well, first she had symptoms of constantly feeling thirsty/hungry & going to the toilet almost straight after ...

What is considered "high glucose"? I have been diagnosed with type 2?
Will a person without diabetes show a 200 ml/dl?...

Get Well Travis and Adam!!!
What can happen if your blood sugar levels are above 350?

Jared S
This signals a major problem. Blood sugars that high over time can ruin your kidneys, leave you blind, and totally kill any sensitivity you have in your feet. Before any of that happens, if you aren't treated, you will likely go into a coma. If you have not been diagnosed diabetic, then you definitely need to see someone ASAP. If you have been diagnosed as diabetic and you are taking medication, it probably needs to be adjusted. There is no reason your blood sugar ever needs to be that high, and if it is happening that often, something definitely needs to be changed. I have only had one reading over 300 since I found out I was diabetic and had to go on insulin.

By the way, if you don't know, the best time to test your blood sugar is two hours after you begin a meal. It should be at it's highest at that time.

N M
Rating
Oh just a diabetic coma, possibly death. If you are on insulin and took it recently and its still that high, it can signal a problem.
You really need to go to an ER or call your dr to find out more info.

RIVERKID
Rating
At 350, is not a good sign. Above 350, you're asking for problems. In reality, there is no reason for your blood sugar to reach a level that high. You need either an adjustment in insulin or medicine (depending on whether you're type 1 or 2). Keeping your sugar at that level is only creating future problems for your body.

Cammie
Rating
take your medication and drink lots of water and rest.
No need for the ER if you are in the 300's.
You should have already worked this out with your doctor.
If you have questions, call your endocrinologist.

Kiibigsis
If you've just eaten, for a diabetic that's normal. People without diabetes have normal numbers anytime they test (I've done that with my Mom). If you're over 350 and you haven't eaten recently you're hyperglycemic and need to take insulin with your next meal, knock off some of the carbs, or do some exercise. When I was diagnosed my sugars were in the 700s and (obviously) I didn't die because it was immediately put under control. So if it's a little over don't freak out.

kay_flood
Rating
depends on when they are that high. If you have recently eaten a meal loaded with simple carbs or sugars, then you can expect high sugars. If you have sugars that high when you haven't eaten in eight hours, then you are diabetic and need to see a doctor, untreated diabetes can kill you.

Sunny
Rating
You could suffer a diabetic coma and it's possible that it could lead to death. If you have a glucose reading of 350 on a regular basis, then you need to alter your diet and see your doctor. You may need insulin. Untreated, diabetes can cause blindness, loss of limb(s) and death just to name a few.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy