Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Has anybody here got an insulin pump if yes which one and is there a way i can contact u on email ?????

Only diabetics. Is it really strict hours to be observed and strict portion controls and exercise. insight pls

Is hypoglycemia and low blood sugar the same thing??

Hypoglycemic/hyperglycemi...
I am confused. If I consume too much sugar then after a little while my blood sugar drops really low; I get weak and shaky and even feel faint. Which one of these would I have?...

What is a normal blood sugar for adults?

I think my symptoms may be diabetes?
I am 24 years old and have maintained a relatively healthy lifestyle. But my father has kidney issues (he has has two transplants) and is now dieing of liver cancer and he has diabetes. Recently I ...

I have hypoglycemia, what should I do?
I have gone to the doctor and have had the 5 hour testing done. It's scary when I do go through a spell. I use recess peanut butter cups to bring it back up. Sometimes it works and other times ...

Other than going to the doctors what should i do for imemia?? (iron defencey)?
im 14 and im always tired and i sleep the 10 hours recomended but im still always tired. im scared to go to the doctors so what should i do??...

Is 150 blood sugar level very high for a 63 yrs old?

What is normal blood sugar with fasting and after food?

How can the fasting blood sugar be 106 and the blood sugar an hour after a meal be 85?
On two occasions that my blood was tested, the fasting blood sugar was above normal (106), but the blood sugar an hour after a meal was within limits (85).

Isn't this an anomaly?
<...

Diabetes? My symptoms;?
Okay. So lately, I've been really thirsty, like, so much more TIRED then i usually am, constant urination [ew i know.] and sometimes, i dont even drink alot because i hate going to the bathroom ...

How often should I check blood sugar??
I'm hypoglycemic, and was wondering if there should be a certain pattern of how often I check my sugar to make sure it didnt drop dramatically/starting to drop....

Can someone with diabeties take anti depressants? Thanks?
I only take tablets and not injections for diabities but very depressed and wonder if I can saftly take a mild anit-depressant?...

I want to abandon to inject insulin daily, if you've alternative, & you've used instead of insulin, plz tell m
Becasue My Mother is diabetic patient she has kept using insulin she irritate to keep injecting insulin....

Is my blood sugar normal?
Lately i've been having extreme thirst and hunger, frequent urination, fatigue, blurred vision, and irritability. I was checked for diabetes 2 months ago, but my symptoms are not improving and i&...

How serious is Vitamin D deficiency?
I found out that I have very low levels of Vitamin D. My doctor prescribed me a Vitamin D tablet (1000mg) a day. My fiancee and I are going to try to have children in about 10-11 months and I am ...

I have diabetes and a severe foot proble,??? serious answers only?
I have had diabetes for 7 yrs and have developed sores on the bottom of my right big toe that gets debreeded every week and now i have a sore on my heel of the same foot. my question is they took a ...

Fasting and Diabetes 2-- Is it safe?
Is it safe to go fasting if you are type diabetes 2? I want to fast for 24 hours and wanted to know if anyone has done it....

Im diabetic..is there a good sugar free no fat icecream out there??

jmounts15
What can cause a coma?
Well I know what causes a coma but can a coma be caused by any of these?

Loss of blood,
Pain,
Fainting,
Child birth, or
Passing out?

Chris B
My fists of pain.

Abuser
Rating
Unicorns farts can cause them to.

FarOut
Dumb questions on Yahoo! Answers may cause a person to go into a coma.

Laura H
Are you asking this as a general question or are you asking this as related to the health category that it is in Diabetes?
Yes all of the things that you mentioned coudl cause you to go into a coma--but with diabetes, you have to look for warning signs as well. If your blood sugar gets too low or too high, you can go into a diabetic coma. The normal range is
70-120mg/dl before a meal and it should be 140 before a meal and that is what the ADA recommends. Visit the American Daibetes website for more information on this.
If you are asking about this as related to fainting. Go to www.ask.com and post this question there for response as well.

Mr. Peachy®
Rating
Loss of blood, if not remedied. The others?? I don't think so.

dances with unicorns
A coma might be caused by blood loss if it resulted in subsequent brain damage; pain, fainting, passing out, or childbirth in and of themselves are not causitive factors for coma. Coma is the result of significant brain injury.

MousieZ
Rating
pain, like that of childbright can cause you to faint, not go into a coma. Loss of blood can cause you to lose consciousness, which can lead to a coma...
Coma is caused by severe brain trauma, like swelling within the brain, or bleeding.
But,no, none of the reasons you say could cause a coma, except loss of blood, which you could die from.

lilcutie98
Rating
Causes of coma:

* Diabetes. Blood sugar levels that get too high (hyperglycemia) and stay too high or get too low (hypoglycemia) and stay too low can result in a coma.
* Infections. Certain viral and bacterial infections can cause encephalitis, an inflammation of the brain, and meningitis, an inflammation of the membranes and fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Severe cases of encephalitis and meningitis can result in a coma.
* Organ failure. Liver failure may disturb your metabolism to a degree high enough to cause a coma. Kidney failure also may cause a coma.
* Reye's syndrome. This rare but serious condition that can affect the blood, liver and brain is linked to giving children aspirin and can result in coma.

Anatomic causes of a coma result in disruption of the normal physical structures of the brain responsible for consciousness. Often, alcohol is a contributing factor to injuries leading to an anatomic cause for coma. Some of the primary causes of injuries that result in a coma with an anatomic cause are:

* Transportation accidents
* Acts of violence, such as assaults and child abuse
* Suicide attempts involving firearms
* Sports activities

These injuries may cause a coma because of how they affect the brain. Skull fractures can result in pieces of the skull pressing into the brain. If a foreign object pierces the skull, localized injury to the brain can occur.

Fractures can also bruise the brain (contusion), causing brain tissue to swell. Damage to major blood vessels in the brain can cause bleeding into and around the brain (hematoma). Severe brain injury also can result from a lack of oxygen to the brain, common with near-drowning victims.

Anatomical causes of comas that aren't the result of physical trauma include brain tumors and strokes. When a stroke occurs at the base of the brain (brainstem), a common side effect is a coma.

These are the causes of coma. I don't think pain can lead into coma. Fainting, well, the reason why u faint is because of a stroke and you didn't wake up after fainting then that is coma.
Child birth? I don't think so. Unless something happened during delivery like too much anasthesia during a C section and the mother didn't wake up after that. Loss of blood will lead to hypovolemia or shock and if it is not treated thus the patient will die.

hope this help

Bay Point
A severe hypoglycemic episode.

RIVERKID
I don't know about any of those, but seeing this question was asked in the diabetes forum, extremely high blood sugar can definitely result in a coma, and if left untreated, death.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy