Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Can I have a glass of red wine. I am on humalog as needed and Lantus once daily in the morning.?
My cholesterol is just a little bit high and I read that a glass of red wine now and then is good to bring up the good cholesterol numbers. I just want like half a glass every other day. Is it okay ...

What causes a sudden black out in people?

I think i might be diabetic, i have some of the symptoms (unexplained rashes, going pee more often, almost alw
*always thirsty, ect ect... i have no way of telling how high my sugars are coz i dont have a tester thing... i passed out in church the other day and i think its coz i ate toast with sugary jam.........

If you have a healthy weight and have no history of diabetes in your family can you still get it?
also whats the diff between type one and type 2...

How quickly do test strips spoil ansd how often should you test?

Do diabetics prefer to be with other diabetics in relationships?

Does anyone know of a place to purchase stylish Medic Alert bracelets or necklaces?
I just read a story about a man who is diabetic who was going into diabetic shock (really low blood sugar.) He was on an Amtrak train and thinking he was intoxicated, they put him off the train and ...

Blood sugar 467... how dangerous?
My father has diabetes and takes his medication every day but doesn't watch what he eats or check his sugars. He had a liver transplant in 2003 and shortly after developed diabetes which is ...

I have type 1 diabetes and my sugar keeps dropping in between meals-I'm not doing any extra activity?
and following nutrition/insulin ...

Health or Wealth?
Few rich people I knew are dying from their uncurable illnesses, and most probably you knew some too. Would you be rather healthy living so poorly?...

My mother has recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes...?
My maternal grandmother also had diabetes. What are the chances that I will develop it at some point? What can I do to prevent it? How should I modify my diet?...

My mate is diabetic and i'm also trying to look out for her how should i react?
i feel like her mum the way i'm always looking out for her and i never seem to see ...

Does pain elevate glucose?
I have an uncomfortable pain in my right shoulder
area for more than a month and my glucose
have been averaging 160 upon awaking. Does
pain effect the glucose readings?...

Regarding Diabetes???
My dad is a diabetic and I would like to know if anyone knows when he should take his insulin shot - should it be before a meal or after? Thanks:)...

DIABETES - new help in place of self-injection? What? When? Where?

Imgoing to be grounded what do i do?
do i avoid the subject and stay away?
do i just take it or ...

Whats wrong with me? do i have diabetes?
Im 13 and a girl, im tied and hunry a lot, and im very sleep during the day but most of all when i stand i get very dizzy and lightheaded, i have to sit down or i will fall over....

What is the best diet to follow if Diabetes runs in your family?
My grandmother and great grandmother has/had diebetes.. my grandmother controls hers with insulin.... I had Gestational Diabetes with my first pregnancy but not with my second... I know certain ...

What foods lower suger in your body?
My son is 8 years old and sad to hear not only does he have ADDHD but his doctor found out he has a high glucose count and lower iron. are there any foods my son can eat and enjoy that will lower ...

I have type 2 diabetes and my dr put me on lantus insulin and i take metformin she keep telling me to increase
my lantis 5 units and it still staying 250 450 is it not baqd to have your sugars that ...

???
What are normal Blood Sugar levels in 2 or 3 year old healthy kid.?
Family history
1) Mom was diagnosed with type 2 at 38 years and started on insulin at 49 years.
2) Dad was daignosed with type 2 at 49/50 and went on insulin at 65.
3) One brother (out of two) was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at 9 years.
4) I had gestational diabetes in first pregnancy and was started on insulin from 12th week (started with 5 NPH). I had very good control during pregnancy though.
Tested 7 times a day. Made drastic changes to my diet. Very few times my levels were above normal. Target was 130 after 1 hour. and less than 90 fasting. I was within range 90% of the time.

My child's readings.

My kid is 2 1/2 year old now. Her 2 hour test was 115. Tested at home after dinner.

Her Dinner was,

1) White Rice cooked (2/3 cup)
2) peas and paneer curry
(Peas 2 about tsps,
cheese half ounce,
tamato + onion gravy 2tsp.)
3) Plain yogurt 1/3 rd cup.
4) Bite size snickers bar.

She took her main meal in about 25 mins and ate her snickers 10 mins later.

Mazher
http://www.diabetes.org/for-parents-and-kids/diabetes-care/CheckingBG.jsp
informative site

Rex B
Rating
Sounds normal for a child.

http://diabetes.webmd.com/default.htm

Tapestry6
The best reading is first thing in the morning 90 is a good reading.. but the child had white rice that would elevate it to the 115. I don't think you should get paranoia over it. Just have the child checked once or twice a year by the doctor.

gargoyle
Rating
She's in the normal range, no worries.

awaken.dawn
Rating
She is within normal limits now.....better to get her used to a 'less sugar' food.

sue
Rating
A huge misinformation is that children get type 1 period!! Type 1 is caused by injury or illness that kills the pancreas ability to produce insulin.

Uh! Why are you serving such high glucose level foods when you are at such high risk of developing type 2 diabetes yourself??

Get thee and thy family on low carb food plan that kept you in such good health during your pregnancy!!! It will not hurt the baby to not have high glucose foods at all. It will do you much good to do without those foods as well.

It makes for a happy healthy family if everyone learns to eat low carb! Sugar is a learned experience, it is not necessary to happiness.

aphrodite
Rating
If your child is thriving and not showing any symptoms of diabetes, then why are you checking her blood levels. It is totally uneccessary for you to be doing this. Yes, you have a family history..your mom and dads diabetes where caused by lifestyle factors, hence type 2 diabetes. Your brother, obviously has type 1 diabetes. Your gestational diabetes is common during pregnancy, but is an indicator that you may develop diabetes as your mom and dad did later on in life (although you can help prevent this with lifestyle choices). I can understand your concern, but its uneccessary unless you have been adviced to do so by the medics.

the.bunnyo
Rating
Normal for anyone - kids or not is approximately 90-145. Anything over 200 and you can look at diabetes as something to be investigated.

Having had gestational diabetes you do have a higher chance of developing T2 diabetes - exercising and watching what you eat can definitely make a HUGE difference.

A non-diabetic will have almost no fluctuation with their eating - whereas a pre-diabetic can.

In children that young - they will get Type 1 diabetes - or juvenille as some people call it.

115 is just fine.

Just look out for other symptoms. Excessing thirst, frequent urinating, lethargy without normal reasoning, sweet smelling breath.

Check out websites such as www.diabetes-book.com and read up on it more.

I am a type 2 diabetic diagnosed at age 39.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy