Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Does it have to be a name brand oat cereal to lower Cholesterol.?

Do any of you diabetics have pain in your feet and hands...?
that causes you trouble to walk or use your hands normally?
if so what do you do to help it? what causes it? thanks for your help......

Name foods,snacks and junk food you can't eat if you are diabetic?

When are they going to find a cure for Diabetes?

My dad is diebetic and he cant resist sweet foods?
my dad is suffering from diabetes and He is on pills daily. Usually he was interested in sugary foods but now after diabets he has become greedy about sweet food. I am amazed at the turnaround. How ...

If you are diabetic will it hurt you to add 3 packets of sweet and low in your tea per glass?

How does a person with diabetes control it? I have it and I'm having trouble controling it.?

I'm a diabetic. Passed out yesterday. Tested my Blood sugar, it was 42. Should I call my doctor?
I have type 2 diabeties. I take 5mg of glyburide aday. I have lost over 40lbs since I was diagnosed 2 years ago....

No Carbs, No Sugar for Type 2 Diabetes?
I was recently told by the doctor that I had type 2 Diabetes about 1 1/2 weeks ago. The doctor then prescribed for me to take Metformin at 1000mg a tablet to bring my blood sugar level down. I ...

I am diabetic and i just ate a grape now i feel bad what should i do?

What is the remedy for diabetic patients?

Can type II diabetes live with out Medication?
My brother had diabetes for 8 years and he is 48 years old new, he never take any diabetic medicine but exercise, his blood surger around 160 to 180 after two hours of the meal and under 120 in the ...

Are nuts permitted for a diabetic?
Can a diabetic include nuts in his diet?...

Diabetes Type 2 query? Diagnosis and every day living.?
How does a 40yr old newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetic control neuropathy when they already have Cerebral Palsy and a spinal injury caused by a wheelchair basketball accident? My uncle had Type 1 and ...

When your diabetic what foods should you avoid?
I just found out some one I know was diagnosed with diabetes but I want to help keep her on track by keeping an eye on the foods she eats. Can some one give me a list of those foods?...

HOW FREQUENT is the thirst in diabetes?

Is piercing my nose a good idea?
i am a type 1 diabetic!...

I think my life is ruined with diabetes how can I deal with this!!?
Hey I really need help! I was trying out for the football team at my highschool and the coach told me I should try to gain some weight if I wanted to make the team. My friend is a body-builder so I ...

Can my blood sugar raise if I don't eat?
My mother in law has just found out she has diabetes her bllod sugar was a little hight this moring so she did not eat she took her blood sugar before she ate does your blood sugar raise if yo don...

What is the best juice to drink in the am for diabetics.?
I've been drinking 6-8 oz of oj but have been told it has too much sugar. I have a large bowl of very high fiber cereal with my juice in the morn. ( I mix shreeded wheat, oatmeal, wheat germ, ...

Tony T
What's good for blood circulation?

a_mom
Rating
Do you have a small trampoline? I had a friend who had blood pooling in his legs, and started jumping on the mini tramp, and the circulation improved enough for the blood to quit pooling. She kept it up and hasn't had the problem since.

undecided
massage before and after walking

Devilskillz
water

Griselle L
Rating
Well, you could have a good quality of life (healthy food, exercise, etc).
We have two circulatory systems, Arterial and Venous circulatory systems. Exercise and diet is good for both but they have different risk factors.

Here is a list of risk factors contributing diseases for arterial disease.
1. Diabetes: Atherosclerosis (arterial disease) is more common among diabetics and occurs at a younger age. It causes hardening of the arterial wall in the legs. It causes higher incidence of gangrenous changes and, ultimately amputations.
2. Hypertension: Systemic hypertension is associated with a greater incidence of coronary arterial disease and increase the change of stroke.
3. High Cholesterol: because they are insoluble in water, elevated plasma liquid are closely associated with development of arterial disease. Notice that high cholesterol either could be genetically or associated to your diet.
4. Smoking: Studies have demonstrated that the chemical in cigarettes irritate the arterial walls in addition to causing vasoconstriction.
5. Other risk factors are age, family history, and male gender.

Now, once you have discover you already have bad arterial circulation you could exercise regularly and consistently to promote the development of collateral circulation. Stop smoking since nicotine has been shown to cause vasoconstriction.

Risks factors for blood clots in the veins (DVT, Deep Vein Thrombosis) are venous stasis, trauma/ damage to the vein and hypercoagulability. Prevent venous stasis by limiting long periods of inactivity. Various methods of promoting venous drainage include wearing support hose, elevating legs and reducing weight. Remember, when taking a trip that involve long periods of inactivity (like plane or driving) make sure you move your legs to promote venous circulation.

Daddy's girl
Rating
In excersizes : arobics,

in vitamins : niacin. or niacinimide(*time release)

Celia W
apparently exercise

CHERYL S3
hot peppers, elevating legs and exercise to get the large muscles squeezing all the blood back to the lungs and heart. drink fluids and stay away from the salt.

sicshady
Rating
Stretching and exercising will do the trick.

Try dancing or shaking ^_^

Wise Rabbit
Rating
A GOOD WORK OUT!!!

WOILA! JEROME CONERAS
Its proven that daily intake of Vitamin E will help a good blood circulation and for rejuvination of skin cells.

Intake of Vit E depends on every persons reaction, so please consult a doctor first before taking it up, just for u to make sure if its safe, and for you to have alternative idea just in case vit e wont work for you

Missy
Rating
Exercise and massage.

peterbilt197
Rating
Cardio-vascular exercise. Anything that gets the heart pumping good.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, April 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy