Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

I have had Diabetes for around 3 months now and im starting to eat lots more is this bad?
Well like i said i have had diabetes (type 1) for around 3 months and now im starting to get my apetite back because for a period of time i havent been hungry but now im eating lots more but the ...

Is it safe for someone whom does not have Diabetes to eat a Diabetic Diet?
My husband has been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and High Cholesterol. In supporting his "new" Diabetic diet, I have opted to be on a Diabetic Diet with him. Also, my daughter is 10, and ...

My husband is diabetic but needs to lose weight - ideas?
He is a tall bloke but does need to lose a couple of stone, but he works physically and gets hungry. Any sensible suggestions for food to fill him up..... meals are not so much of a problem.... but ...

Whats something, besides water I can drink that has no sugar????
due to D...

How is diabetes treated?
how is diabetes treated?...

My husband has type 2diabetes his left foot is nearly always cold any suggestions as the nurse is hopless?

I just ate a whole box of oreos . will i get diabetes?

How do i get my blood sugar down from 447?

If the blood sugar level of a diabetic person suddenly get low, what should that person do to recover from it?

Diabetic person after consuming sweet food, takes plenty of water, will it reduces blood sugar level?

Is it safe for a diabetic to drink cider?.?

Can I be to young at 36 to have type 2 diabetes?

Do you think diabetes is a disease??

Are dots a sign of diabetes ????
ok so i have been seeing dots infront of my eyes for the past two years and they keep comign closer. i think it might be diabetes becasue it runs in my family. i think i might go blind.
what do ...

What's it like living with diabetes???

What are the symptoms of diabetes?

Who should be resonsible?
patient suddenly given 24 hrs to live to family and dies of lukeima....

Is Diabetes as deadly as AIDS and Cancer?

What age do you have to be to get diabetes?

DIABETES Restroom???
MT FRIEND JESSICA SHES BESIDE ME SHE TOLD ME TO ASK YALL.....SHE SAYS SHE GOES TO THE RESTROMM LIKE 12 TIMES A DAY AND THAT SHE CAN SLEEP UP TO 12 HOURS ANS STILL BE SLEEPY DOES THAT MEEN SHE HAS DIAB...

doctor_76
Type 2 Diabetic and my average blood sugar level is 90 to 100, is that good or bad?
I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in March of 06. I have been taking Actoplus Met (or is it Actomet Plus?) since then and my blood sugar levels are an average of 90 to 100, no higher than 115. Is that a good level to stay at or do I need to get down into the 80's and try and stay there. I can usually pull off maybe 2 or 3 days in a week where my morning blood sugar level is in the 80's but mostly it stays in the low 90's. I am just curious as to what is a good, better, & best blood sugar level?

drthpirmez
Rating
Very good, too good for type II average can be 130-140...

porcelina222
Rating
If you want a really good answer, you need to ask you doctor what an ideal blood sugar would be.

However, the quickie answer is you are doing wonderful. Blood sugar checks in the 80-90's are wonderful. Normal fasting blood sugars in non-diabetics are under 110, and random blood glucose levels shouldn't be above 125 or so. You are doing fantastic by staying in the 80-90 range.

skcs69
You are doing just fine, dont go below 90.

dances with unicorns
Sounds like a good level to me; 80 is a little low, as that's the low end of the "normal" range.

BAR
sounds as if you are doing great. 2 questions what are you a1c's and what does your doctor say. Thats all that counts. If your doctor is pleased with where you are and your a1c is good/great then you are good/great!

Aldo 78520
that sounds like a good range. My blood sugars in the a.m. range from 57 - 78 and in the evening they range from 77 - 113. Currently i am taking Lantus 35cc (25cc in morning and 10cc in the evening) I had neglected my medications and diet so was hospitalized for hyperglycemia, it was an awful experience. Take care of yourself.

diagnosed in March of 2004 as type 2 diabetic.

Ken
I am a type 2 diabetic, diagnosed April 2006, initially with random blood glucose of 300, a1c of over 11.

Now through weight loss from high protein, low carbohydrate diet and dietary suplements, I keep my blood glucose in the 88 - 120 ranges, with a1c of 5.7 for the last two three-month tests.

Your readings are good. Read about the beneficial effects of high protein, low carbohydrate diet, and try to wean away from and get off of medication.

Beware of going too low on blood sugar; you can go into a hypoglycaemic coma. Definitely have a1c tested every three months.

Alan S
Those are excellent fasting numbers. Of course, lower may be better provided you don't have hypo problems trying to achieve it.

Other numbers you may wish to check are your HbA1c and your peak post-prandial (after-meal) numbers to get an overall picture of your diabetes control.

answerme
Rating
The numbers you're averaging are quite good. I would say that 80's and 115's are at the outer limits that you should definitely not go beyond.

Another thing to consider: Pay attention to your body and its symptoms when you are approaching the outer limits of high or low for clues as to what is too low or too high for YOU, as others may have different, subtle limits which are affected by their metabolism, their current weight, how much sleep/rest they're getting, etc.

From Lab Tests Online:

Fasting Blood Glucose

--From 70 to 99 mg/dL (3.9 to 5.5 mmol/L) Normal glucose tolerance

--From 100 to 125 mg/dL (5.6 to 6.9 mmol/L)
mpaired fasting glucose (pre-diabetes)

--From 126 mg/dL (7.0 mmol/L) and above on more than one testing occasion
Diabetes

dukefan86
Rating
Those numbers are very good! Keep up the good work! You must be eating healthfully.

If you want more consistent numbers in the 80s, exercise usually helps, and shedding excess weight (if it's an issue for you) is key.

Meagan W
Under 100 is great, especially if you have been diagnosed with type 2 :-) great job!

Cammie
Rating
How can you have diabetes for almost a year and not know what your sugar should be ? This is upsetting.

Are you seeing your endo every four months ? What does he/she say ?
Have you taken a diabetes ed class ?Have you kept up on the latest research and done all the reading on diabetes you possibly can?
Your sugars are fine but Honey, you are a mess. Educate yourself.
Why didn't anyone else mention that ???

Doris D
Rating
That's great! keep up the good work! Sounds like you have 1 of the best bs I've seen sure not mine as of late!

CWinLV
Rating
Congratulations on your good blood sugar control! New guidelines state that "normal" blood sugars fall between 70 and 110, however, only your physician can determine what is best for you.

In addition to your daily checks, ask your physician about performing the Glycosylated Hemoglobin A1C test every three months or so. The A1C test measures long term blood sugar averages over the past 2-3 months. Diabetics are generally advised to keep their A1C numbers around 7, but once again, only your physician can determine what is best for you.

It sounds as if you are on the right track. Good luck!!

lifetime rocker
Rating
90 to 100 is pretty good don't go any lower.

Michael F
Rating
Those levels are just fine. Aim to keep it below 115 but I would definitely keep it above 80. If you get low it's called hypoglycemia and you could pass out.

ww_je
Rating
You should understand that Type 2 is not a simple, one note, sort of problem. There are Type 2's who don't need medication, just some exercise, weight loss and care in eating (less junk food). some, like you need only a little intervention, others fail to respond to the usual first level drugs, the sulfonylureas, and will move on, most likely, to insulin.

For all of them, the object of diabetes management is to keep blood glucose as close to normal as possible, for it's been shown very clearly in several large studies of both Type 1 and Type 2, that the closer patients get to 'normal levels" the fewer complications they have -- eye problems, kidney problems, wound healing and circulation, etc.

Normal in most humans is between around 80 and perhaps 110 mg/dl, while fasting, and perhaps up to 140 or so for a couple of hours after a meal. The Hba1c reading, which is a kind of average of the last 90 days or so of your blood glucose levels, should correspond.

So, if the readings you give are actually your usual fasting values, and if you don't go really high after a meal for a long time, you're just fine. When you check is important, for a single check in the morning isn't enough. Your blood glucose levels will change regularly, from minute to minute, depending on what and how much you ate, how much and when you get some exercise, and so on.

It's dangerous for your blood glucose too low, and how low is too low varies a bit with the individual. Typeically below 60 or so, people begin to have hypoglycemic symptoms, which are not to be taken lightly. If they go too far down, they're dangerous.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy