Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible for a skinny person to get Diabetes?

Do I have diabetes?
I'm really skinny, but my blood sugar was 124. I'm 10..so I dont no.....

Can diabetes be cured?

Is it possible I have diabetes? My grampa says I have some symptons.?
I get thirsty after anything I eat. ANYTHING. Whether it's a sugary sweet or a piece of fruit, I get thirsty. Is that normal? I also need the bathroom more frequently than I remember when I was ...

What was your sugar reading when you were diagnosed with diabetes?

Do you have diabetes?
I have diabetes and i got it when i was 3 how old were you when you got diabetes?...

Iam addected to sugar and my grandpa of my dad's side has diabities iam i at risk?

Additional Details
it was just my graandpa form my dad's side of the family and my mother cusion who have ...

Ok does this sound like diabetes? i've been to the doc but havent got my results back yet and realy scared.
1)realy bad dizzy spells + bluryness
2) sickness
3) i get ill realy easily (i've been ill every holiday)
4) feel hungary all the time
5) feel tirsty all the time
6) need ...

Can high blood sugars cause a person to be aggressive????????

I have diabeties and i dont take my meds at all but i have faith in god so i know im ok?
but doc say i could die or lose patrs why??...

Is type1 diabetes dangerous to a 5 year old boy?
:(...

How do i carry my insulin on the plane ??
I am flying to florida in a few weeks and am having a bit of a nightmare deciding what to do with my insulin!!! I have contacted the sirline and informed them i will be carring needles and insulin ...

Fasting blood test?
im going having one next week and have been told to eat or drink nothing for the 12 hours before,what would happen if i was to eat or drink something on the morning of the test before i hd the test,...

How do you know if you have Diabetes?
Without a blood test? or a pinch test of you blood?.......

Any cure for diabetics without pills and without injection?

Would it be ok to inject my insulin through clothes?
I am going to a wedding and am planning on wearing a dress as i won't be able to hitch it up at the table during the reception to inject into my abdomen I wondered if it would be ok to inject ...

I have known of persons who had diabetes and some have had limbs amputated or have gone blind. Why is this?

Ive been denied ssi benefits.am a below the knee amputee,diabetic with severe depression/nuropathy what now?

I have Diabetes type 1 and I have had it for around 6 years, I'm 14, when do you all think there'll be a cure?

Is Coke Zero okay for someone with Diabetes???
I was just diagnosed with Diabetes 4 days ago, and I am addicted to Coca-Cola, obviously I have to change the way I am eating and drinking, I thought I could change to Coke Zero but when I was ...

Pickles ok?
Are pickles ok to consume if your diabetic? According to this site they are not, but I wanted to get second opinion.

Here's the site:
http://home.earthlink.net/~astrology/diabetes.htm

deej
Rating
if u dont mind constant trips to the hospital...

kids and cats
If you're talking about dill or kosher dill, they are OK - you just keep in mind their high sodium (salt) content.
Gerkins, bread & butter pickle - those that are sweet would have to be calculated into your exchanges.

robbet03
I have heard that they are, but check with your doctor.

llll_bouncer_llll
Looking at that website sounds like it has some kind of holistic healing crap. They site no evidence or proof. I eat pickle all the time. I eat meat all the time. I do try to limit my carbs and sugars.

Eat also greans too.

Chris
Does the diabetic have high blood pressure? If not, pickles are ok.

modelchick
Rating
why dont you ask your docter

zippythejessi
Rating
Regular dill, sour, or half-sour pickles are fine. They're just the veggies with some vinegar, salt, garlic, and spices.

Stay away from sweet pickles or bread and butter type ones-those have added sugar.

If you're buying jarred ones - read the labels and see if there's sugar added in the ingredients.

Dr. Nick
Rating
If you are a diabetic, pickles should be avoided!

Moose
Rating
Sure you can eat a few ( 2 or 3) but not the whole jar . Pickle juice is great for heart burn.

Rain--
Rating
im not shure ask a spiecalist

omapat
As a diabetic, I have also had high blood pressure and now renal failure & on dialysis. I stay far away from them.
A sliver or too won't harm you but even without the HBP the sugar and salt content should tell you there are not the best value for your health.

confused_but_certain
Rating
not the best thing really

Kimberly T
Rating
Becareful of the salt

♫Heather Luvs Incubus♫
Rating
my parents are diabetic they love pickles

there numbers are always good

so i would say yes

Apple Pie
Rating
No they are not the site is right!

t t
see ur doctor

Andrea F
No, most pickles are not okay if you are diabetic because they contain sugar or high fructose corn syrup. Read the labels - the only ones that don't have sugar are dill pickles. Good luck.

knewknickname
Well, this site looks to be a case of taking a series of truths and weaving it into something else.

Pickles are carbo, but not much, and most of tht would be complex and not a huge glycemic load. But it has SALT, and lots of it. If you are a diabetic with any degree whatsoever of kidney (renal) damage, especially if you have even micro amounts of protein in your urine; in that case, salt is the enemy. This is also true if you are a diabetic with high blood pressure (hypertension). But if your kidneys are good and blood pressure normal, it's a heck of alot better to eat a pickle than something deep fried or junk food or candy.

itskind2bcruel
Rating
pickles are fine if you don't eat the whole damn jar. dill pickles would be best since they are not sweetened. anything can be worked into a meal plan. you shouldn't deprive yourself. pickles might be bad for you if you have high blood pressure because of the salt content. i eat dill pickles a lot in my tuna fish and on my salmon and they haven't caused me any problems. it's all an individual thing. eat a few and see how your body reacts.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy