Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Why do diabetics loose their vision?

How to reduce high blood pressure?
I'm worried about my sister!!! (Actually, she doesn't know I'm on Yahoo! Answers right now. Thank god she doesn't have a Yahoo account. -_-)
She's 15, overweight and has ...

I know bananas are rich in pottasium but what is potassium used for in the body?

Diabetes Blood sugar 3 hours after dinner near bed time?
Hi, I bought a blood sugar test kit after as I've been experiencing allot of the symptoms for diabetes, Im 23 also about 40 lbs overweight and Diabetes runs in the family. I tested my self 3 ...

What is the best kind of doctor to see to treat type 1 diabeates?

Help me with my diet. please!!!!?
can you please reccommend me some LOW calorie foods that I can eat to help lose a few pounds.

Or reccomend me a site that will help me develop a healthy low cal diet.

Im 5'...

Does diabetes cause you to gain wieght? or does being overwieght cause diabetes.?

My oldest son who is 14 has been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes? What kind of foods can he eat?
Last night when I called him. His blood sugar count was 396. At which it raise my concern. I asked him last night what he was eating, and he said a double cheeseburger. Then I ask him if his ...

What are the possible side effects of a loss of potassium in the blood stream?

I'm alway. Help?
I'm always thirsty and I need to go to the bathroom all the time.Is this normal.When I wake up in the morning I have one mug of coffee and after 30 mins , I need to go to the bathroom.Then I ...

3 year old with type1 diabetes?
hi i am so worried about my 3 year olds future what will happen to her is she keeps going high all the time?i no its bad but at the moment she is allways high she has only had it for 3 months and i ...

Can my toddler have Diabetes?
My 15 month old son is average size. He is always thirsty and hungry, I have brought it up to the doctor several times and they say since he is not overweight I shouldn't worry about it. But he ...

What can we do about america's diabetes epedimic besides treating it?

Should I worry about him since he is an insulin dependent diabetic?
and he drinks alcohol quite a bit everyday and doesn't eat healthy??

He is almost 40 years old and I just recently met him-is this a sure sign to get out before it gets serious ...

If you have diabetis can you do drugs?

Additional Details
how is it disrespectful, im asking for myself *****...

Blood sugar?
When is the right time to check the blood sugar, which will be the average for the day?
Additional Details
I am 62 years old type 1 ...

If you have diabetes is there any way someone would think you where drinking liquor when you didn't?
I have diabetes and was let go of a job because they said they smelled liquor on me and i did not have any thing to ...

In the condition called diabetes [which is the correct answer-choice?
cells cannot function because glucose builds up in the blood and is not delivered to cells or cells do not respond normally to the energy the blood delivers to them? which one of these
A...

Is there a good website where I can look up American medicines and drugs?

What is insulin?

busty Mary
Peanut butter is bad for diabetes ?
peanut butter is bad for diabetes ?

ed a
Rating
yes sugar!!! and high in carbs.....

JEANNE B
Rating
Too much peanut butter leads to the formation of oxalic acid kidney stones. eat in moderation.
Peanut butter, 1 TB spoon =3 gram carb, 6 gr if salted
Almond Butter, 1 TB spoon=3gr carb, 3gr if salted.

roscoedeadbeat
Sugar is bad for diabetics. Eating low glycemic index foods such as peanut butter, yogurt, beans and broccoli along with a diet high in cereal fiber can significantly reduce the risk of non-insulin-dependent diabetes in women, according to a new Harvard School of Public Health study recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Dave B
Peanut butter is not bad for you or any diabetic if taken in moderation. Peanut Butter is high in fat, but most of it is monounsaturated, the same "good fat" that's found in olive oil. Some studies have shown that a diet high in monounsaturated fat may actually be good for the heart.

Pink Monkey
Rating
YES.

but it is not due to sugar content. it is due to the fat content being so high, and national diabetes associations cannot go along with advising very high fat foods as obesity and overweight further increase insulin resistance ans worsen diabetes.

definately not the worst food for diabetes though. high in protein and good fat, eat in moderation if you are a healthy weight already.

;)

buffalo
No, one of the few luxuries we can have . Peanuts for a snack. Excellent. Peanut with bread : NO NO> bread and crackers. But a lovely spoonful of peanut butter is heaven with a small amount of ice cream UM GOOD>

sue
Rating
Peanut butter or any of the other nut butters are very good snack food. Choose whole wheat or whole grain bread or crackers or . . .

I spread nut butters on apple slices!

Remember: Moderation in all things!!

half an apple sliced thin with a light smear of peanut butter is a good snack serving.

Peanuts are supposed to be good for cholesterol lowering also!!

xox_bass_player_xox
Peanut butter is actually very good for you in moderation. It is low in carbs but high in protein. The fat contained in peanut butter as well as peanuts and other types of nuts is very healthy also. Too much peanut butter will cause you to gain weight so be careful.

bENjO
Rating
hi....
dont worry about consuming peanut butter in your daily diet.
Attually,peanut butter provides protection against cardiovascular disease due to high levels of monounsaturated fats and Resveratrol, though butter prepared with the skin of the peanuts has a greater level of resveratrol and other health-aiding agents.It also an excellent source of protein, and vitamins B3 and E, peanuts also contain magnesium, folate, dietary fiber and arginine.
But for people with a peanut allergy, peanut butter can cause reactions including anaphylactic shock which has led to its banning in some schools.

The peanut plant is susceptible to the mold Aspergillus flavus which produces a carcinogenic substance called aflatoxin. Since it is impossible to completely remove every instance of aflatoxins, contamination of peanuts and peanut butter is monitored in many countries to ensure safe levels of this carcinogen.

Certain brands of peanut butter might contain a small amount of added hydrogenated vegetable oils, which are rich in trans fatty acids. Such fatty acids are thought to be a cause of atherosclerosis, as well as two of the three leading main causes of death in North America: coronary heart disease and stroke. However, natural peanut butter do not contain partially hydrogenated oils.

Peanuts also contain high levels of an antioxidant called p-coumaric acid.the manufaturer will add sugar in order to make the product sweet ant tasty. that the reason is bad for diabetes.

If you really craving for peanut butter, you can buy without sugar, which means they will use aspartame,saccahrrin adn etc...

hope the information reallly worthwhile and vote me for BEST answers....

MarLo
Rating
Peanut butter is not bad for diabetics. It is a good source of fiber and protein. Get Peanut butter with no sugar added or natural. Don't over indulge, just the normal 2 tbsp serving is all. This amount has 7g carb, 2g fiber, 3 g sugar, 7 g protein. Not too bad. These numbers are from Skippy creamy peanut butter. Though there are 190 calories with 140 being from fat, but no cholesterol, 16g fat, 3 of which are saturated, 0 trans fat. So no it's not bad for a diabetic to eat, just don't eat a lot because it is high in calories.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy