Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

What are the positives for drinking alcohol?
Please do not say that there is no ...

Are there any health risks if diabetes is not taken care of?
evaluation of potential health risks that may develop it the plan is not implimented
Additional Details
are there any chronic illnesses that can happen because of ...

My blood sugar was 300 this morning without eating. It has dropped a little bit lower to the mid 200s.?
I still haven't eaten anything because I didn't want to make it worse but should I still go to the ER to get checked even though it went down. This is the third day of my blood sugar being ...

Where is the body of the murdered........?
where have they put the body of the murdered Ex-President of iraq...Sadam hussein.........

Im thirsty and urinate all the time...and i get very weak and tired and shaky?
okay so heres the deal i and soooo thirsty i can not stop drinking water...orjuice but i prefer water....and i pee all the time....this has been going on for almost a year...but just reectnly the ...

If a patient have diabetes, will he be able to eat honey?
if a patient have diabetes, will he be able to eat honey?...

Im diabetic is there any sweets i can eat?

Can you get diabetes from eating veggies all the time??

Hey all, anyone diabetic?
Hello! Are any of you diabetic and what type are you?

Just wondering because I was fealing a little bit alone today (even though I know I am not). I'm in high school, and someone was ...

What part of the body does diabetes start at?
I have an idea, but am not sure?...

Is it okay to drink water while fasting for bloodwork?
I was told not to eat or drink anything after midnight prior to the day I'm to have bloodwork done for a cholestoral screening. Can I consume drinking water?...

When you are diabetic can you not have sweet foods?

Can You die from having Diabetes????
I was just Jw cuz i'm confused. People are saying you can but then people are saying you can't!!!SO HELP!!!!
Additional Details
cause my BFF died a year ago from it but we have ...

I had a blood test for diabetes n the doctor said my level was 4.1 and this is in the range, is this right?
i had a blood test for diabetes and it came back that i was 4.1 i was told this was in the range, i have since spoken 2 a few people who have diabetes and the said the rang was 5 - 7, i drink about 7 ...

Could I have diabetes?
My partner thinks I may have diabetes, recently I've been extremely thirsty to the point of drinking cups of water non-stop all day and then having to the visit the bathroom every half an hour, ...

Is it okay to skip insulin once in awhile?
some days i seem to be able to not take insulin and have okay sugar levles is this ok? i dont want to get sick, but if my bs dosnt go above say 150, is that ok? i take the insulin most days
A...

Does anyone know how to lower bloodsugar without prescription drugs?
I mean such as natural remedies....

How can you bring your sugar level down quickly?
I an a recently diagnosed diabetic and need to know what is the best thing to do when my blood sugar is high? I do not have any medication yet from the Dr. so I am trying to get some natural methods....

Is brown rice healthy for diabetics?

Is Diabetes fatal? How long does the person live?

Phyllis M
My doctor said my sugar level is 350 and I am close to being diabetic is this true?

Lola
Rating
350? You would be having a stroke.

schwartzbarney
Rating
My sugar level was 126 and my Doctor said i was diabetic.Yours is definitely too high.You must exercise and change your diet immediately.Eliminate all sugary drinks, cakes, sweets,anything white such as rice,bread,potatoes, pasta.I am surprised the Doctor did not put you on medication.

Nunaya Bidnit
A blood sugar of 350 is way too high. You need to eat things that are low on the glycemic index. No candy, no fruit juice.

tracey a
yes, that is a very high level.

LovePharmacy
Rating
Based on the information you've given, no one on this website can diagnose you with diabetes. Determining whether you have a normal blood sugar level is totally dependent on the context. Did you just eat something before he tested your blood glucose? If you ate something, how long did you wait before the test? Did you truly fast over night and then do an oral glucose test under the supervision of a doctor/clinic? Did a lab interpret the results or was a glucometer used? If a glucometer was used, was it properly calibrated? The answers to all of these questions make a difference in diagnosing whether or not you have diabetes or are a prediabetic.

Exercise actually improves your body's sensitivity to insulin. So start exercising and you may be able to avoid going on medications. Also, make dietary changes. Nearly everything has sugar (very few things are pure fat or pure protein) so get on the internet or go to the library and find out what the good carbs are versus bad carbs. It's not healthy (and virtually impossible) to cut out all carbs. But most of the carbs that Americans favor are very low in nutritional value and high in processed sugars.

Talk to your doctor so that you really understand what it going on. Or, go see an endocrinologist because he would know a lot more about diabetes.

hummingbird
Rating
My blood sugar was 300 and I was diagnosed with diabetes.

Jen
Mine was 89. Yours is off the chart. You need to see an endocrinologist. BTW was this a fasting blood sugar?

mpops250
you won't trust your doctor, but you will trust random people on the internet?
and yes, that is WAY to high.

shelly_robison
git a new docter now!

Cammie
Rating
Get thee to an endocrinologist.
Never go back to that uneducated doctor.

You will need a series of tests and then education about diabetes . You will find that counting carbs is the gold standard. You can eat every food on this planet.We need carbs too.
Good luck, take a deep breath and welcome.

AdoreHim
Are you sure doc said that your level was 350? If it was you are not close to being a diabetic,you are at a dangerous diabetic level already- and if you don't bring this down with meds and diet- you could be in danger of going into a diabetic coma. If your doc said you were close to being a diabetic at this level, find a new doc immediately- preferably an endocrinologist, who specializes in diabetes. My hubby was diagnosed as having diabetes and his blood sugar level was just above 200, when they took the blood test.

Timmy T
Yes . The normal bloodsugar is between 80-120.

blackberryjam@rogers.com
Ummm... Close to it? Is he kidding? I don't mean to scare you , but according to every book on the subject that I've ever read, you're already there.

Any two readings even a point or two over 200, plus a symptom of diabetes is conclusive.

Please go back to your doctor and make sure that was the number he gave you. Either he's made a mistake or you have, or he has missed the diagnosis.

Normal fasting blood sugar is between 70 and 100 by modern standards.

Normal blood sugar following a meal is supposed to be under 140.

If your blood sugar is over 140 your body is being damaged - nerves, eyes, kidneys, etc.

Please see this website for some very useful information about diabetes

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/

and this page in particular for what happens when your blood sugar goes over 140 mg/dl.

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14045678.php

and this page...
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/16422495.php

Truly Normal Blood Sugars

Fasting Blood Sugar
A normal fasting blood sugar (also the blood sugar you'd see before a meal) is roughly 83 mg/dl (4.6 mmol/L) or less. Many normal people have fasting blood sugars in the mid and high 70 mg/dl (3.9 mmol/L) range.

Post-Meal Blood Sugar (Postprandial)
A truly normal person eating the high carb typical American diet does not go over 120 mg/dl (6.6 mmol/L) one or two hours after a meal and many are under 100 mg/dl (5.5 mmol/L) two hours after eating.

A1c
A truly normal A1c is 4.6% or less. That is the level that corresponds to a blood sugar kept under 100 mg/dl (5.6 mmol/L) at all times. Heart attack risk starts to rise in a straight line fashion as soon as A1c goes over 4.6% and for each 1% of rise it is 2.3 times MORE frequent. That means that at a 5.7% A1c you have two and a third times more risk of a heart attack than a person has with an A1c of 4.6%.

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/16422495.php

Please get a proper diagnosis and get started on treatment asap if your blood sugar truly was this high.

Good luck!

micksmixxx
Rating
No, Phyllis. If your blood sugar level is 350 mg/dL you ARE diabetic.

Of course, your doctor may wish to do further blood tests on you to either confirm or refute that.

Whatever you do, dear lady, don't panic. It's not the end of the world. There are millions of us around ... and we're still here ... and we'll be on your side.

There are many good people on here who will go out of their way to offer you good advice. (There are also idiots who give totally false/misleading information.)

What I would advise is that anything you read here, or anywhere on the internet, should be checked out with your own doctor. Your own doctor is likely to know more about you, and any pre-existing condition(s) that you may have, and is therefore in a better position to offer you the most comprehensive information that you can get.

I wish you the very best of luck.

If you do fancy having someone to chat to about diabetes, there are many sites that can be found on the internet, and I'm willing to throw in my tuppence [2 cents] worth too. Just click on my avatar/photograph and send me an email.

Mazher
Phyliss M !
If your fasting blood sugar level is 100 mg/dL to 125 mg/dL, you have impaired fasting glucose — commonly known as prediabetes. To confirm the diagnosis, your doctor may repeat the fasting blood sugar test several days to a week later.
A fasting blood sugar level of 126 mg/dL or higher is consistent with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes when accompanied by classic signs and symptoms of diabetes — increased thirst or hunger, frequent urination, weight loss or blurred vision.
To confirm the diagnosis, your doctor may repeat the fasting blood sugar test on another day. If your test results are 126 mg/dL or higher twice in a row after at least eight hours of fasting, you may have diabetes.
If your blood sugar level is higher than 200 mg/dL and you have signs or symptoms of diabetes, you may be diagnosed with diabetes without a second test for confirmation.
For more details
http://www.diabetesindetail.com

Mr. Peachy®
Close??? If that reading is correct, you are well beyond the level required to be classified as a diabetic. If you ate prior to the test, 200, or more, would be diabetic. If you hadn't eaten anything, prior to the test, for more than 8 hours, anything over 140 would be diabetic.

Welcome to the club.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy