Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is it safe to NOT consume any kind of sugar for a long period of time?
Like for year? You see my father in law believes because his Dr. told him that ALL sugar is bad. So he hasn't consumed sugar in months. Not even a grapfruit he thinks is ok sugar to consume. He ...

Is it safe to get a pedicure if i have diabetes??

Could i be diabetic?
Well basiclyy, my dad was diabetic and got it at the age of 5, and recently ive been going to the toilet more often and been drinking loads of water.
And also, whenever i eat sugar i feel as if ...

How do i get my blood sugar level down?

What are your personal experiences with diabetes?
How did you find out you were diabetic? Has it changed your lifestyle? If so, how?

Please don't post information from articles, or links to them. I want to know what it's like ...

Is it safe to take medication past its expiration date?
Specifically looking at Metformin (glucophage)....

Question about diabetes?
My dad just found out that he was diabetic. He's 52. My sister and I are only slightly overweight, and my dad isn't over by that much. What are the chances that we will get diabetes?
A...

What do you if you haveing a low blood sugar attact?

Could you clear up my misunderstanding about diabetes?
Is a light cola better than a dark cola? Is eating a pot pie ok? What would happen if your glucose reading is between 150 -281 everyday in the last four months. How long can you have this reading ...

Does this mean I have diabetes??
My dr office just called and told me my sugar was 469 and that I had sugar in my UA as well. Does this mean I have diabetes. I have had very high sugar for the past 3 yrs and am always tired and very ...

Is glucose a natural sugar?

Can diabetics drink beer?

Signs of diabeties?

My 10yrs old borther has DIABATIES..is there nay other sloution else than insulin?plz help..we r much worried.
my mom is very ill bocoz of his tension...plz any one there who knows about the diabeties ..plz suggest me something worthful i will be thankfull to you all...
Additional Details
my ...

Help! I'm not sure if i have diabetes or not?
ok, im too worried to go to the doctor incase he says i have diabetes, and i hate needles! But recently i have noticed that when i go for a poo (in polite terms!!) theres like this i dont know how to ...

I am in the state of Alabama. I have no food and a seven year old child what can I do?
I am disabled and am waiting to receive my disability check but my court day isn't until September.I applied for food stamps but it will be next month before I receive them My bills were paid ...

Low blood sugar?
I am waiting for results from my doctor about my blood sugar, 1 hour ago doing the hoovering i came over all faint and felt very sick took my blood sugar and it was 1.9, husband made me cup of tea ...

Blood sugar meter?
What is the best blood sugar meter I can buy. I don't know if its the same as a blood glucose meter but I need to know the best one I can buy....

Does diabetes ever go away?
I'm just ...

Im scared i am diabetes?
i am soo WORIED MYM MUM HAD IT MY 2 UNCLES AND MY AUNTIE DIED FROM THAT AND OTHER CAUSES AND MYM MUM ISNT EVEN 37 AND IM ONLY 15 AND I THINK THAT I WILL HAVE IT MY MUM ALREEDY HAD A HEART ATTAK LAST Y...

mysterious105st
My doctor said my glucose was 105. Is that a sign of becoming a diabetic or do i have to watch my sugar intak
please answer back asap

thank you so much

saved_by_grace
It really depends on how and when it was taken.
You can regulate it by diet at this point.
If you are overweight....just losing 10-15 pounds can take you out of that range.
What is a fasting blood sugar test?
A fasting blood sugar test measures the amount of sugar in your blood after you fast for at least eight hours or overnight.

What's normal?
A normal fasting blood sugar result is lower than 100 milligrams of glucose per deciliter of blood (mg/dL).

What level suggests prediabetes?
If your fasting blood sugar level is 100 mg/dL to 125 mg/dL, you have impaired fasting glucose — commonly known as prediabetes. To confirm the diagnosis, your doctor may repeat the fasting blood sugar test several days to a week later.

What is a random blood sugar test?
A random blood sugar test measures your blood sugar at any point in time, not necessarily a certain amount of time after a meal, snack or beverage.

What's normal?
A normal random blood sugar result is lower than 100 mg/dL.

What level suggests prediabetes?
If your random blood sugar level is higher than 100 mg/dL but lower than 199 mg/dL, you may have prediabetes.

?
Rating
Make sure to check you surgar count is should stay below 90

mark32541
Rating
Depends on when they took your sugar level.

If that was your measurment after you had fasted for 8 hours.

Then its borderline high.

Something they need to watch.

But if it was measured within a couple of hours after you ate, then its not a problem.

wcqa626
Rating
You didn't include many details. Was this your level after fasting for the night. Was it taken 2 hours after you were given that orange glucose drink. In the morning when I wake up, my glucose level is about 65-75. Once when I went to the doctor it was at 57 two hours after the glucose drink. My blood glucose level 10 minutes after eating is usually about 115-120. So a few more details would really help.

bsnana
Rating
No, if that was after a 12 hr. fast yours is fine. Usually if it's at 140 or so they say it's borderline. If mine was 105 it'd be great!!! Your sugar intake is not the thing that needs to be watched. It is your carbohydrate consumption. I am a 5th yr. diabetic type II, I can eat not over 50 grams a meal of carbs and 25 at snack time. You want to keep it at a fairly regulated and stable number and not spike it.

sheila l
Rating
Your blood sugar is fine.If your diabetic you are in the well controlled range of blood sugar.

Zim
I wouldn't lose any sleep over a 105! I've been a type 1 for over 28 years and I am very happy when my glucose is between 110 to 125. I tend to go low very easily so I try to keep mine in the 120's. If someone told me mine would be on or around 105 for the rest of my life, I'd thank the Lord and walk around with a smile on my face for the rest of my days!

melody r
Diabetes is diagnosed with blood sugar levels over 130. Some doctors will diagnose it at 125 if there are other things along with it such as ketones in the urine. A good fasting blood sugar should be between 80-100 but that is no food or drink for 8 hours. Any endocrinologist will tell you that there is no such thing as bordeline diabetes and that term was discredited years ago. now they say you are diabetic or you aren't. "at risk" would be fasting blood sugar between 100-120. Hope this helps

?
Rating
Watching your sugar intake on a daily basis is always a good thing.Your doctor would have sent you for further tests if your glucose was 105 and that was over the normal amount.

♥----&gt;AmBErRoSe<----♥
Rating
weeeellllll........it would be nice to kno what age u r!!!!!
abult- ya pretty much
teen-no

RIVERKID
Actually a glucose level of 105 is very good. A normal reading is between 80 and 120. If it drops below 80 or goes above 120, then you should be concerned. But it looks like you're doing pretty good.

Balasubas
I am an old man with type 2 diabetes, and 105 is good. I would not lose sleep over that. If you are worried, see an endocrinologist. If you are over weight, lose it. Exercise is essential, even if you do not have diabetes. Good breakfast is oatmeal. Lay off the sweets and carbohydrates.

Joan J
I think you should listen to your doctor and ask him this question-I do not want to misinform you

Nurse Annie
Normal glucose, depending on the lab, is between 70-110 or 120, so you seem to be in the normal range.

That having been said, we should all observe trends in our blood sugars (consistently going up, down?) and watch symptoms, reporting what isn't normal to your physician or nurse practitioner.

Have your annual physical with blood work will catch these changes before they become problematic, again reporting anything out of the ordinary BETWEEN TIMES, to your doc.

rlselin
You should also get tested for a Chromium deficiency. I met someone who thought they were diabetic and the Dr. ran all sorts of tests and found that she was chromium deficient so she was put on supliments and her blood sugar is now down under normal levels.

white storm
You dont mention how old you are your blood sugar is normal .if your BS are frequently more than 105 so It should be under control by a doctor .

wildirishrose19522000
Rating
normal bsl is 90 to 120 two hours after a full meal

fasttrack
Rating
If it is taken before any food in the morning, it is just in the border level. Fasting blood sugar of 90 is normal. I f the reading is after 2 hours of taking food, it is normal as it can go up to 180. You could have asked the doctor who told you the reading!!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy