Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How hard is it to live with a Diabetic or have a relationship with one.?
My boyfriend has Diabetesand he doesn't take good care of himself. He doesn't check his blood on a regular basis and he drinks regular pop and has all the wrong things. Mood swings are a ...

My son has type 1 diabetes. his numbers have been too high. any suggestions?
his numbers have been too high, like 200+ most of the time. please give me suggestions!!!...

I keep running into walls on this, is there someone out there who could help lead me in the right direction??
I've had these problems as a child, would shake when hungry. Drs thought then I had hypoglycemia. I haven't questioned things since the diag of Begnin Essential Tremor, just knew when I get ...

What is it like having diabetes ?

Can drinking one soda (12-16 oz) a day eventually cause diabetes?

Diabetic [i spelt that wrong]?
i am always tired. and have low sugar levels
and when i tend to eat choclate i feel fine or over sugary products am i diabetic?...

Is having blood sugars lower than 50 really dangerous?
I have had blood sugars lower than 50 numerous times, I once even had a blood sugar around 38. Is this really dangerous?...

Why do i have blood in my wee?

I need to know the long term side effects of insulin.?
i.e. where to look for answers etc....

How many of you just shoot up in front of anybody at anytime?
Do you just say, "To hell with you if you are shocked, I need to do this to live." Do you hide it completely and secretly scurry off to a bathroom to test and shoot up? If you have a pump, ...

I am 26 yrs old girl insulin dependent, very pretty,?
problem is that i have one proposal. totally arrange i only saw him once , what should i do. he is 36 yrs old male, and he does not know that i am diabetic?

what would i do?
kindly ...

I am looking for people having or knowing about diabetes.?
My boyfriend has been diagnosed with diabetes, and he is feeling VERY down. He used to enjoy eating A LOT and drinking A LOT (mainly beer). Now, being on a diet (he has to have only 5 portions of ...

4to 5 hours after eating my blood sugar level is between 98 an 120 is that ok?

What can a type 2 diabetic with a sweet tooth eat.?
I am a type 2 diabetic and am always craving sweet things and having a hell of a time resisting eating anything sweet .diabetic sweets just don't taste right and make you go to the loo....

Do i have diabetes?
i have fever
shaky inside
dry mouth
not enough energy
fast heart beat
muscle pain
weakness and feeling havy
little bit of headache and dizzness
cant sleep

Diabetes is said to be a mineral wasting disease. So need some advise on buying the right minerals.?

Well,my age is just 19 .?
i am just 19 and my weight is 65kgs,infact i am atheletic,but i had gone through regular medical check up,in which the doc. told me to take care of my blood pressure.my bp is 134,hope to get some ...

How can I stop my grandfarther from eating sweets?
He has diabettes, and I think sweets are bad for diabetics. Is there anything I can do to stop him from doing so? Because along with that he smokes, and he's been getting awfully unhealthy ...

Cracked heels mean diabetes?
I always seem to have cracked heels. I do wear flip flops all the time, which I have heard can cause it, but does this mean since I get it a lot that I may have diabetes?...

What happens to people with diabetes?
my bf has diabetes but i havent asked him anything about it because i dont want to make him feel uncomftorable but i was just wondering what would happen to him if he didnt take his shot? and how ...

brocklightnin
My blood sugar has was 172 after i used my wifes tester i'm not diabetic should i be worried?
I had some iced tea before the test can i bring my level down?

zippythejessi
Rating
How long after you last ate or drank before you tested? If it's less than 90 minutes, don't stress. More than 90 minutes from the time you last consumed anything and your sugar was 172 - it's worth seeing a doctor to check things out.

whiteknight
Rating
No your blood sugar should be between 80 to 120 but if your blood sugar 172 then I would go to the ER right now and get cheek out cause you could be a diabetic do you pee alot?

Steve B
Rating
well.......you are certainly borderline.....the best thing to do is ask MD to do a fasting glucose and a 2 hour post-eating or glucola, glucose,both same day......this will show if sugar is high in mornings and after a big meal......if the fasting is normal and the 2hour is 140-200 you are glucose intolerant and may be beginning type 2 diabetes..normally this can be diet controlled and watched every 3 mos. w/o medicine...good luck.....

?
Go see your internist.family practitioner.

Surviving or Living?
Rating
Did you wash your hands first?

duumasnduumas
Rating
Your blood sugar will fluctuate throughout the day, your body will bring it down naturally. If your concerned about diabetes, check it when you are fasting. (nothing to eat or drink after midnight). It should be around 60-110 or so. Some symptoms to also consider, excessive thirst or voiding. (urinating). At your next physical, ask for basic metobolic panel or hemaglobin A1c, your doctor should be able to guide you from there. 172 not bad for not fasting.

cavalierkcs
One of the first things you should do is make sure your hands were clean before testing. Lotion, sugar or any other sweet liquid may have been on your hands before testing.

You do not need to run off to the ER. However, I would suggest calling your doctor after a second test and inform him of the results if they are above 130. A fasting blood test will be done or a glucose tolerance test. This should give you definitive results.

RIVERKID
Rating
I'd definitely keep an eye on your blood sugar to see if it goes back to normal. It probably wouldn't hurt to see a doctor, though just to make sure. Because if it turns out you are diabetic, your blood sugar is going to rise, and you will need medication.

Richard D
Rating
Questions- How do you know that you are not diabetic, how soon after drinking the iced tea did you do the test and relax, one test of 172 will not kill you.

emtd65
Rating
It depends when you ate last and what you ate. You should wait at least 30 minutes after eating a meal before testing. Are you displaying any symptoms of diabetes or were you just curious? if you have been more thirsty more then normal or urinating frequently or if you have changes to your skin then you should see a doctor - he/she might consider doing a glucose tolorance test.

Cammie
Rating
You do not need to run to the ER just yet.
Regardless of what you ate or drank, your sugar should not be that hi .
Make an appointment with an endocrinologist within the next week or so.
Also keep a track of your sugars on a random basis.
Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy