Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

If I stopped taking all of my blood pressure and diabetic medicines, at once , could I die?

How do you know if you have chemical diabetes?

How can i reduce my cholostrol?

What can make more blood?

What kind of foods can specifically cause diabetes?

Starches...... Help Please......?
I would be very appreciatataive to anyone that can help me with this matter. I need a list of all the STARCHES, and a meaning what a STARCH is. I know this sounds strange but I have a diabetic in the ...

Is this true that you are less likely to get diabetes from your father's side of the family?
My father's parents have diabetes & high blood pressure. Is this true that according to genetic, I'm less likely to get these stuff from my father's family side than my mother'...

What are normal Blood Sugar levels in 2 or 3 year old healthy kid.?
Family history
1) Mom was diagnosed with type 2 at 38 years and started on insulin at 49 years.
2) Dad was daignosed with type 2 at 49/50 and went on insulin at 65.
3) One brother (out ...

I have type 2 diabetes, my doctor said no fruit because the frutrose in it changes to glucose in the blood?
so what fruit is ok?...

Can you become diabetic from eating a lot of sweet stuff?
There are diabetics in my previous generation. I wonder if sugar causes it or something else....

I was seen in the ER with my blood sugar @ 792. I am taking 40 units of insulin 2x daily with levels at 355.?

Should I let my diabetic mother in law care for my 4 year old?
In the past year she has had low blood sugar reaction twice while driving and once on a cruise ship. Each time she became disoriented and did not know where she was or what she was doing. F...

What is a simple and inexpensive Blood Sugar Monitor?
I am at risk for diabetes but do not have it yet, my boyfriend does have it but only gets tested at Dr's appointments and is not interested in testing at home. I would like to start monitoring ...

Diabetes info?
just been diagnosed with diabetes,type 2,i have been having some fruit smoothies,with about three fruits,and after iam going sleep,can this effect you blood suger fruit?...

When a person has diabetes, do both their hands/feet fall asleep? Or does usually just affect one?
And do they usually get the shakes from not eating at a certain time? Just curious....

Drinking SOOO Much Water...WHY?
Lately, I've been thirsty...almost all the time. Tonight in a two hour period I drank three bottled waters, and was still thirsty. I'll sit down to watch TV (usually about a 2 hour period ...

Can you recover from Ketoacidosis without medical treatment?
Ok - i don't need answers from people who are going to google ketoacidosis, but anyone who has actually been through it or has medical training re diabetes, thanks.

My fella has had ...

Can you work as a firefighter if you have diabeties.. Type 1?
I know about NFPA 1582, but the new edi. states its ok? is that the truth or is it still left up to the fire Chief?...

Can I have a glass of red wine. I am on humalog as needed and Lantus once daily in the morning.?
My cholesterol is just a little bit high and I read that a glass of red wine now and then is good to bring up the good cholesterol numbers. I just want like half a glass every other day. Is it okay ...

What causes a sudden black out in people?

Gabriel M
Is there over the counter meds for lowering blood sugar?

Mazher
Gabriel M !
There are many like Metformin. But better consult your Endicrionologist and then have some medicines.
For more details
http://hypoglycemiainfo.blogspot.com
http://www.diabetesindetail.com

trooper J
there are lots of meds for diabetes that can be bought over the counter. but you will have to check first with your doctor so that you will be getting the right medication. every medicine has its own effect on the body. some lower the blood sugar, some meds would inhibit the body from absorbing the sugar from your meal...

here are examples of diabetes meds: metformin HCl and Voglibose (generic names of drugs)

lilydilly01
Rating
you could try things from home like blueberries,cinnamon,fish oil.eating better.go to the druggist ask i do think there is a diabetic supplements ask your doc first.you could take blood sugar to low.

Sincere Riley
There are no "over the counter" medications that I know of to lower blood sugar. But it is possible to control blood sugar with diet.

KUJayhawks#1fan
Rating
sure its called ALCOHOL.

alcohol can dramatically lower your blood sugar instantly. But if you are diabetic, it can lower you into the "danger"zone..(we had that issue this weekend!)

Now if you are not talking about an "instant fix" then the answer is no

except the Produce section of the grocery store along with the exercise equipment at the store.
All medications are perscription only.

Cammie
Rating
There are no OTC meds to control diabetes or lower sugars.You must see a doctor.

It's peachy to eat properly but many people [ all 1 and some T2 ] MUST have medication.

MamaSmurf
There are none that are over the counter. They all require a prescription from your doctor. Metformin and the others all require prescriptions. And if you have been told about something that is herbal that treats or cures diabetes, forget about it...they do not exist. Many of us have tried them and they don't work. Watch your diet, especially your sugar and carbs, and get some good daily exercise. Maybe you can be one of the ones that can control your disease (if you are type 2) with diet. It worked for me for awhile.

Mr. Peachy®
There are no over the counter anythings that are nearly as effective as daily exercise and a healthy natural foods diet. Those, in combination, are so effective at lowering blood sugar, that I no longer take any medication for my diabetes. See my profile for more info on a complete program.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, April 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy