Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Diabetes! How bad can it get?
When i was pregnant i found out i had gestational diabetes. The doctor said that once the baby is out my blood sugar would be back to normal. I slacked and didn't get a testing after my son was ...

Is anyone a diabetic and.....?
has a lot of problems with legs and feet swelling up and hurt real bad , do u know anything that can help make it better, thank ...

Is it OK for Diabetics to eat dried fruit eg raisins .?

Do you have to apsirate the needle when giving regular insulin injections???
I need a TRUTHFUL answer to this question NO GUESSES PLEASE. Only respond if you know the actual answer. Prefer a nurse or Md answer please....

Is there a special kind of soap that diabetics are supposed to use?
I have been a type 2 diabetic for 6yrs now and I am still learning about the disease. But I am wondering if we diabetics are supposed to use a certain kind of body soap. My skin has been so itchy ...

Is a blood preasure reading of 120/57 dangerous?
it usually runs 180/80 and I am on ...

Is this bad??
So.. i asked another question similar to this but I didn't get any really good answers. I'm 16, 5'2 feet, and 142 pounds. I keep thinking I'm fat so I tried my bmi and it was 26.7....

Society views on diabetes?

What is a normal level of glucose?

Kidney Donor Question?
Can someone with sinus tachycardia controlled with medicine safely donate a kidney to a family member?...

Friend died...caused by diabetes?
My bestfriend died last year at the age of 15. She just collapsed in her house. She didn't have diabetes, and had no symptoms of diabetes. But, some doctors said that she had diabetes and no one ...

Frustrated with JDRF?
I have been diabetic for 12 years... and as much money as my family, friends and I have donated to JDRF, I feel like we (as diabetics) are getting screwed. Lee Iacocca has promising research but I ...

At night my left leg aches all night .it wakes me out of sleep?
i do have ...

Sugar level above 1000 IS BAD?
how bad is it if you have sugar level above 1000? will it be fine after being treated at the hospital but had symptom for 5 days?
Additional Details
No it 1000, my dad was admitted ...

Why are pople who are obese more at risk of developing type 2 diabetes?

How do you get strips for testing blood glucose, to control diabetes?

Can Diabetics donate organs?
I know they can't donate blood, but can they donate their organs?...

4 pounds a week?
i need to loose 3-4 pounds a week
im 144 pounds and 5 ft 3 1/2
i extersize for 30 minutes a night
then do 100 crutches
i know its unhealthy but
last month i was almost ...

Obesity could be defined in terms of weight alone. What would be wrong with this?
I am doing an assignment on obesity and bmi, and need some help with this question. I no what i want to say but can't find the right words, thanks in advance if anyone can help ...

Concieving with diabetes?
i have a situation i found out few months back that im diabetic, at the time before i even seen the doctor ive been trying to have children after my surgery ive had 2 years before trying to concieve. ...

thatsgoodtwo
Is there any way to check blood sugar without sticking finger?
check blood sugar without sticking

Tsunami
yes having blood tests with the big needle in your arm. but that is all. i dont' know if they have anything otu there yet for something else i doubt it

Tim Br
Rating
Stick the outside of your upper arm near your shoulder.. It doesn't hurt. Your arm has less nerve endings.

Autumn
No. Not accurately.
There are some some devices out there that strap to the wrist or fingers that claim to give approximations of blood sugar levels, but the reading is much too inaccurate to ensure good blood sugar control.

However, there are blood glucose meters that will let you sample blood from sticking other body locations (such as arms). It is said not to hurt as much, requiring a very small sample to read blood sugar.

Emily V
They make continuous glucose monitors now that are a subcutaneous devise that measure glucose levels but even these require calibrations with finger sticks.

johnandeileen2000
No, sticking a finger is no big deal, make sure your lanclet is shap and clean.

redflower
Rating
^ They are working on it, but for now get yourself a meter that allows you to test on various parts of your arms and legs, they don't hurt for the most part..

They are working on a watch type monitor that checks your blood through your sweat and one that does a reading from your eye. I guess we will have to wait, for now
it's the old fashioned way.

The site below will give you more information on various meters. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy