Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Weight gain is the cause of high blood?
what kind of food people have diabetic can eaat?...

Lost alone and afraid?
i recently was diagnosed with type2 diabetes, i also have heart disease-cad ive had 7 heart attacks,15 stints,17 heart caths, constant angina, and high blood pressure. i feel like whats the use. my ...

Can you get diabetes by eating all the sugar free sweets?

Tell me about diabetes.?
ok my boyfriend has diabetes, not sure what kind....but its so bad that he has to carry insulin around that goes strait into his stomach, whats some stuff you can tell me about diabetes cause he has ...

Blood glucose high?
i did a glucose test. it came back high. what does that mean? what do i do for it? i'm pregnant can it harm my baby?...

What kind of items would you like to see in a store catering completely to Diabetics?
Like the kind of items you would like to easily find in the general market. Excluding prescriptions and such.
Additional Details
Specifically what kind of sweets, what kind of foods? B...

Is the Atkins Diet supposed to be good (healthier at all?) for people with diabetes?
Thanks....

Can anyone tell what normal sugar level is, and what is considered high and what is considered low?

I have a diabetic cat that is presently syonotic and in critical shape.?

Looking for simple plain and easy recipes for high cholesterol and diabetes?
my grandmother has high colesterol and type 2 diabetes and she needs some simple easy food ideas and ...

What good recipies are for diabetics?

Pre diabetic...how do you know before MD visit?
weight? tests do not show I am pre diabetic but I am getting concerned. difficult to lose weight @ this time (surgical menopause)...

Weight management program for diabetics?
I'm trying to find a program that I ran across last week for people with diabetes for my mom. I told her about it and she forgot the name. I don't think it's microburn (or something ...

Concern? I am a diabetic, will taking an ice bath..?
Will taking an ice bath, affect my body or blood sugar in anyway? I have to do it for sports. Theres a full body bath in a tub. And just for the legs in a garbage can full of ice&water. I'm ...

Anybody that has diabetes do you think their should be a insurance plans just for diabetics?
Anyone who is a diabetic should understand where i'm comeing from because being a diabetic is very expensive. I'm type 1 and been a diabetic since I was 3yrs old and it's a struggle ...

If you Hypoglycemia, does that follow up with DIABETES?
plz help... idk if hypoglycemia can be an affect of diabetes, so if u have hypo, then will u eventually have diabetes?...

So im really sick?
and my ketones are really big

im pretty sure i have strep throat
could that be whats affecting my ketones

im trying to keep my blood sugar well but its not easy for some ...

What are the risk for diabetics getting tattoos?

Is it safe for diabetics to wear contacts?

How early should diabatic medicines to be taken before meals?

MIKE S
Is there any bread on the market that has NO sugar in it?
being a diabetic i cant have no suger at all and find it very hard to cope at times when i go out i have to check everything i eatand people think i am very picky but not being able to have a bacon sandwich is the worst torrments
help

marie a
Rating
I don't believe there is any bread totally made without some sugar but I eat whole wheat because it has the least carbs of any bread I've found.

Hannah__x
Rating
maybe get a bread maker and have ago at making some yourself. Just think, fresh crusty warm bread vs supermarket "plastic" additive-rich bread.

I know which I would rather have.

Unfortunately I can't have either as I have a gluten intolerance :(
Lucky you can have some!
xx

montathra
Yes there are many kind of breads without sugar

SugarBabie
I'm a diabetic too. You can eat regular bread, just try to find one with whole grains, and NO white flour added to it. "Weight Watchers" bread is pretty low in carbs. I can buy it at my local supermarket. I stick to the whole wheat and the multi-grain versions. The white has more carbs and less fibre.

As for bread without sugar, sour dough bread can be made without sugar, but you still need to check the label to be sure.

For a bacon sandwich, try looking for a bacon substitute with no carbs or very low carbs. There's one here called "Better than Bacon" and it has only 1 carb per slice, or something like that. Its also very very lean, so its a very good choice for diabetics.

So you see, you CAN have bread and you CAN have a bacon sandwich.

By the way, we make our own bread daily, in our bread machine. Its multi-grain. I used to do it by hand, but its a lot less work with the bread machine.

Just limit how many carbs you eat, you don't have to eliminate them entirely.

Danny
Rating
Well I'm not sure about sugar-free bread, but why can't you have regular bread? I've been diabetic (Type 1, ID) for nineteen years and have never worried about sugar in bread.

As a diabetic, you can have some sugar - everybody needs some sugar - you just need to be more careful about how much you eat compared with everyone else. It also depends on whether you are insulin, diet or tablet controlled. For instance, the type of insulin I use means I can eat anything I want providing I take an appropriate dose of insulin calculated from the amount of carbohydrates I've eaten.

I recommend you talk to your doctor or dietician who can provide you with the best advice suited to your condition.

Cammie
Rating
A yeast bread won't raise unless there is sugar for the yeast to feed on.
We don not count sugar and yes we can have sugar.
The gold standard of care is carb counting.
You should see am endocrinologist and a dietitian to help you with your diet.
BTW- Bacon has 0 carbs.

Papaver
Rating
I'm diabetic too!
You don't have to give up sugar completely!

You are type1 you are on insulin and your doctor or diabetic nurse will have sorted out your insulin needs.

You are type 2 (as I am) and are on tablets for diabetes, you just need to stick to the diet sheets you were given.

You are controlling diabetes by diet alone

That doesn't prohibit bread!.
Go on enjoy your bacon sandwiches!
I fancy one myself now!

Look at this wonderfully helpful site
http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/html/healthy_living/lifestyle/exercise/diet_exercise/gi_table.html

Go for the foods with a low or at most a medium GI.
It is easy to follow

I don't know about shop bread ,but home made bread only has about a tablespoonful of sugar in a loaf to activate the yeast.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/
Have a look at this as well.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy