Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Why does a person pees blood ?
detailed answers are welcomed thx!...

Is anyone a diabetic and is on the insulin Lantus?

Should I go to the hospital or should I try harder to bring my bs level down at home?
My blood sugar level is 569. It's going to take many hours to bring this down at home. Think the hospital might be able to bring it down quicker? Thanks in advance!
Additional Details

What is the best way to deal with diabetes?
I am 14 years old and just found out im diabetic. Im scarred and worried and need some advice!!
Additional Details
Thank you all so much for all the support. I know that with all your ...

Which is better for you? Brown or white sugar?

What are some symptoms of diabetes?

My 8yr old wont stop weeing and drinking!?
His brother does have type one diabetes so i am aware of the signs n symptoms the problem is he has been tested but doesnt have it. Despite this he still has constant thirst and urinates an awful lot....

Does diabetes really cause blindness?

Should I mix vodka in my insulin pump?

Additional Details
Come on, people. NO, I'm not serious....

If my mom has diabetes 2 am i at risk to?

I want diabetes type 1. How?
I know, wierd. But is there a way I can get type 1 diabetes?
Additional Details
Ok, before you get all pchyco on me, I dont actually want it, I just want to know how to get it. Just a ...

Diabetics ... what do you think caused your diabetes?
Fact and opinion are both welcome here :o)

Haters and hecklers will be cheerfully reported....

What kind of blood test should I ask for?
I often think I have many problems with me as in Aids, Diabetes, other crazy things I don't know why I think of this stuff I am only 17 years old. I think it was due to my poor lifestyle at ...

Best place to take injection??????????
I take 3 insulin shots daily. I would like to know which is the best place to take my shots??? My doctor has asked me to take it on my stomach, but............... for me it is tooooooo painful there. ...

What is the treatment for type 2 diabeties?
I was discovered with suger level 180 -200 recently at age 72 yrs.it has been controlled metaformin.I want to switch over to homeopathy....

My sister was recently diagnosed with diabetes. She loves sugar. Any suggestions on on how I can help her?
She's over weigh as well and leads a sedantary lifestyle because of her health. Any healthy food tips and exercises she could do at home would be very helpful....

How do I make my 11yr old diabetic realize...?
that she has to take her insulin and check her sugar? She was 7 when she was diagnosed. We have tried everything we could think of, including scare tactics... Her doctors say its a faze.. But I freak ...

Why are diabetics not supposed to use foot spas or hot water bottles?

If someone has diabetes what fruits they suppose to eat?

Have u heard of someone who was a diabetic and got cured completely?
I KEEP HEARING THAT THERE ARE SOME DOCTORS WHO GUARANTEE 100 % CURE FOR DIABETICS, JUST WANT TO CONFIRM THE CLAIM...

TheGentleMaestro
Is rice bad for diabetics?

Karrien Sim Peters
I think she is bad for any one! I think we need a new one on this North Korea thing!

~*Vanessa*~
Rating
Well, eat it in moderation. My brother loves rice, eats it almost everyday. It has a lot of carbs, but you might not realize it. Eat it for lunch at least once or twice a week if you have diabetes. I don't know for sure if it IS bad for diabetics

has no name
yes of course

the_show_stopper1998
ask a doctor. you think half of the people on here know what they are talking about. Most give bad advice anyways

Moriahho
Rating
I use "no sugar added and low fat" ice cream.

In the Beginning God created heavens and earth.
God gives you air to breathe and sunshine to enjoy.
God gives you water to drink and food to eat.
God gives you a wonderful body and sound mind, to live.
God loves you, and you are precious to Him.
Son of God died on the Cross to save us from condemnation.
Jesus’ love is boundless and everlasting.
We have the hope of Heaven through Jesus.
Life therefore has fantastic and glorious future!
(Digestion of above can even prevent depression and suicide attempt.)

Seeker of Souls
Rating
no! rice help those who are diabetics

AzOasis8
Rating
You can eat a half cup of rice with your meal, however you don't want to have any other high carb foods with the meal. Be sure to have some fiber filled foods (Veggies) with your rice.

Fantasy Protege
Rating
NO.

No carbohydrate is actually bad for a diabetic unless the appropriate amount of insulin is NOT given to compensate for it.

Every person needs carbohydrates and rice is a good carbohydrate. Uncooked/raw rice has more carbohydrates than cooked rice. Cooked rice has about 30g of carbohydrates for 1 cup of rice.

If you are a type 1 diabetic who eats rice, then you need to count the carbohydrates and give yourself the correct amount of insulin.

If you are a type 2 diabetic than avoiding large servings of rice will help you keep your blood glucose at a normal level without the assistance of insulin.

BAR
Rating
Its a starch with lots of carbs, but if you eat just a serving and count it (as you should) then it's okay. I'm Type 1 and I just adjust my insulin -I try to stick with brown but most chinese take -outs belive brown rice is what you get when you add soy sauce! I make sure (if i'm eating white rice) i'm eating lots of veggies with it, fat and protein helps too. Basicaly what I do is eat a balanced meal when including rice.

ilikebunniesandpi
Rating
Its high in carbohydrates - make sure you check how much carbs it has per cooked serving.

leb&proud
i dont know but if ur worried just chose the brown rice its healthier

afanforxx
Rating
Eating white rice is just as bad as eating white bread for the same reason, they degrade really quickly to glucose (a lot more quickly than whole wheat since that has to be processed for a much longer time), this causes your blood sugar levels to rise rapidly, which as you know is bad for you.

Now as one person said, it's perfectly fine if you do take the correct amount of insulin needed to use the glucose. If you do opt for eating rice, eat brown rice which is not only nutritionally better for you (has many of the B complex vitamins), it also helps your digestion (because of the fibre) and keeps your sugar levels down.

Hope that helped!

walterknowsall
rice and pasta are not good to eat, it turns to sugar very fast
try eating more low carbs, wheat bread and pasta, brown rice ..these are low carbs and ok to have once a day for part of a meal...

baramler
if you're only eating a little bit of rice and taking insulin or exercising i say it's fine. try brown rice. brown rice is a lot better for diabetics or anyone for that reason. also if you eat vegetables and other healtier foods with it it's ok.

Bobbie Barker
Rating
It isn't great but you can have it in limited portions. Make sure you use whole grain brown rice, and add some fresh vegetables. The whole grain and vegetables will add fiber (which lowers the net carbs you absorb).

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy