Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How can you tell if your kidney has failed? or between a kidney infection and a failure? syptems and...?
I'm not sure what I have. I thought it started out with a kidney infection but it has gotten worse. can you leave the symptoms of each also and how they treat them.
Additional Details<...

Can you be diabetic and not have a problem with wounds healing?
I have many of the symptoms of diabetes, but cuts heal fine, and I am not sure if this means I do not have the condition, even with so many other symptoms....

Diabetes Diagnosis - Right or Wrong?
Last month when I went to see my doctor she ran an A1C test and said my results were high. This was after some 18 hours of fasting. She then told me to take Metformin, one with evening meal, and to ...

Can one take quinine to lower their blood sugar level?

Which is more seiour? is type 1 or type 2?
i have a friend who has to inject herself before eating her meal because she has diabetes but she didn't tell me it's type 1 or type 2 diabetes so I did not keep asking her about it. can ...

Did your insurance company help pay for your insulin pump?
Did your insurance company help cover the cost of your insulin pump, if so how much did it cover? Was it difficult to receive help from your insurance company? Were the insulin pump providers ...

Does anyone know if there's an online support group (of sorts) for people with type 2 Diabetes?

Is there any permanent solution of 2 type diabetes?
iam having 130(fasting) 150(pp). not taking any medicine for that.sometimes it rose up to 160. and lower up to 90....

Diabetes Questions! HELP!?
When and Who Can Get Diabetes?
What Are The Symptons?
And How Can it Be Treated?

Thankyou ...

Could i have diabetes?
In the evenings especially i get sooo thirsty i drink loads but im always going to the toilet aswel even if i try to drink less. my sleep patterns are all over the place because i jsut find myself ...

Q for Type 2 Diabetics...?
Its basically impossible to avoid all sugar but do you avoid as much sugar as you can or do you still have the odd pop, piece of candy, etc. sometimes?...

Could i possibly be developing diabetes?
Everyone keps telling me im going to get diabetes. I think i might have it. Im 5'10 150lbs (athletic build) just turned 18. I work out daily. but contantly drink monster energy (1-2 a day) all ...

Diet plan for my 39 years old diebetic husbnd.?
my husbnd is diabetic + his cholestrol level n blood pressures r also high im really worried abt him , wht shall u ppl suggest me as his diet, he is 39 years old his weight is also little bit over,...

Can a someone with blood group of O- marry any other blood group?

Do i have diabetes?
im 14 120 pounds
i have been
-Frequent urination
-Extreme hunger
-blurry vision (i have contacts so i cant tell)
-im sometimes really depressed
Additional Details<...

Diabetes question?
I am 30 years old and I have a strong family history of diabetes in maternal and paternal sides. My grandma had amputations from gangrene due to diabetes and the list goes on and on from effects from ...

Where can I find diabetes recipe?

I am only 25, and I have diabetes. I want to know if its normal for your body to hurt, as if I was in a fight.
I am on insliun, can that have anything to do with it?...

How can you lower blood sugar(type 1)Without ant insulin nor medications?
insulin can make me drowsy and passout for no ...

What does a 7.1 A1c mean?
My Dr. says my my A1c is now 7.5. My weight is going down and I'm trying to eat more healthy

I have type 2 ...

rajan j
Is metformin is harmful for type 2 diabetic people?Many websites are showing it is harmful.what is your views?

Jabbajaws
I am a nurse and this is the primary drug we give to type 2 diabetics. i have never heard of the side effects. Doesnt mean there arnt any but i would say the benefits of the drug far outweigh the risks. Not treating diabetes is far more dangerous!

bunny
Rating
no drug is safe for any patient you have cater for indivdual patient problems like if you are going some angiography or reanl scanning then you have to stop metformin , similarly in reanl failure you cannot take it , so the problem is with the use and in safe hands , it is very safe medicine and relax

Diane Y
I know for a fact some people can not take that medication. For two years I was on it and I kept hearing that the medication is the best and no they wouldn't change it but it messed up my digestive tract and had to be taken off of it and my symptoms cleared up in one week. The GI doctor said alot of people can't take it due to the side effects. I didn't think the side effects were worth it.

Tin S
Metformin has the least amount of There is always someone allergic to something. Do you think airline took peanuts off the fare because of this, NO they took it off to save money.Pretzels are cheap. That is reason you see ads saying Metformin is no good. They want to sell actos, or avandia. Which to me are just a scam.Metformin is cheap and the best drug for us type 2 Diabetics
I pay 2 cents a pill for metformin. You'll pay at least $7 for avandia and or actos. metformin has the least amount of side affect of any drugs. Avandia is dangerous but they paid off the FDA.Actos the same. OH by the way have a couple of beers a day. Alcohol reduces blood sugar levels

Lucky
Rating
i just found out im diabetic and ive been on metformin for a month. im going today for a second opinion as far as my health goes. i went to the doctor complaining of flu like symtoms when i found out about the diabeties. i havent gotten any better or worse since that visit. ive been sick now for 2 months. alot of people say it takes a while for you to adjust to the meds. i also have had some of the side effects listed on the websites ive searched. the hot cold chills, being lightheaded and dizzy, headaches, etc. im not sure if there diabeties related or not. i dont think its harmful as far as my blood sugar readings. my doctor says there great for me. i guess it depends the person and what side effects your willing to put up with to regulate your diabeties.

Mistee
show us the websites that say that please.

i mean, i guess ANY medication is dangerous or has side effects...right?? even pepto bismol.

Mr. Peachy®
Rating
It depends. If the diabetic wishes to engage in vigorous physical activity, then Metformin can be a significant hindrance. If the diabetic wishes to engage in alcohol consumption, Metformin use can be downright dangerous. My personal feeling is practically all drugs are harmful in some way. The benefits, however, usually outweigh the side effects. Since battling my way off the Metformin in December, I've felt a significant increase in energy and stamina on my weekend hikes. To recklessly stop Metformin without taking proper steps, however, would probably be more harmful than taking the drug. You be the judge.

Leslie B
Rating
Good morning,

I live with Type II Diabetes and have worked for over 10 years in the medical field.

Metformin or Glucophage (Brand name). is one of the primary medications prescribed for people with Type II Diabetes as well as Insulin Resistance Syndrome. It's normally prescribed to act in conjunction with a proper diet for the person with Diabetes to control blood glucose levels.

For some people, they come to a place with their diabetic treatment where they need something more than just Metformin to help treat their condition.

As with any medication, each will have its own side effects, but the side effects of Metformin are outweighed by the positives that are produced by this particular drug. And, the common side effects that it does produce are short lived as th e body is adjusting to the new medication. It's only temporary.

I suppose you can find an oppositional website for just about anything. There will always be someone who will denounce something.

If you have been prescribed this medication, take heart that the doctor is acting in your best interest and treating your diabetes properly.

I hope this has helped you some.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy