Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is it possible for a person with diabetes to be this moody?
i know two pepole who has diabetes and they always be moody i want to know if this myth is ture. i want serious ...

Hi, What are some possible ideas of what a government can do to decrease the risk of Diabetes, type 2? - Thanx
It is possible to prevent type 2 Diabetes, especially if it is not in one's genes. What are some responsobilities the government can take up to help. For example, so far I have: 1) More medical ...

How to avoid constipation?

Can you go into a diabetic coma, with high blood sugar? Mine is over 500.?

What should i do if my blood sugar level is 555?

What is pancreatitis?

What can happen if you eat to much sugar all at once?
Please try to answer these questions... Does eating to much sugar at once feel like the same effect you would taking a drug... What are the harmful effects of eating to much sugar at once... My ...

How to control blood sugur?

High blood sugar and anger?
12yr old son, very angry when sugar is up or down too much, anyone else?...

Can somebody live without a pancreas?
People can live, without a galbladder, spleen, one kidney, apendix, even with out a liver (in rare cases).... But can somebody live with out pancreas? If so, what are the risk? The reason for my ...

Why is there an increase in Type 2 Diabetes?

My bf has diabetes and drinks alcohol often, is this bad?
i guess he is type 1 which means he takes shots, but i been hearing you have to eat certain foods and not supossed to drink alcohol, he doesnt do any of that, is that bad? will he die sooner than ...

What organ is demaged on a diabetic patient?
A) lungs
B) heart
C) kidneys
D) gall ...

How can you get infected by diabetes??

How long can someone live with dieabetes they said to me 20 years the most when diganosed?

Do you really know anything about diabetes?
Yes, it's that time again. Every once in a while I feel it's necessary to ask a question like this. I get so fed up by people answering questions in the diabetes section when they ...

What are signs of diabetes.. it runs in the family..?
My uncle is diabetic and this past year we were learning about diabetes in school leading me to wonder if I might be/become diabetic. I do go to the bathroom frequently, and I don't know if I�...

I've Just been diagnosed with very high cholesterol I am going on pills for it what can i do to get it down

What happends when my dad has 380 on his blood sugar?

How do i reduce my stress level?
both short term and long term....

csaw1971
Is it okay to drink water while fasting for bloodwork?
I was told not to eat or drink anything after midnight prior to the day I'm to have bloodwork done for a cholestoral screening. Can I consume drinking water?

bmac
No, nothing by mouth means exactly that...NOTHING.

No water, no ice, no nothing.

karen v
No because they want you to have nothing in your stomach. That means no food or water.

neha_s_1231
yes u can.. there is no problem if u have up to 1 glass of water

Dr. Elle
Rating
I'm pretty sure the answer is "NO", because they don't need anything diluted. At least this is how it was for me for a glucose fasting test for diabetes. I'd just call the lab where you'll be getting the bloodwork done. If they're closed, and you can't stand it anymore, maybe a few sips won't hurt. ???

pinkie
yes is it ok to drink water but only water because you arent supposed to eat or drink anythang before you draw blood

VICTORIA L
Yes you can.........just don't drink TOO much!!!!

ironie83
Rating
yes

Jason C
For cholesterol screening it is ok to have water and even black coffee. Drink them in moderation however. If you were going for blood sugar tests then you can't eat or drink anything. But for lipid panels you can acceptably have water and a cup of plain black coffee.

Gypsy Girl
You can have some, but not a whole lot. Maybe one glass.

Nurse Betty
Rating
NO!! Please do not!! It could alter your blood test depending on how much you drink!! Go first thing in the morning after you have fasted so you can eat and drink after your lab work has been drawn. Good luck on your test results!!!

Nurse Betty

johnbndallas
Rating
yes

piper54alpha
Water is O.K.---Nothing that contains nutrients or sugar, because that could alter the readings for specific tests.

keypointist
Rating
My doctor told me drinking water was okay for a fasting glucose test at least.

shawn
Rating
yeah I work at a doctor office...and It is ok to drink water but please make sure you don't eat or drink anything else

ron c
Rating
Its ok to drink water!

ginger13
Yes, it is actualy recommended. It would be easier to draw blood.

Great Nurse
You can have all the water and coffee you want 12 hours prior to the fasting blood work. Coffee must be black with no cream or sugar. Water does not affect your results..
I tend to disagree with the coffee, but the doctor I work for says its ok.

Christabel
Rating
Yes, just water.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy