Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Indians are more prone to Diabetic.....Why?
is it because of food habits, or No excercise & activities, genetical disorder (heriditary) please be brief....

Can anyone tell me what I can eat on a clear liquid diet?
Dr. rattled off a quick couple of things but too fast to remember. Also what is availible for a MILK free bland ...

Does getting blood drawn hurt?

Diabetes question...?
is diabetes a diseases that passes down through families... example a mother has diabetes and gives birth to a child.. will the child have diabetes?...

Since fruit has a lot of sugar, can you get diabetes if you eat a lot of fruit?
I know it's natural sugar, but is it still bad for you?...

What to eat if u have high sugar?

Could being sick alot be a symptom of diabetes?
I am thirsty alot and has have the urge to use the bathroom i have lost all my energy i play basketball and i used to be able to run run run and not get tired and now i cant do it i eat healthy and ...

Would a doctor be able to determine whether you have diabetes from the blood drawn at each physical?

How can we reduce Diabetes without the Tablets?

Why is American so weighty?
As we can see, we're gotting more and more heavy than before, I mean 1960 to 1990, should we ascribe this to the diet we eat? Weeks ago the British guy Charles announce that people should not go ...

Do you hate your insulin pump? Did you stick with it or go back to syringes?
My girlfriend just started the pump...she's not liking it.
Additional Details
she hates the marks it leaves, she's not liking her infusion set -Inset 30...

Will there be a cure for diabetes?
My son has been a diabetic for 28 years. Anything better coming out, besides transplants or inhaled insulin? What about BETA cells? I have heard about this miracle since 1978....

I'm kind of scared of having a baby and am diabetic what R the risk? Does the baby come out with diabetis too?

Additional Details
I dont take insulin, I take pills so i dont know what stage am in and both my parents are diabetic. my mom and dad got it after the age of 40 and am only 25....

Symptoms of diabetes.. in your own words, not copy and pasted i mean for type 2 thanks.?
what are symptoms to look for if you possibly have type 2 diabetes and dont know it yet....

Can someone tell me what diabetes does to u if u have it?
i allways here its not good to have diabetes butwhat happens when u have ...

Did you forget to take your vitamins?
Our product nutritionally supports the body for people who have diabetes! To find out how IM me!...

Does anyone here have type 1 Diabetes?
Does anyone here have type 1 Diabetes?

If so when were you diagnosed(age)
Additional Details
I wa diagnosed on february 20th, 2006 at age 10 and i am currently 11...

When a hospital does blood work what do they check for?

Whats the difference between type 1 diabetes and type 2?
Hi everyone.
My boss just found out her 16 year old daughter has type 1 diabetes. We were all very sad to hear the news. Apparently she will be taking medication everyday for the rest of her ...

Can diabetes be passed down to your children?
I was wondering if diabetes can be passed down to children if one of the parent had diabetes.
I know about the trait table and i was wondering if it applies for diabetes,so pls,anyone can answer ...

master_shreadder
Is it bad for diabetics to drink Gatorade?
I hear Gatorade is like the worst thing anyone can drink. But out of desperation, I'm looking for what IS good for diabetics to drink that has electrolytes.

kellee_goldstein
Rating
i'm diabetic and was drinking gatorade by the gallon because i was thirsty. i went to the doctor and my sugar levels were through the roof. he asked what i was doing and i told him. he asked if i'd looked at the sugar levels on the bottle. after admitting that i hadn't, he told me to lay off of it. water is the best drink for a diabetic.

Lisa
I am a diabetic and I have been drinking Gatorade. I went to the doctor today and my blood sugar was over 500. Diabetics DO NOT need to drink Gatorade. You would think by now they would make a sugar free Gatorade.

Crystal
you can get the little packets of a generic gatorade at kroger and they are suger free you just pour 1 packet into 1- 16 oz. bottle water

petlover
Rating
My diabetic friends recommend drinking Crystal Light.

jorettah2001
If you are having a heat stroke or are in danger, Gatorade is about the best drink to drink down. At this point, your sugar levels maybe so low it would not matter.

I don't think there really are any good drinks out there that is not loaded with sugar and other high carbs. I too am diabetic and it is hard to find things like that.

claudienetuck
Oh yes. It has a lot of carbs and sugars. I'm not sure about drinks with electrolytes. It is very hard for diabetics for find anything. When looking, look for something with very low or no carbs or sugars. Good luck.

omapat
Rating
Have you had a eloctrolytes test to see what your normal is? If not then you should, as a diabetic, stay away from Gratoraid type drinks. They contain a large amount of salt and the rest of it is sugar. Thats their eloctrolytes!!
Try some weak green tea, or the lemon zinger type teas, or even kool-aid with splenda in a bottle will work find. Water is always the best for your health but man O' man I hate the taste of it.

ATIJRTX
Rating
Any drink that has sugar (sucrose). Sucrose breaks down into glucose.

pixles
Rating
It is probably a lot better than soda or other very high carb drinks.

danielparrilla@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Gatorade should be okay. They do have sugar free electrolyte replacement on the market now. If you are still leery, and I don't blame you do to the severe complications that can occur with uncontrolled diabetes, get some pediasure, it's in the baby section and contains a lot less sugar. I hope this works for you.

ash
dont drink gatorade or for that matter any drink which contains glucose or sucrose. look for sugar free. 'delite' is a powder which has to be mixed with water and it is sugar free. buttermilk is a good option but the best is water. diet coke is also sugar free but id dont know whether it contains electrolytes.

moni
Rating
Gatorade is deffinately not the best drink. It is loaded with sugar and carbs. Try drinking water, or the flavored packets that you put in the water bottles (Crystal Light), and the vitamin water also has electrolytes in it. It is pretty good in taste. I am also a diabetic and the dietician as well as my physician said to leave off gatorade, the calorie intake is not appropriate for our diets.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy