Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

What is a good point for blood sugar level mine is 120?

Is it possible to be diabetic and just lose diabetes one day?

Any alternative medication for a newly diabetic,m,39,my bg is 105 in fasting and 210 at pp?

Is there anyone that has to have a medically evaluated to be able to drive?
The thing is I have to go do this again and I don't want to lose. I can't drive then everything will go. My blood has never been right and I always cheak it be fore I drive and always keep ...

URGENT QUESTION FOR DIABETICS OnLY?
This is urgent guys, no jokes. I've been a type 1 diabtetic since mar/29/07 and recently i have been feeling low all the time, but usualy i'm not. I am coming out of hony moon so could this ...

Are there any diabetics here?
If so, have you read the book "Diabetes Improvement Program" and did the contents of this book help you with improving your diabetes?...

What is wrong with me??
I have been nausciaus, dizzy and totally beet for like a week and the only thing that makes me feel better is eating, but i have NO appetite...maybe It's nothing but maybe its something? ...

What are normal blood sugar levals?

What should Diabetics eat and avoid?... and why?
im doing a coursework project for foodTechnology, and im just wondering what diabetic sufferers should eat and what they should not. aswell as why. :D ...

Are diabetics barred from giving blood U.K. Thanks in advance - its important to know. As my b.f. may have ha
d diabetes for some time and has given blood several times before he knew about his condition. Thanks again....

My 9yr. old daughter has type 1 diabetes and I have lots of questions!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!?
How do I make her more comfortable about it? She is scared to go anywheres like school, playing with friends, or going out with family. The hospital stressed it to hard on her. Also there is no ...

Can alcohol abuse cause Diabetes?
Can excessive alcohol consumption, a half bottle of whisky per day, every day, cause diabetes?...

May i know if diabetes is dangerous to my health ?
last nov. i was diagnos of diabetes and 2times they examined my blood test.and the results are they same.at my age 36,the doctor can't believed that i have diabetes.that time my blood preasuse ...

Diabetes among teens?
I am doing a documentary on diabestes and the correlation between schools selling soft drinks and candy and the increasing number of diabetics among the teen population in canada.
Do you think ...

If chlorine is poison, then why don't they put a warning label on Splenda?
Yes, splenda is made from chlorine, people.
Additional Details
"The process selectively replaces three hydrogen-oxygen groups on the sugar molecule with three chlorine atoms"<...

Can diabetes lead to cataract and can an early stage of cataract be treated naturally with diet & supplements?

My husband s sugar level is 150 is it dangerous.pls guide?

Blood sugar test result interpretation?
how much sugar in blood on fasting is normal and on post ...

Where can I find fake results for an insulin pump daily journal?
I need to "fake" blood glucose results- ie. BG, carbs, meal and correction bolus.
Additional Details
I need to "fake" BG results, carbs, meal and correction bolus, ...

I just found out from my Dr that my "sugar" is high and that I am probably Diabetic, can anyone suggest ...
some good web sites to visit for info. I tried a quick search and didn't really seem to see the kind of info I need right now. I am going for further tests tomorrow, so it will most likely be ...

Adelaide B
Is honey and oatmeal good for diabetics?
I"m trying to regulate my blood sugar and am wanting to know if oatmeal and honey is good for this.
Also what other kinds of foods are helpful in trying to regulate blood sugar?
My triglyceride levels were at 106 and I'm 40 years old so I think I should start doing something to reverse it to a healthier level before I become a diabetic.
What's the best way I can do this?
Additional Details
Why did someone give Mark and Tin a thumbs down?
I wish people would try to be a little nicer on here.

Tin S
Oatmeal. cinnimon, equal = GOOD FOR YOU

Use ΒΌ to Β½ teaspoon of cinnamon per day. Add it to your coffee, oatmeal, smoothie, or wherever you find it palatable.
If you already suffer from diabetes, be sure to stay on a regular schedule with your cinnamon usage so that your blood sugar levels don't yo-yo.Use the same amount at the same time every day so that you can get a sense of how cinnamon affects your own personal blood sugar readings.
Use the powdered spice or a cinnamon stick. Cinnamon pills are also available, and can be found easily via an online search. MHCP is water soluble and is not found in cinnamon oil.

Lime and lemon juice delay the digestion of starches as does vinegar. I've found that 2-3 tablespoons of lime or lemon juice reduces my post prandial BG response by 10-20 points. Rick Mendosa's site has a lot of material on acids in the diet. Take a look at http://www.mendosa.com/acidic_foods.htm .

GumboSoup
Rating
They were given a thumbs down for bad answers.

Any kind of grain based food is not good for you. Particularly the refined ones. If you have oatmeal, make sure it is not the quick kind and more preferably it should be the steel cut oats. That is, if you feel like you need to eat it at all.

Oatmeal may level out blood sugars because of the fiber. However, oatmeal is still a carbohydrate and will raise you sugar levels. It may or may not spike your levels, but it will certainly raise them for a sustained period.

If a diabetic is considered to have a problem metabolizing sugar/carbs, why in the world would that person want to consume carbs in the form of oatmeal. It intuitively doesn't make any sense.

The problem with grains and grain based food is that even though you think that your sugar levels aren't rising to dangerous levels, your triglyceride levels may be increasing. 106 isn't horrible, but you should strive for below 100. And, that will require consuming fewer grains and grain based foods.

Ever wonder how they fatten a goose's liver for foie gras? They force feed it grains. Grains contribute to a fatty liver.

Honey is certainly and easily a no-no.

Because you aren't diabetic yet, there's no need to drive yourself crazy. But, if you are serious about your health, you should limit your carbs to no more than 30 grams per day (6/12/12 for breakfast/lunch/dinner), protein 50-70 grams per day (too much protein is metabolized as sugar through a process known as gluconeogenesis), the rest of your calories should come through good fats (like olive oil, coconut oil, butter, fish oil). You should also eat lots of leafy greens and non-root vegetables.

Good luck. You have the opportunity to prevent a disease that can affect your life forever.

SBflyer99
Rating
Honey, no. Oatmeal, yes, in moderation. Use cinnamon on the oatmeal. Research has determined that it helps to regulate blood sugar.

Uwak H
Rating
very good foods, you can eat all foods........in the right portion, don't forget exercise and enjoy .......

jmanlefty
Adalaide, like the other person said, oatmeal is okay, but not the honey. Try just a quarter cup of raw small 3 minute oats, with 3/4 T of extra virgin olive oil. Maybe a 1/16th t. pinch of salt. Stay away from the honey.

Mark H
Rating
Oatmeal is good! Honey isn't, since it has sugars in it.

If it takes sweet or sugarly, it's most likely bad for your blood sugar. Avoid hard candies and juicy fruits, like apples.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy