Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Should I get tested for Diabetes?
Hi, a friend said i should get tested for diabetes. I urinate between 10-20 times a day, have been known for vision to go blurry in one eye, am tired at the random times of the day, and being really ...

Why is too much potassium bad for a person.?

I have diabetes and have very high sugar?
i have diabetes and have been feeling extremely tired and unwell i tested my sugar this morning and was 20.9 which i know is very high im on metformin x4 a day how can i get the sugar levels ...

Which are the fruits a Diabetic can eat safely?
I prefer to skip Dinner and have fruits
Which are the fruits I can have ...

Did you know there was a difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
I have type 1 and it really offends me when people think I have type 2. they are really very different....

Does eating sugar really cause hyperactivity in children?

Can diabetes be controlled by diet?

How does beer affect diabetics?

Glucophage?
Doctor put me on Glucophage about 6 days ago, since then my sugar levels have come down from 400 to about 290 which is still obviously high. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for it to get your ...

What is coginitive function?

Should i go to the hospital if my blood sugar is 300 ?
i don't know what to do .. please somebody help me !!!
Additional Details
i took my meds but instead of going down now is 400 .. i don't know what to ...

If I get a prescription and it says take it 3X a day, does that mean every 8 hrs. or with my 3 meals that day?

Help!! Husband has type II diabetes and is on a pump with very high BS (260-350) Refuses to exercise or diet!?
Any suggestions?? Divorce?? Beat him with a stick?? I don't know, I'm running out of options here and his vision and feet are going down hill.
Additional Details
Forgot to ...

How can you tell if you have diabetes? Other than going to your doctor...any signs? Thanks in advance! :)?

I have diabeteies. People say that sweeteners are not healty. Is that right or which one is the best? splenda?

How did I get Type 1 diabetes?
I know that type 1 diabetes can't be avoided, and it's pretty much genetic. Also it's most common in white people. But I'm black girl with no family history of type 1 diabetes. I&#...

Is borderline diabetes can go back to normal state, and stay normal? or when you get it you'll never go back?

Can anybody suggest exercises by which pancreas can produce sufficient insulin to reduce diabetic condition?

How do I get control of my diabetes!?
I have been struggling to get control of my diabetes now for a couple months and it is really hard! Seems like no matter what I do I cant get a grip on it. HELP ME PLEASE!...

If you have diabetes, how many people in your family have it too?

Christine H
Is drinking very little water when you have kidney problems ok?
My friend who is diabetic has kidbney function problems.
She claims she was told to rest her kidneys and drink very little each day.
Does that make sense or has she misheard what the doctor was telling her?

Tin S
Rating
What I can tell you that 8 glasses of water a day is false and erroneous. 64 to 80 oz. a day is what is indicated. But this was overlooked, and now it 8 oz. /8 times a day.We get so many oz. from the food we eat and the liquids that we drink, that 8 glasses a day would have us camping on the toilet. But its good for the bottled water industry that sell water no better than our own tap!

sissy
Rating
wrong.. She should drink 2 litres a day of filtered or bottled low-sodium water.
Check with a nutritionist,just in case.
Chances are she misheard/misunderstood the doctor anyway.

~ D ~
I would say it's possible she misundertood. I can't imagine a doctor advising to drink very little water, when we are told we need 6-8 glasses per day... especially if she already has kidney problems. I'm sure she and you both know we need water to flush our kidneys and keep them in good working order so they can filter our blood properly.
as Heidi Anne said.. just tell your friend to go back to her doctor and ask again just what she is being advised to do. chances of an actual doctor being on here to answer this are pretty slim, so just tell her to ask her GP.

MamaSmurf
Your body needs water, but I have heard of this. I knew a guy that had a very hard time with his kidneys, he actually had a transplant, and he had to go easy on the water for a little while.

babysparkle1975@btinternet.com
Rating
im diabetic and have kidney problems, i was told to drink up to 10 pints of fluids a day to keep kidneys clear and prevent infections

Ms Merlin
Rating
Yes.
Difficult situation.
If she drinks too much fluid her kidneys will not cope and she will end up in hospital on dialysis, in the worst case with severe heart and breathing problems, some times even needing to be intubated and ventilated (tube and breathing machine).
She should keep her blood glucose levels under tight control so she does not need to drink a lot of fluids to 'flush out' excess sugar, like a lot of diabetics are told to do.

Heidi Anne
Well im not a doctor so im not sure but it doesnt sound right to me. I was scolded for not drinking enough and I was actually slowly killing my body! But then again I dont have kidney problems. I would just have your friend ask her doctor again. Just to make sure.

debk
Rating
Some illnesses you can't drink a lot of water

nwanma
Rating
it is possible. maybe the kidneys cannot deal with the water overload.

Eddy T
Rating
It is true that doctors advice their patients with kidney problems to drink less water becuase their kidneys are damaged. Especially after a dialysis treatment. I had a friend who had to undergo this kind of treament every four or five days.

Chris G
Ther is a middle ground for diabetics: should drink water but not excessive amounts: no sweet drinks.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy