Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

HELP!!! who wants 10 pts.?
ok so my dad has very high blood sugar he is diabetic and he has it casue of stress. How can i make him lower his blood sugar ASAP?!? He is 50 yeears old?...

Just found out that of my girlfriend has diabetes. Should I be upset because she lied to me about it?

Additional Details
Actually she did lie because when I found a pill bottle in her bookbag she said it was for headaches or something like that. And I asked why she was always going to ...

Is diabetis curable?

What would happen to a non-diabetic if injected with insulin ?

Is it true that there's a cure for diabetes, but the drug companies don't want to let it out?
Because they make more money selling the drugs to treat it then they would to cure it?...

Can you have diabetes and not know it?
Three years ago, I passed out at work. I was experiencing high levels of stress at the time. I was doing a show on live t.v. that i wasn't prepared for. And I had not eaten anything all day. It ...

Am I a diabetic?
In July I did blood tests. My insulin was 23 where it should be below 10, bloodsugar was 6.7 where aparantly it should be below 6.5 (I unfortunately do not know the units that these were measured in)....

Both of My Feet are Swollen and Infected?
Help ! Both of My Feet have become swollen and Infected.Is this Diabetes ? What Herbal Supplements would help ? I also have no Appetite.Would Drinking lots of Water Help ? Should I stay away from S...

Can you give blood as a diabetic?
I am thinking about giving blood this week at a Red Cross drive this week. I am nervous and all, but I am also not sure if my diabetes will be a problem. I am not severely diabetic, like I am not ...

What are the long term affects if you have type 2 diabetes and you keep eating sugary foods?
Is it ok to eat sugar everyday? Should it be a cause for concern? I keep saying it is but my dad who has it says he would rather die happy and my mum cant be bothered to fight with him. His eye sight ...

What are the signs of high blood sugar levels?

Who do i phone if i find used syringes?

How could i help a friend with diabetes?
my friend has diabetes but she just says it is not that bad she says she just has take care of what she eats but she doesnt want to go the clinic so they could check how is her diabetes.what could i ...

It would be help if any professionals could answer this, my nurse has been useless!?
After injecting, the skin stays painful temporarily. After the pain is reduced it does not go away completely and it stays tender for a very long time!

Why does this happen and is there ...

Do you think diabetes and depression are linked?

I'm a very unhealthy eater... What will it do to me?
Well, I eat very unhealthily. For lunch I have things like candy. I am a vegetarian, so I can't get protein and nutrients that I need. I can't see what I am doing to myself. What will ...

When I stand up, I'm dizzy/off balance for a moment. Is this blood pressure thing? I'm 72 years old?

Waht is the after effect of Alcohal for diabetic patience?

IS sugar-free candy for type 2 diabetes safe this is new to me can't you tell.?

I test my blood every morning, and since I started taking?
amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium tablets for a sinus infection five days ago, my blood surgar level has been increasing 5 points a day ...I really watch my diet,....can these pills be interferring ...

divya h
Is corn good for diabetes?

yepitsme22
Generally NOT! It converts quickly and raises glucose levels a lot.

cute_girl200643
Rating
maybe i think u better ask the doctor about that he may help u!!!

jane d
I would not make a meal on it. As with any other food you must eat it in moderation. As far as being good for you every food has a nutritional value. With diabetes you must be careful of how much protein, carbs, sodium, etc. you consume. Everything must be measured out.

JUPITER
Rating
Read all about diabetes & food here:
http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/eating_ez/

I have diabetes myself!
Greetings from Germany...

BAR
Rating
it is a starchy vegetable. I eat corn but i count it into what i allow myself for a meals worth of carbs. I usually eat about 45-60 grams at a meal (I am a type 1 and take insulin to cover that)

Alan S
Depends how much of it you eat, what time of day you eat it, what methods you use to manage your diabetes - and what type you are.

As to whether it's OK for you - test your BGs an hour after you eat it. If you're high, reduce the portion next time. if not - great, buy more corn.

rockerchick82
Rating
General rule of thumb for diabetics is low carbs/low GI. Corn is high. If it were very little, say in a corn salsa, that would be okay, otherwise, go for the broccoli or green beens. They would be a much better choice.

Arsh S
Rating
It should be avoided since it has a lot of sugar in it.
SO should carrots.

Dorothy and Toto
Rating
Corn, potatos and rice are all starches that turn quickly to sugar.

Action Plan for Diabetes

1. Nutrition is the key to getting rid of the cravings. Once you learn about nutrition (#6) and also cleansing out the toxins in the body by doing a colon, liver, and kidney cleanse. You'll be on your way to a healthy life.

2. Keep in mind that the goal of diabetic treatment and self-care is to restore blood sugar levels close to normal and to correct related metabolic disorders. One of the best ways to accomplish this is by eating small, frequent meals throughout the day that emphasize fresh, organic foods that are low on the glycemic scale, such as raw and lightly steamed vegetables, low sugar whole fruits, nuts, seeds, whole grains and legumes, yams, wild fish, poultry, lean cuts of beef, bison meal, lamb or veal.

3. Minimize or eliminate your intake of simple carbohydrates and all sugars, as well as tobacco and processed "junk foods." In addition, reduce your intake of alcohol and caffeine. Both alcohol and caffeine could be enjoyed on special occasions, rather than daily or even weekly habits.

4. Remain hydrated; drinking adequate quantities of pure water is essential for all aspects of your health. Must drink about a gallon of water a day to maintain health. Your body is craving this much more than caffeine and sugar.

5. Engage in regular light exercise and stress reduction because they are KEY to maintaining lower levels of blood sugar.

6. Consider supplementing with nutrients such as B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, CHROMIUM PICOLINATE, magnesium, potassium, essential fatty acids, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, and vanadium.

7. Herbs such as astragalus, CINNAMON, bitter melon, fenugreek, raw garlic (one of the best for blood pressure), ginseng, Gymnema sylvestre, and nopal cactus, can also provide significant benefits.

8. If you have already developed Type I or Type II diabetes, combine the above self-care natural cures with professional care from a holistically oriented physician or other alternative health care practitioner. Particularly useful professional care therapies for treating and preventing diabetes include chelation therapy, food allergy testing, parasite testing and if necessary, cleansing, and oxygen therapy.

9. Prevention, if you are pre-disposed and managing a diabetic condition, is a life-long commitment. By committing to the guidelines above, you can significantly improve your symptoms, and, if you suffer from Type II diabetes, quite possibly reverse them altogether. Implementing diet and lifestyle changes can help improve your energy levels, and your confidence in your ability to experience greater health.

10. Watch the 8-minute non-profit video http://www.rawfor30days.com/view.html , about diabetes diet.

♥ terry g ♥
Not for mine. I love it but it raises my sugar to insane levels.

graves_jean
I don't think it's bad, but it does have a lot of carbs in it...

~countrymonkey~
i have diabetes and i love corn but if you get canned sweet corn watch out your blood sugar will go through the roof

simplesimon
No....it turns to sugar....

Cammie
As you can see from the following ,corn is a moderate veggie and a good source of fiber.
Just count your carbs . It's all about that.

Nutrition Information for Sweet Corn:
The following nutrition information is for one serving of sweet corn. That would be about one medium (6-3/4" to 7-1/2" long) ear of sweet corn, or 90 grams. This general information is for any variety of raw yellow sweet corn.

Macronutrients:
Water: 68.36 g

Calories: 77

Protein: 2.90 g

Carbohydrates: 17.12 g

Fiber: 2.4 g

Sugars: 2.90 g

Total Fat: 1.06 g

Saturated Fat: 0.164 g

Monounsaturated Fat: 0.312 g

Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.503 g

Cholesterol: 0 mg

huggz
Rating
Its fine in moderation, just watch the portion size for carbs. Its a medium GI food.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy