Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Is insulin taxing on the body?
Does using a lot of insulin have a harsh effect on the body?...

Why do some people administer insulin in the abdomen?
compare with the other sites....

HELP! what can i do about insulin resistance??
i'm 18 years old. i haven't been to the doctor in years but i've done a lot of self-studying and i think i may have insulin resistance. i'm very overweight and i always crave ...

If you are a diabetic is it possible to have the gastrial bypass?

My daughter is pregnant & her doctor prescribed metformin for diabetes is this safe?

High sugar level question?
After eating within 15 minutes I am feeling very poorly.
I am 28 weeks pregnant.
My sugar level is high after eating but then drops after 75 minutes. For that first hour I think I need ...

73yr old diabetic with advanced glaucoma which causes blindness?
Her diabetes is poorly controlled as she lives alone and has become increasingly confused i have been asked to visit twice daily to prepare and supervise her meals.What communication problems might i ...

Diabetes help?
Why are people with diabetes always thirsty and get stomach cramps?

and what treatment or action is taken to control the diabetes?

school project
thnx
xox
A...

To measure blood glucose?
Hi,
Is there a way to measure blood glucose level at home? I mean does some handy, small and affordable equipment comes, using which I could keep track of my glucose level, as I suspect not ...

I think I may be developing diabetes. I would like to know what is normal for levels. mine is 156.?
I'm also anemic. Could the symptoms from my anemia be affecting my blood sugar?
Additional Details
I had just had lunch. Thanks so much for all of the concern. I will check again ...

What is a normal blood presure for a 40+ year old and is 132/79 good?

What kind of foods can i eat or not eat if i am a diabetic?

Why is diabetes such a proplem with hispanics?

Can drinking Coca Cola every day raise your blood sugar?

Systoms of diabetes?
what are the systoms of diabetes? Because I don't know if I have it or ...

What causes cramps? High or low blood sugar level?
Is it ok if fasting blood sugar level remains between 120-140...

Would anyone know what could be the problem?
with someone who has diabetes with a blood sugar count of 166 and BP of 98/70, the problem is that this person also complains of being very dizzy. And that is where I am stumped I can understand the 1...

Does this Sound Like Diabetic?
okay I had my blood taken 3 weeks ago still no call from my doctor, I have symptoms of very tired, will sleep long periods of time because my body and mind just doesnt want to wake up exp fall asleep ...

What are the real true symtoms of diabetes??????
I have most of the symtom but I have no idea what fatigue means. I NEED HELP!!
Additional Details
my symptoms are

thirst
hunger
exaused
go to the bathroom a ...

What is the blood sugar range for a non diabetic?
Just before Thanksgiving, my blood sugar level was 96.

Just minutes after the full thanksgiving meal including the pumkin pie my blood sugar was 145

does this mean i am now ...

silver wings
Is a glucose level of 121 considered diabetes?

Additional Details
(After fasting).

leahabj
For a fasting glucose test:
<100 mg/dl is normal
Diabetes is:
>126 mg/dl or a plasma glucose >126 mg/dl

It all depends on what kind of test you did? You should check out the diabetes websites.

nurse_red9370
No, but you are vague in your question. Was that a fasting, one done by an at home machine? The "normal" is between 80-120. If you have further concerns, ask your doctor. Hope this helps

br22239
If it is just after a meal, no. But if it is before a meal I would suggest keeping an eye on it.

Beware the fury of a patient man
no

pillowqueenie
Well, that depends if that is a fasting or post meal blood sugar? Did you use a home test meter or were you at a doctors office? those things matter when determining if you have diabetes. I would say call your doctor and make an appointment, the normal blood sugar of a person without diabetes is a lot lower, like between 75-100, the normal sugar range for someone with diabetes is between 80-120 so its hard to say but I think its high.

drsuria_cbe
Rating
Depend on the time of the Blood glucose level in the body. Normal Lvels: If it is taken in the morning the blood glucose level range should be between 80-110mgms /dl. 2 hours after principal lunch (noon-as in India )it should be 100-140 mgms/dl Random at any time in between it should be between 80-120mgms/dl. Any level above this is considered diabetes.

pepperjg
Rating
No
This is in the normal range. It might be slightly elevated but not even close to being diagnosed as a diabetic. Normal range is 85 - 120
Also: If you just ate something your blood sugar level can be slightly higher. Don't worry until it gets to be 180 or higher every time you get it checked. I've been a diabetic for 28 years. Your doing fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy