Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Diabetes question?
hello
i have question about diabetes
my mother has been recently diagnosis with diabetes and when she had the test in Turkmenistan the results appeared like this 7.3 . what that means ? ...

Newly diagnosed?
diabetes type 2??
where do i start
Additional Details
well details... are I have to go back and talk again to the doc... she was so good but i got lost in all she was saying.. ...

Why is my blood sugar level 220 one minute...?
When I check my blood sugar level, one minute it will be 220 and I'll test it 2 minutes later, and it will be 180. Does anyone know why? It does it with a OneTouch Ultra Mini, and an Accu-Chek A...

I am diabetic, I have no health insurance, am disabled, live in AJ Ariona, I need a doctor, where can I go?
My husband cannot get medical insurance through his work, AHCCS denied me because he makes too much money, yet we have so much money we cam barely make ends meet, there is no health insurance for D...

What stores can i fins insulin pumps?
im looking for an insulin pump plzzzzzzz tell me where i can find 1 plz ...

Can my employer deny me a doctor's visit if they know that I have diabetes & they knew the appt was scheduled?

My 16 yr old daughter, fasted for 15 hrs, and her blood sugar was 90, is that normal?
She started having seizures when she was 14, she is now 16. They can't find anything neurological. Sometimes they seem to come on if she hasn't eaten alot, sometimes they may not. Just ...

Diabetes type 1?
hi there my 4 year old has type 1 diabetes and she has got very bad diarea she has been to the hospital and they have said as long as she is not being sick she should be fine but she has not eaten ...

My sugar is around 400 I am a type 2 diabetic how serious is this?

What are some good snacks to get for people with diabetes?

I am a diabetic with heart problems and also have endometriosis. Is safe to get pregnant?
My husband has no children. I have a seven year old by another marriage I wont get on birth control because I want to get pregnant. I've been trying for 5 years should I stop trying?...

Diabetes and stress?
Does stress cause A diabetic's suger to jump up and down like a yo yo?...

Does losing weight..?
Does losing weight really easy have anything to do wth diabeties? I have headachs, I get really dissy, Im thirsty, My throat get really dry at night,i lose weight really easy, for ex. If I run for ...

Why does diabetes make a person angry?

Diabetes. Possibility to go blind or develop other complications....?
I have a friend who was diagnosed with type II diabetes 2 years ago. During that 2 year span she took no measures to take care of herself. Now during the past 4 months or so, she's made a ...

What is the best diet for pre-diabetes?

Can you ever run out of blood?
if you get alot alot of needles .Can your body ever run out of blood?
Additional Details
if u have needles alot alot of them can ur body run out of blood?

where does more ...

Can diabetics get tatoos?

I was just diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes 90 day test was 7.4 will I use meds or needle?
Doc did not say.I have to go to class on Diabetes before I find out if I will use meds or needle.Class is week away....

Why isn't there artificial salt just like there is artificial sugar?

portajohnfan P
Is a blood sugar of 114 3 1/2 hours after eating still normal?

Slowhand
Rating
The new standards say anything over 90 is high.
I've been a nurse for over 30 years and diabetic for the past 5. A BS of 114 is fine.
Ask yourself this:
Do you feel OK?
Are you shaky, sweating, hands trembling?
Are you dizzy, weak, can't concentrate?

You will know when you BS is low.

InsideR
114 (6.3 in Canada) is actually a great level to be at!

I'm just wondering how anything above 90 (5.0) is high under any standard :S

Chris
Rating
I can tell you reading is normal and it is. Visit my blog site and print off the Blood Glucose Level Chart and be better prepared.

Best Wishes.

Jacquot thinks normal is boring
That's a really good rating, actually. Just be aware to keep checking to make sure you don't drop too far in between meals. But 114 is great. Congrats!

I just tested 205, so hopefully I can get to your level someday. :)

Boozeman
Rating
Yeah.

But if you have heart disease in the family or high cholesterol or hypertension then you will have to watch it more carefully.

Bay Point
Is it normal 3 1/2 hours after eating?

Probably not, your blood sugars should drop to normal within two hours or so after eating, now you may ask.... well what is normal for a diabetic three plus hours after eating? there is no one answer that fits everyone, diabetes is all about statistical averages. A reading of 114mg/dl is slightly elevated but you should be more concerned what your A1c is.

And remember home meters are inaccurate by 10-20% either up or down, they should be used as a general guide, nothing more.

Brian T
I'm a diabetic who has read more than a dozen books on the subject when I was recently diagnosed.

A fasting blood glucose (BG) level should be under 100 but over 70. Beware though, there is something called the "dawn effect" where in about the first half hour to hour after you first wake up, your BG level will be elevated due to the Adrenalin rush that wakes you up. This is normal.

A normal BG before a meal should be 90 to 120 and after a meal it should be 100 to 130. The normal goal is to keep it below 140 at all times.

The more important test is the A1C. The ADA recommends an A1C below 7%. The A1C is more of a 90 window into BG control. Your body replaces it's hemoglobin about every 90 days. Glucose links to hemoglobin over time. The A1C test looks to see how much glucose is linked to hemoglobin in a given size sample.

I hope you find this helpfull.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy