Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How to keep low blood sugar ?
Someone close in my family has a problem of high blood sugar for about a year now.
Never started to take insulin. Doctor has suggested a medicine which he is taking regularly. However, I wish ...

Diabetes help, please!?
My friend is suffering from diabetes and can't afford her meds. She has insurance but even still the medicine is over $275 a month. She is single and is working 2 jobs now just to get by. She ...

Possible diabetes?
I am 24 years old and have had perfect vision allmy life. Recently my eyes seem to be a bit blurry, or they feel like theyre straining. Also at the same time I have been experiencing a mild tingling ...

Diabetes question?
is it healthier for diabetics to take sugar substitutes (Sweet n Low) or pure honey?...

My guestion is. Why are so many women over weight?
they eat like wild pigs....

What kind of doctor would help evaluate bloodsugar problems further?
My children seems to have blood sugar related problems (like hypoglycemia), but urine tests don't show diabetes. The pediatrician has only tested urine and I don't know what else to ask ...

Chances of my daughter having Diabetes?
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes when I was 13, they said it wasn't juvenile but I was extremely over weight. My husbands grandmother died of diabetes I'm guessing type2 also. So my ...

Should a non diabetic (glucose 104, insulin 11) take metformin er 500mg?
Patient bmi 27, exercises ...

Is drinkiing urine good for heaslth?

Has anyone suffered fits due to a diabetic hypo ?

What causes high triglycerides?

If a person cant get enough to drink their mouth is always dry what is this a sympton of?
the person has diabeties but want leave the coke products alone knowing that he should not have them....

If I have a hemaglobin A1c of 6.2 is that considered good or bad?

What is a normal blood sugar count?

What is a good question to ask?
What is a good question to ask?...

Are there places that can help finance surgery like gastric bypass I weigh 420 my insurance won't pay?
My Insurance is blue cross blue managed by central states of illinois. there is stipulation on the policy , even if it benefits it still doe not cover the proceedure. I have some money saved but the ...

Is neuropathy curable?
My Dad has been diagnosed w/ severe neuropathy. The neurologist said it was curable but he is in so much pain, constantly. Nothing has helped his pain. He's been suffering for 5 mths now. Any ...

Possible diabetes?
I'll go ahead and get to the point of my concern. I think I might be a candidate for diabetes.

1. My mom got diabetes when she was pregnant with me, and now has it again. I guess it ...

Age percentage in here? Like mostly over, mostly under 30?
I am 48, I love this site but I tend to think it's mostly younger people. I have medical questions that only older people would understand, so I'm just wondering. Exacly what I an looking ...

Is there anyway i can aviod diabetic complications from diabetes?
I have diabetes, and have had it for 7 years now. My last A1C was 8.6, and i'm really scared about my future. Can someone help me, and give me some encouragement on how i can aviod complications?...

soccerman297
Is 144 over 70 bloodpressure bad?

justwondering
Flagged the guy above me for promoting a scam cure for diabetes.

Becky W
Rating
the top number should be a little lower but the lower number is good.

caffsans
the 144 is a bit high the 70 is okay if you can get the 144 under 140 ,you will be fine =diabetics have to be careful

s. w
144/70 isnt bad at all ppl who said the top number needs to be 5 lower???? it will harly make a difference. thats text book i have patients with a normal blood pressure of 180/90 and theyre fine it depends on you ur age ur health and medical history. ur blood pressures fine!

amembal4444
Rating
Normal blood pressure is around 120/80 mm of Hg (Mercury) for a healthy person. There is no safe limit beyond normal. Any value other than normal should be a reason for taking care.

If continuously, the systolic and diastolic pressure excelled the limit of 140/90, a human being is said to have high blood pressure. He needs medical care values higher than 160/95 are placed in the danger zone.

* Garlic helps to lower blood pressure by 5 to 10%. It can also lower cholesterol, reduce triglyceride levels, does not allow the clot formation, and increases blood circulation.
* Add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper in half a cup Luke warm water and stir.
Drink when required.
* Prepare a mixture by adding 1/2 onion juice and 1/2 honey. Take 2 tbls once a day for 1-2 weeks.
* Eat 1 Papaya on an empty stomach daily for a month. Do not eat anything after for about 2 hours.
* Intake of potassium also helps to maintain the blood pressure.
* Some parts of the Laminaria and similar seaweeds are used as a blood-pressure-lowering drug in a preparation called Kombu.
* Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) has a tonic effect on the heart and circulatory system. Drink the tea daily, or use lemon balm vinegar on salads.
* Take nutmeg or saraswat powder in warm milk.
* Take equal parts of Ashwagandha, Valerian, and Gotu kola. Mix well and take 1-3 grams of the powdered herbs with warm water or with ghee.
* Being physically active is one of the most important steps to prevent or control high blood pressure.
* Reduce salt intake, smoking, alcohol intake and avoid fried foods.
* Increase the intake of fruits and green vegetables in the diet.
* Reduce stress.
* Those who are over weight should try hard to reduce weight. Weight reduction can be achieved through regulation of diet, reasonable and non-tiring exercise.
* Morning walk is also very helpful in reducing the blood pressure.

Chrisey
depending on your age.. if you are in your late 30's or 40's its ok..

if you are younger then the higher one would need to come down a little but don't worry. Eat less saturated fats and less salts. Less processed foods.. Be happy..

Fat Boy
Rating
No that's not bad at all. Your top number could be alittle lower (like130-135) but no, pretty good.

Micquie
That's not actually too bad. The top number is a little high, but all in all, I'd say it was pretty good. Depending on your age.

ConMan
Don't listen to the 14 year olds above that think it's no big deal. Even a 2-4 mmHg difference in blood pressure has been shown to make a difference in clinical trials, and each 20/10 mmHg increase in blood pressure doubles your risk of cardiac death. As stated above by the holistic dude, 120/80 is optimal. While your diastolic (70) is fine, the systolic of 144 is a concern because of the DIFFERENCE (74 mmHg) between the two numbers (known as pulse pressure). Your age would tell me how big a problem you might have for the future. You may be showing early signs of losing normal elasticity in your blood vessels. The older you get, the larger the difference between systolic and diastolic you will typically see, which increases the risk for stroke. You may be able to manage this with exercise and a proper diet, a little weight loss if you need it, and limiting salt in your diet. Maybe even a few suggestions from holistic dude above. Most docs won't add medication until the pressure is >140/90, but again your pulse pressure concerns me. Smoking should definitely be avoided. High cholesterol may be an issue here as well and should be checked. But, ****be sure to see your doctor****. A message board is no substitute for proper medical care. I wish you the best...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy