Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Will there ever be a cure for diabetes?
i have diabetes and i am 11 years old will there ever be a cure for it??? i know god gave me diabetes cause he might want me there a little earlier than the average person but i really don't ...

Is bagels good for diebetics ?
I have been a diebetic since two ...

Diabetic lunch question?
Could you tell me if its ok to eat bakes beans on brown toast for lunch please? I have been diagnosed as a diabetic2 but as tet i haven't had a diet sheet .Thank you in ...

Type 1 diabetic is worse than a type 2 diabetic and they get help?
ive been type 1 for 30yrs i have had a lot of problems and cant get any help.type 2 is diet control and wont be as severe as type 1...

Does Sugar have animal bone in it?
I have a friend who is a strong going vegan[I'm veg. myself] who looks up everything she eats to see if it has animal in it. She found out from somewhere that sugar has animal bone in it, is it ...

Which is worse in diabetes, high or low blood sugar levels?

Fact or Fiction?
Is it true that with type one diabetes you lose weight when your blood sugar is too high? Don't worry---I'm NOT TRYING THIS, but I'm concerned because that has been going on with a ...

Do I have diabetes?
I do have frequent urination. I have excessive thirst. I have extreme hunger. I'm like always tired. I have slow-healing sores or frequent infections. I find myself each morning with a dry mouth....

I am 46 and found out today i have diabeties.?
its all on my fathers side of the family. that and heart problems. my weight is right for my size. 5. 10", 150lbs, for 20 years i have been doing what i thought to avoid it. what are some ...

The way my friends deal with me having diabeties?
i was recently diagnosed in feb so i had to tell friends and my job and such about it. now they treat me like a little kid. im making such and such for dinner and then they will come back with can ...

Newly Diagnosed Diabetic....Where should I start?
I was diagnosed two weeks ago and have started medication, I am overweight, but I also have a strong family history of diabetes both on my mother's and father's side.

I am ...

Can you withhold food and water from a sick person? One NOT in a coma?

My husband has juvenile diabetes and?
sometimes when his blood glucose gets low, his mouth freezes up, he can't talk, his lips get all weird and hesays he feels weird....does this happen to anyone else?
Additional Details<...

Is it more dangerous for diabetics to eat too much or too little?

Is it possbile that diatbetes can be cured COMPLETELY?
By medicine, by prevention or by any other method?...

How do you explain somebody how low blood sugar feels?

Carbs and diabeties?
How many carbs are you allowed to consume a day on a diabetic diet ?...

Blood sugar (please suggest something to lower it)?
ever since I was diagnosed when I was twelve my blood sugar has rarely seen below 450 unless i was in the hospital. I do what the doctor asks me, I work out but I don't know if it counts as ...

How do you know that you may have diabetes? What are the symptoms?
am a 28 years old woman!...

First day of insulin.... no results?
I just started insulin today......and my blood sugars seem as high as before...will i see results right away or will it take a few days?...

crazygirl415420
Is 127 a good blood sugar reading?
i just checked my sugar and it said 127 is that good or baD?

Spence!!!
Rating
It all depends on your Type If you are Type One Yes It's Very good the now if youare type two its not great but it's ok!!

sarha_96
perfectly fine. I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't stress about getting a Hgb A1C done either. If you are worried about it talk with your Dr. You can also check your sugar to see what it is running in general. You also didn't mention if you ate before you took the reading. That can have an affect on you sugar. Your best bet for your own piece of mind is to speak with your Dr about your concerns.

A M
Rating
It depends on when you checked your blood.

If it's a fasting blood sugar reading, than it's higher than it should be (under 100 is best, although under 110 is ok, too).

If you tested 2 hours after you ate, and you're not pregnant, than it's a good reading (under 140 is considered good).

If you tested 2 hours after you ate, and you are pregnant, than it's a little higher than it should be (under 120 is considered good).

Curt S
A normal blood glucose level is considered to be between 80 and 120mg/dl. A reading of 127 is slightly elevated and may or may not mean anything significant. It is difficult to diagnose anything based on a single reading. I suggest you test it regularly twice a day (before a meal). If it is frequently over 120 you may be in the early stages of diabetes.

I am a Nurse Practitioner and I want to emphasize the importance of following up with this. It may save your life. Good luck!

Star of the Future
Rating
depends. if ur a diabetic, yes, if ur not, no

Medicine Woman
Rating
Blood sugar readings should read between 80 &120. 127 is not bad. Did you test 2 hours after eating? That is how long it takes to get down to normal. The best readings are in the morning when you first get up. My husband is boarderline diabetic and they told him to test first thing of a morning and 2 hours after eating. I have the opposite, mine goes too low.

sksff88
Rating
Please make sure you specify the units. But I will assume they're mg/dl.

If it is FASTING, then you're SLIGHTLY on the higher side, but if it is just random, then you're GOOD!

bannermoon
Rating
Is this a Canadian or US scale? If it is Canadian you should be going to your doctor and asking for an A.1. C. haemoglobin test or a glucose tolerance fasting test done right away. Only a doctor can do these test.
In Canadian standard (metric) the normal average is 5.4.
Blood Glucose Trages:
For Most Patients With Diabetes
Before Meal 4.0 - 7.0 mmol/L
2 Hours After Meal 5.0 - 10.0 mmol/L

Normal range Before Meal 4.0 - 6.0 mmol/L
Normal Range After Meal 5.0 - 8.0 mmol/L

Andi Sugi
Rating
Yes it is good and normal.

kaush j
1) Firstly are you a diabetic and was this a Random Blood Sugar test or a Fasting Blood Sugar test.
I'd guess if you were a diabetic - you'd know if its normal or not. So I'm guessing your not.

If you were a diabetic =
i) If it was a Random test its normal.
ii) If it was a Fasting test then its a bit above normal, could be due to poor compliance of medication or not having proper Diet control.

2) A HbA1c test is done to check the compliance of medicine in diabetics for the past 3 months. Its more expensive than a Random or Fasting blood sugar test.

3) If your not a diabetic I still need to ask if your 127 reading was Random or Fasting.

If you're not a diabetic =
i) If it was a Random test its normal.
ii) If it was a Fasting test then its a bit above normal

If you have a family history of Diabetes , you can go see a doctor , who will advice you further.

taurus5339
I am a diabetic & my doctor said less then 70 & over 160 is bad so you are just fine!

duchessofb
Rating
Normal levels are between 80-120 It is slightly elevated but not bad. It would be in the "controlled" range if you have been diagnosed with diabetes and are trying to control you blood glucose levels.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy