Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

What is the life expectancy?
What is the life expectancy for people who have diabetes (type 1). Assuming they take care of themselves and they are healthy. I have heard many different things....

What is the easiest and best diabetes monitoring kit?
My friend has type 2 diabetes and only tests himself when he feels bad. He goes to his parents house and borrows his mom's kit. I want to buy him one that he can carry with him and is easy to ...

My blood sugar was 120, the doc said cut sugars, carbs and exercise. Do you have any other tips?
did you go to an diabetic educator, are they good, what is the cost?

Thank ...

What should be the proper diet for a diabetic patient?
i m 49 and suffering from diabetes. what precautions should i take?...

Why do diabetics have things amputated?
I am not a diabetic and thank God I am not but I am so confused on this because I thought diabetes was kind of like a blood disorder or something like that, doing research I found that over 5 great ...

Diabetic question?
Can you take sweetners in your coffee if you are a borerline diabetic? By sweetners i mean the ones from Tesco .(tesco own make)....

Do grapes make blood sugar high?
It work we have to check blood sugars daily and today we gave a bowl of graps for snack, it was extremely high afterwards... trying to see if it was due to grapes.. i know rasins are high so thought ...

Is gastric bypass a healthy option for a type 1 diabetic, overweight teenager?
I am 17, and i am 6'5, and i weigh 320 lbs. I played football this last year and it was tough due to my being out of shape and i want/need to lose weight. I worked out all winter and played ...

Does Diabetes run in the family?
If a parent has Diabetes does that mean the family should be checked as well?...

My Husband just found out that he has high chlosterol, what foods should he eat?
Or what site can i go to, to find out this information? Any help you can provide me with i would apprecaite it.Thank-You....

Am I Fat? (Because I am thinking of not eating...)?
I am 12 and 5"1 and a half and I weigh 140 pounds. Am I fat????
Additional Details
Well In he past 5 days I have only eaten 3 VERY small meals and I havent been hungry..... not ...

Are all diabetics emotional drama queens?

Has anyone felt a tremor in sheffield area in the last 15 minutes?

Ive just tested my blood and the readings are 26.8 what does this mean ?

Additional Details
for the last 3 days ive cut out all and istill cant get it below 18 im not a diabetic but i have got an appointment at the doctors tomorrow.thanks for all the answers ...

Just discovered I am type II diabetic..?
And was handed a glucose monitor kit with instructions
to taking a reading twice daily...
The kit which is nice, only contains enough 'test strips'
for 5 days worth of ...

Is there any cure for the numb feeling on the foot fingers for diabets?

How do I lower my Cholesteral without medication?
Any good foods or teas or whatever and good website suggestions are welcome :)...

I have a 47 year old daughter?
Who is Diabetic, and is on disability for diabetes. She is grossly over weight, has had a terrible round with MRSA, a staph infection and it is still going on. And she lives with a very nice man, ...

What should blood sugar levels be?
My Grandmother who is diabetic was told by her doctor he would like to see her sugar levels at 50. I think that is way to low. He also took her off her diebetic meds while in the hospital a couple ...

False DWI with diabetes?
I recently got arrested fo a dwi when I wasn't even drinking. I have diabetes and read that if my blood sugar was low that I would have giving a false reading. Does anyone know if this is true ...

bedroomeyes#1 s
If u are diabetic and eat sweets and not take your medicine, can you break out in boil like sores?

im_not_psycho_im_cute89
Absolutly you can My dad was a diabetic since 86 and he died in March. He had really bad ulcers on his foot and he had to have his right leg amputated. He suffered with a second infection on the other leg which I helped take care of 4 like 3 years or more and he ended up being a double amputee. He ate a ton of sweets and things that a diabetic shouldn't have aten because he was stubborn and didn't do what the doctor wanted, I tried helping him but he wouldn't listen 2 me much either I know he loved me and all but if you continue to do like what he did you will get boils or sores and it could turn extremely worse.

Miss Hell
Rating
Yeah & you could go blind & disabled & be hooked up to machine for the rest of your life, if you let yourself get out of control. Is a cookie worth that?

poisonivy4913
Rating
Yes, I know someone who died of diabetes

darkness_returns
Rating
I'm pretty sure it's a bit more serious than that. You can go into a coma. There are sweets that are made for diabetics but I'm pretty sure you still need to take your shots.

pelon
There is alot that can happen. Why do you ask if you already know the answer?

starting over
Rating
No, you can go into a diabetic coma and die. If you know someone who is doing this, and they start acting drunk, call an ambulance..right away.

jen
yes, you can. out of control diabetics can have multiple symptoms up to and including death.

leonard24seven
Rating
being a diabetic you should not eat sweets .you know that im sure ,look if you want to live long have a good life take your meds and dont mess with sugars .you know it makes sense take your meds and look after yourself ,no boils no hypos no yeast infections no blurry eyes no sweats any of these ring a bell .

chick-a-dee
not usually, but i have different things that happen to me when i'm high and it's not a regular symtom. Just take your meds and that won't happen

don't listen to lenard. Diabetics can eat sweets; just not a lot.

missembelle
I hope so! Take your medicine stupid!

Angela B
Rating
Yes, and a whole lot worse can happen as well, as others on this Board can tell you. Please take your medicine and follow dietary advice, because diabetes is a serious condition and can be deadly if you do not take care of yourself.

nellieb_959
Rating
yes. Please take your meds! Diabetics can often break out in painful boil like sores regardless of what they eat.

cloothe
Rating
If you are a diabetic who eats sweets, and you don't take your medicine, sores are the least of your concerns. Death is much more important.

I've never heard of boils coming from diabetes, but the disease comes out in so many ways that I suppose it could happen. More likely, it comes from the fact that uncontrolled diabetes makes sores and cuts take longer to heal. That part is definitely true. So, while the diabetes might not be the cause of the break out in sores, it can make it much worse, by not letting the body heal them as they form.

Take your medicine!! And cut down on those sweets. Your life is in your hands--literally.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy