Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

How do you prevent yourself from eating so much?

I eat huge amounts of fruit. Is there a danger of diabetes?
I never had diabetes in my life but I am worried that I might develop diabetes because I eat enormous amounts of fruit every day, especially before going to bed. For example, eating 10 apples a day ...

Why the heck do people say diabetes like "Die A Beat Is" instead of "Die A beat ees"?
Like that fat old man on that medicare commercial.
Additional Details
Like that cowboy-ish guy on the medicare commercial- I'm just wondering--alsodoes anyone elae say it like that?...

My dad is diabetic and he is taking 23ml of insulin injectable - Is that ok.?
What is the recommended (mls) per day per person. . . He says that when he takes it in the morning and evening he can feel that its too much in his system. So he's been taking 23ml and i'...

Blood sugar at 171 wait to see Dr?

Type 2 diabetes can make you lose your teeth?
My husband has had great teeth all his life, now that he has diabetes 2 the dentist tells him he has lost bone mass in his mouth because of the diabetes. Without having surgery what can he take to ...

Another queston about constipation?
does constipation cause your back to hurt and if so is that not ...

I'm 25 and i found out last january i was diabetic, I love sweets how can i change my eating habits?

Additional Details
I dont take insulin i'm prescribed with pills, and by sweets I dont mean i eat a whole cake alone lol,, a bag of m&m's or hershey bar everyother day but ...

What do you do to not get diabetes?
I need to know what do you do to NOT get diabetes .I am afriad maybe i will get them....

Why do I get dizzy when I am hurngey? Thanks?
I get dizzy bad and that how I know I need to eat. some days i dont gte dizzy i just eat but other day i cna eat all day long and be ready dizzy and once i eat again i am fine...after baout 30 mins ...

Is there a doctor in the house?
If I drink a Mountain Dew, Flavoured beer, mixed drink, or certain beer, I get servere pains in my stomach. It's pretty unbearable. Am I becoming diabetic or something? Is my panceas going to ...

My father is very close to being diabetic. he is 57. what foods can help lessen the risk? Already works out?
I'm just looking for things to do for him. he's already started exercising more. any help you can give me is much appreciated. thank you all....

I"M a borderline diabetic what can i eat to lower my sugar?
im not taking any med's for it. and i dont want to so i need some help ...

How low is dangerously low for blood sugar?
My uncle has type 2 diabetes and my mother said his blood sugar went down to 33. She says he could have died. Is that true? His normal blood sugar is 130 now that he's on medication. She ...

Does my husband have diabetes?
My husband has bouts of symptoms where he feels really sore and worn out. We think he may have diabetes but we haven't gone to the doctor yet because first we wanted to wait until after C...

How can I remove the blood from test strips to reuse them?
I am a diabetic and I need to monitor my blood sugar as closely as possible, but I have a limited supply of test strips....

How do you tell if your diabetic?
I hate going to the doctor, is there a way beside going to the doctor, to tell if im diabetic. My father and some of my cousin, on my father side, and my step brother is all diabetic, im worry i ...

Can I buy syringes and needles from boots without quesions?
or do I need a doctors note or something to prove I have diabetes?...

How do I avoid developing diabetes?

Is cholestrol good for u?

bababamoose
If one were to overdose on insulin, how long would it take to die?
Is the death painful?

wish_me_dead_666
make sure you inject it straight into the neck that way you die, seeing as your hell bent on death why not use a gun

carpetrug01
in the movie momento, it seemed a matter of 10 - 30 minutes. I think you become incapicated, have difficulty breathing, sweat, and then go into a coma.

Please do not consider doing this to yourself or killing yourself in any other way. Suicide is a PERMENANT solution to a TEMPORARY problem.

brvkid
Rating
Death is not the answer. you should talk to someone like a pastor or someone you trust if you are having feelings like that.

Amalthea
There are a number of different kinds of insulin, which vary according to how rapidly they act. Humalog insulin, is very quick; Lantus insulin by comparison is very slow-acting. And there are others in between. So how long it would take to die would depend on the form of insulin. Before death occurred, there would be symptoms of low blood sugar, which might include dizziness, shaking, sweating, disorientation, lethargy. Also prior to death the victim might experience seizures or lapse into a coma. They would not be conscious when death occurred, so from that standpoint it would not be painful. The treatment for an overdose, of course, is to get glucose into the bloodstream, preferably by IV, if the overdose is severe.

George D
Rating
I don't believe you would OVER DOSE on Insulin. Reason why is that with too much Insulin you would go into Insulin shock and start going into convolutions. Doing this your system would adjust and start to bring you out of the shock it not by submitting a conscious state or mild conscious state. If you fear over-dosing, check with your Doctor or Caregiver and let them help you realize this fear.
Good Health&Good Luck

I do what I want..
Rating
I don't think it would be painful, you would go into a coma first as you blood sugar levels dropped and then you would die. But I don't recommend suicide.

kittywink
baba don't even think about it. Life is a gift from God. We only get to do it once.

just_missp
Rating
the death is not painful you would probably go into a coma first

x
It depends on the volume injected. If you exceed the body's capacity to counter the volume injected of the fastest acting (such as Humalog), then death will come quicker.

However, too much of anything will kill you. For instance, drinking water like that dumb mom on the radio show contest. Water is free. Insulin is expensive.

Sparkles
Rating
Please think of the effect this would have on your family members if you did this. If you were not successful at an immediate death, your body would lie in ICU with your kidneys hemorrhaging and shutting down, and your other organs dying one at a time. Your family would see you having seizures as your body died. Out of every memory they had of you from the time you spent on earth, this is the one they would remember the most. They would also blame themselves because of feeling they did not do something that could have saved you. If you survived, you would possibly have irreversible kidney damage.

Cammie
It's a bad method.You get very scared , shaky and confused.
There is always that survival instinct that kicks in .

violet83
Do u want to die? I wouldn't know if death is painful i haven't died yet...

lottsaink
you would probably end up severely brain damaged instead of dead. i have seen this happen before in a case where a husband tried to kill his wife. it wasn't very pretty as she will live the rest of her life being cared for and not able to live in reality.
try to get help for your depression instead of attempting something you can't foresee the outcome of. there is help if you try to find it. i spent thanksgiving in ICU for trying the same thing. really thought i had it planned out perfect. good luck.

Cuban Lady
National Suicide Hotlines USA
United States of America

Toll-Free / 24 hours a day / 7 days a week

1-800-SUICIDE* 1-800-273-TALK
1-800-784-2433* 1-800-273-8255

estrellastar98
Rating
It would depend on the type of insulin you injected. Humulin N (NPH insulin) takes 1-4 hours to get to peak levels. Humulin R (regular insulin) takes about 2.5-5 hours to reach it's peak. Lantus doesn't ever really peak.
However it is a bad way to pick to try to kill oneself. When your blood sugar bottoms out, your body immediately begins making glucose to compensate. Although it is possible to die, what usually happens is that you inject the insulin, your blood sugar decreases over the next few hours but not quick enough so that your body cannot compensate to save itself. I know someone who attempted this by injecting a WHOLE bottle who woke up the next morning in a stupor. Plus, once you woke up it is possible you would have damaged your brain or other body parts because of the low blood sugar. If successful, it probably wouldn't hurt because you would pass out before death. However it would definitely NOT be my first choice! I really hope someone you know is not considering it!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy