Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

I am 50, my blood sugar is 6.1 compared to the upper limit of 5.9. How can I limit the damage from hereon?

Why do the symptoms of diabetes occur?

What does it mean when a diabetic says he "crashes"?

I need a listing of "free" veggies for diabetes...?
I know that lettuce, cukies, (cucumbers), mushrooms, and celery are considered to be "free" that is sugar free..mostly water based..but, what else is out there...we diabetics have to be ...

Diabetes: Is low really worse than high?
I thought a diabetic coma was different to a hypoglycaemic coma, but today I was informed they are the same - low blood sugar. In my first aid training I was told if we aren't sure if a diabetic ...

When a diabetic (which I am) tests their blood, does it HAVE to be 2 hours after a meal or can it be later?

In an untreated diabetic person,the blood glucose concentration after the meal reaches an abnormally high leve
in an untreated diabetic person,the blood glucose concentration after the meal reaches an abnormally high level.eventually it slowly falls,however.knowing that insulin is required for glucose uptake ...

Why did nick jonas get diabetes?
I read about this and i cried.so tell me WHY this happened to him!Because he seems so healthy whyd this happen???!!...

Where can I buy a used insulin pump?

Can honey be bad for you?

Diabetes??? do i have it?
i dont know if i have it but i do have some of the syptoms:
im always hungry
im usually tired
and i pee a ...

If you eat does it increase or decrease your blood sugar levels.?
I am diabetic and get confused I havent ate since this morning but my blood sugar is high at 275. If i eat right now will my blood sugar go up. I know it depends on food but in general will it change ...

Being tired all the time, a sign of diabetes or iron anemia?

Do you binge?
Do you binge sometimes on junk food?...

What are the symptoms of diabetes?Is there a prevention tip for that..?

Any ideas for helping a diabetic lose excess weight?
i diet and try to eat right.. my blood sugars are usually in the normal range, but i can't get my weight to go down at all..i know i can't be alone..can i?...

Anyone actually cured of type 2 diabetes? Could you tell me how you were cured?

Additional Details
Please don't tell me to change my diet, as I've done that, I am also exercising everyday, I eat no white anything. I eat Ezekiel Bread, I know the ...

What are the effects if someone has diabetes?

Diagnosis for color blindness ?

Question about meds?
I was diagnosed about 10 years ago. I got up to some fairly high doses of 3 different meds, 2 twice a day and one once a day. About a year ago I started feeling tired all the time and it got to the ...

Daphne B
If my sugar is at 320 how do i get it down?

Laugh-a-holic
Take some insulin then eat in about 30 min or so but be careful your sugar goes down really fast!

Tin S
More meds or insulin. TYPE1 or 2? Exercise will bring it down the quickest.And cut out the carbs. More meat and veggies. Please include more info, not for me cause I don't go back to Questions. But for the future people that answer.Like what meds you are on now.

Fox29
Rating
That is WAY TO HIGH. if your sugar is at 320, then you need to call your Doctor ASAP and have him/her help you get it back down BEFORE you end up going into a diabetic comma. Your Doctor is the only one that can help you with this. good luck.

d c
Rating
well... that level is to high!

always seek advice from a doctor... based on you condition, diet, exercise an insulin intake he will be able to help you achieve safe glucose level..

karen h
Rating
Call your doctor right away. If you are not on insulin you should be on it. Diet, eat low carbo foods and do not eat anything with sugar in it. Take walks.

adagiogray
The answer is: it depends. Are you a type 1 or type 2 diabetic? I'm going to assume type 2, where your problem is insulin resistance moreso than a problem with insulin production (type 1). Are you an insulin dependent diabetic, or are you only controlled by pills? Are you on any type of medications that might raise it (steroids, etc?) Are you ill or have you undergone surgery/trauma recently?

You probably know the most obvious answers if you are relatively healthy: Exercise and a lower-carb consistent diet will help keep your numbers down some and lessen resistance to your body's insulin.

Any time your sugar goes over 300(or over 200 consistently), you should let your doctor know right away, because they are in tune more with how you may react to different interventions than a generic website or a random nurse like myself dispensing advice. They may even want you to go to the hospital for evaluation and treatment.

I'm not sure what your sugar-checking regimen is, but typically if you are checking 4 times a day (before meals and at bedtime), you need to be sure you are checking *before* you eat, because your numbers are of course going to be higher right after eating.

In brief:
Short term intervention - insulin (definitely call your doctor to see if they want to adjust your dosing or want you to come in).
Long term intervention - diet and exercise.

I'm so sweet I need insulin
If you are diabetic (as in already diagnosed) I'd correct for the high sugar and take some tylenol because I would have a humongous headache. I'd also drink lots of water and test for ketones... I might exercise if ketones are negative, but then I probably wouldn't b/c of the headache..

If you are not a diagnosed diabetic, you should call 911 or get somebody to take you to the ER. Don't drive though, please! 320 is a pretty high bg... normal is 70/80-120...

But I really do hope that you get your sugar down and start feeling better, and if you're not diagnosed yet, I'm sorry that you probably will be pretty soon... Good luck and best of hope to you!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy