Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone know how to lower bloodsugar without prescription drugs?
I mean such as natural remedies....

How can you bring your sugar level down quickly?
I an a recently diagnosed diabetic and need to know what is the best thing to do when my blood sugar is high? I do not have any medication yet from the Dr. so I am trying to get some natural methods....

Is brown rice healthy for diabetics?

Is Diabetes fatal? How long does the person live?

HELP! My dad's diabetic...?
Diabetes runs in our family and my dad just recently found out that he got it as well. Can anyone advise me on how to take care of a diabetic person? The do's and don'ts? What to eat and ...

Is it possible for a person with diabetes to be this moody?
i know two pepole who has diabetes and they always be moody i want to know if this myth is ture. i want serious ...

Hi, What are some possible ideas of what a government can do to decrease the risk of Diabetes, type 2? - Thanx
It is possible to prevent type 2 Diabetes, especially if it is not in one's genes. What are some responsobilities the government can take up to help. For example, so far I have: 1) More medical ...

How to avoid constipation?

Can you go into a diabetic coma, with high blood sugar? Mine is over 500.?

What should i do if my blood sugar level is 555?

What is pancreatitis?

What can happen if you eat to much sugar all at once?
Please try to answer these questions... Does eating to much sugar at once feel like the same effect you would taking a drug... What are the harmful effects of eating to much sugar at once... My ...

How to control blood sugur?

High blood sugar and anger?
12yr old son, very angry when sugar is up or down too much, anyone else?...

Can somebody live without a pancreas?
People can live, without a galbladder, spleen, one kidney, apendix, even with out a liver (in rare cases).... But can somebody live with out pancreas? If so, what are the risk? The reason for my ...

Why is there an increase in Type 2 Diabetes?

My bf has diabetes and drinks alcohol often, is this bad?
i guess he is type 1 which means he takes shots, but i been hearing you have to eat certain foods and not supossed to drink alcohol, he doesnt do any of that, is that bad? will he die sooner than ...

What organ is demaged on a diabetic patient?
A) lungs
B) heart
C) kidneys
D) gall ...

How can you get infected by diabetes??

How long can someone live with dieabetes they said to me 20 years the most when diganosed?

susanta c
If a patient have diabetes, will he be able to eat honey?
if a patient have diabetes, will he be able to eat honey?

David
Hi
you can't take honey. Because it also has sugar content.

SATISH SHAW
Rating
Yes, A diabetic can eat honey since the sweetness contained in honey is natural. But mind you, the quantity should be decided only after consulting the doctor.

RayeKaye
I might be speaking out of turn here, but I think honey is a safer sweetener for a diabetic than table sugar because it doesn't require as much insulin to metabolize it.

vishu bharal
no and never.if u r indian and blive in astrology i sugget u to prey the shni dev on saturday to get rid from the diseases. and never take honey if u r diabetic.live simple and curable life.for more u can mail me vishu_bharal@yahoo.co.in or call me 09350479971

raj k
yes it is advisable

Catcanscratch
Rating
No because it's a sugar - Also no peas or corn

coldest snow
Yes. Ask parents having diabetes to take Kashmiri herb Sumbalo 1/2 gm daily for 6 months. Diabetes will vanish . i've another herbal formula I'm unable to remember right now which is the invention of Pakistani Hakeem abdul Waheed Sulemani of Urdu bazaar , Lahore which cures diabetes in only few doses fully. Please remind me if I'm unable to tell within one month.

tommybear45
yes but according to my honey people
they say that the
Tupelo honey is better for diabetics because it breaks down slower, like Whole Wheat bread does

http://www.huntershoneyfarm.com/

they ship

Robert S
Of course, in reasonable quantities;-} it's better than sugar.

cedenoarvelo
Rating
of course yes., but moderate

trunkles552000
Rating
Yes, no reason why not.

BUT...

They will have to take it into account when working out their diet.

There seems to be an idea going around that diabetics can't eat sugar and that isn't quite right.

Sugars (glucose, fructose, maltose, sucrose, etc) are carbohydrates, as is much of the food we eat. The body takes those carbohydrates and converts them all to to glucose. And glucose is gasoline for humans! If you run out of glucose then your engine will stop. Permanently. Funeral home type permanently.

The pancreas creates insulin, which is the body's glucose controller. If you have too much insulin going round then the amount of glucose in your blood will go down. If it goes down far enough then you can end up in a coma and die. If you don't have enough insulin, then you blood glucose level will go up and that will slowly but surely damage your body, quite badly in the long run. If it goes up to far then you can end up almost poisoning yourself with substances called ketones and that's a trip to the ER with potentially unpleasant consequences.

There are two main formss of diabetes (there are others). Type 1 diabetes is an auto-immune disease, usually (but not always) occurring in childhood. Basically, your body killed the insulin creating cells in your pancreas and you will be injecting insulin for the rest of your life. Type 2 diabetes usually occurs in adults (but not always) and is heavily linked to obesity and can have a genetic component (it can run in families). A type 2 diabetic usually produces insulin, but their body has become resistant to its effect and/or they don't produce enough insulin. Type 2 diabetics usually control there diabetes by diet or tablet medication that lowers insulin resistance or increases insulin production. Type 2 diabetes may get worse with age and need injected insulin too.

An insulin dependent diabetic can adjust the amount of insulin they take to cope with honey, ice cream, doughnuts, black forest gateau and all the other goodies we all love. Someone who relies on diet or tablet medication would have to be very careful eating honey. They have to carefully adjust their diet to fit their body's ability to cope with it.

Yeh, yeh, I know, that was one hell of a long but. :)

Jonathan
Rating
A diabetic can eat almost anything as long as he or she takes into account how much sugar and fat are in the item and adjusts their insulin dose accordingly. Of course, everything needs to be eaten in moderation. If a diabetic really wants to eat something with honey, they can always try substituting agave nectar for the honey. Agave nectar is sweet like honey but is lower in sugar (I think) and doesn't mess with a diabetic's blood glucose levels like honey does.

gangadharan_nair
Rating
Honey is quite similar to sugar, so there is no real advantage from substituting honey for sugar. Unlike sugar, honey provides some minerals — but only in trace amounts. Also, honey is sweeter than granulated sugar, so you can substitute a smaller amount of honey for sugar in some recipes. But honey actually has more carbohydrates and more calories per teaspoon than granulated sugar has. So any calories and carbohydrates you save will be nominal.
If you prefer the taste of honey, go ahead and use it — but only in moderation. Be sure to count the carbohydrates in honey as part of your eating plan.
Please see Google search for more details on Honey and Diabetes.

lonepinesusan
No, it is like eating regular sugar. Use Splenda.

Tim Br
Rating
No, it's the same as sugar.

db2byl
As long as you use the carb count listed for the amount you use and incude it in the daily carb plan, then yes. You always have to be aware of the carbs you are eating and make sure that you eat healthy and not a lot of junk food.

♥ terry g ♥
SUGAR IS SUGAR IS SUGAR! Regardless of it's source, sugar is still sugar. A diabetic can eat any sugar including honey, *as long as* they are counting the carb content and adjusting their diet accordingly. This idea that natural sugar is less harmful to a diabetic is completely inaccurate.

Mr. Peachy®
Rating
"Honey is mainly fructose (about 38.5%) and glucose (about 31.0%)"

Those are the same ingredients as table sugar (sucrose)

Besides being sweeter and having more calories, the body can't tell the difference.... despite what some here would have you believe.

So, to answer your question, the diabetic patient has to limit their honey intake in much the same manner as their sugar and carbohydrates.... by counting the calories.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy