Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Symptoms of Diabetes?
I cannot put on any weight despite rigourous gym work, have a very weak bladder and need to pee every half hour, spells of dizziness'lightheadedness (which are usually cured by drinking coke or ...

Are these some of the symptoms of diabetes?
-dizziness
-loss of weight mainly in the area of the calves, thighs, and gluts
-fatigue
-joint pain
-weakness and/or dizziness caused by LACK of sugar (i thought it was the ...

Is BROWN SUGAR good for people with diabetes 2. my doctor says it is no good?

What kind of doctor does my husband need to see for a physical and blood work checkup?
My husband's father died of complications of diabetes when he was 53 about ten years ago and here recently his uncle (who already had both legs aputated) just got scheduled to have both hands ...

My feelings are hurt?
im diabetic and at skool the other day pepol were looking at this kids new hat and some one passed it to me and the kid was like ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww he got diabeties all over it and i wanted to beat the ...

Do you know about diabetes?
Do you or someone you know have diabetes? What were the symptoms before you were diagnosed? I have been urinating very frequently lately. And it doesn't feel like a UTI because i have had one ...

How do i no if i have diabeties?
like what would happen to me to no i have diabeties??
or what would happen if i had diabeties and didnt do anything about it ???? or didnt goto the doctor??...

Child with high blood sugar.?
I work at an elementary. The nurse was out and we had a student with high blood sugar. How should I have treated this? He's diabetic and his sugar was running 500+...

I weigh 276 want to get down to 190?
i eat breakfast at 9:30 or 10 am i still get hungry before lunch i eat egg white sandwiches at breakfast like 2 egg whites what else can i eat for breakfast with out to much ...

Is there any diabetics out there, my hubby has got sum symptoms of diabetes and has a sweet smelly breath?

Can you eat oranges if your a diabetic?

What kinds of food that prevent from being diabetic?

I am a diabetic (type 1), can I still give blood?

I am 19, my blood sugar was 138 is that good or bad?

I seriously think I might have diabetes. Does anyone agree or disagree
In the past year and a half I have gained about 100 pounds. It was partly due to medication (I recently fixed that problem), and it was also due to the fact that I was bored (became home-schooled) so ...

Is it bad for diabetics to drink Gatorade?
I hear Gatorade is like the worst thing anyone can drink. But out of desperation, I'm looking for what IS good for diabetics to drink that has electrolytes....

My bloodsugar level was7.5.Why would my doctor sugest a gluten intolerant test.?

What is the best medication to take for diabetes II?
I have taken in the past glucophase, and I'm now on metformin....

Anyone know of any ways to get blood sugar down quickly without the use of insulin??
My husband went to the dr today, he is type 2 diabetic. He has known this for a while and is currently on pills to help. Today when he was tested he tested 500.. which is sooo scary. Alot of ...

What is the best exercise for diabetes?

survr2survr
If I get a prescription and it says take it 3X a day, does that mean every 8 hrs. or with my 3 meals that day?

Tsunami
Rating
WITH 3 MEALS.

july
TID (three times a day) = every 8 hours.

Tim Br
If it's diabetic medication, it's meant to be taken right before meals. Be careful of low blood/sugar.

JM
Rating
Generally it means every eight hours - but some meds can and should be taken with meals, instead.

Call your pharmacy and ask the pharmacist - she's the best one to ask...

sue
Rating
go to WebMd.com to find out what the doctor or your pharmacist isn't telling you about the med. This site has lists of meds with prescribing info on it.

Too many doctors say "Here, take this. It will help the problem" and say nothing else. Pharmacists, unless the law requires it, don't give any more help than that either.

We must each do our own research on meds, food plans, and all else so we are educated and can have better knowledge and control of our diseases. We can specialize in a way doctors, pharmacists, nurses, etc don't have the time for doing. Educate yourself!! It is easy on the internet.

xox_bass_player_xox
Rating
It depends on the medication and the side effects. Some medications should be taken every 8 hours (or close to it). Others cause problems if taken on an empty stomach so they should be taken 3 times daily with food. You should talk to your pharmacist about it if you are unsure. Most of them are very happy to answer your questions.

crazyquestion47
Rating
Depends on how soon you eat after your other meal. I would stick with the every 8 hrs. If you have to take your medicine with food, eat a snack or make sure your meals are spread out enough!

db2byl
Rating
It means every 8 hours unless it specifies taking with food, then you can take it with meals or snacks.

♥Shortstuff ♥
Take the medicine every 8 hours. :)

Jay W
That means every 8 hrs - when you wake up, 8 hours later, and then ~8 hours after that (before bedtime). If you took them with every meal, the time between the last pill of the day and the first of the next day would be too far apart.

Mr. Peachy®
Rating
If it were to be taken with meals, it usually will say so.... provided your doctor and/or pharmacist did their homework (which isn't always the case). Better call to make sure.

DrIG
Rating
Some medications need to be taken with or food or after food. Some should be taken without eating. You should have receive information from a paper that was included with the medication.

You can also call the drugstore where you purchased the medication or the doctor that prescribed it. Another way is to do a search in Yahoo or Google with the name of the medication.

Do not guess.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy